Download Issues with Chase Bank

Options
Scott Baines
Scott Baines Member ✭✭✭

For the past 2 days, I have had to deactivate/activate my credit card accounts from Chase Bank. I have 2 sets of cards that have different credentials (one for me, one for my spouse). Seems one is working and the other isn't. So i have to deactivate/activate to get transaction downloaded. This started with release 53.16. Anyone else having an issue with Chase downloads?

Comments

• Scott Baines
    Scott Baines Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I should add that when I initially download and no transactions appear, there is no error message, the download completes normally, just no transactions. Then I deactivate/activate and transactions appear.

• kloach0315
    kloach0315 Member ✭✭
    Options

I tried the reset account/deactivate/activate on my checking and 2 credit cards. Although Quicken shows the correct total all three are missing bank entries. I've giving up on trying to get Quicken to show all available bank (CHASE) entries.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Scott Baines and @kloach0315,

Are you deactivating and reactivating all Chase account(s) or only the affected account(s)?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Jon_sacks
    Jon_sacks Member ✭✭
    Options

Also having issues with the Chase Download, it is asking each time I do the download, what account I want to update to. Also, the Memo field is wrong, it is coming from the last matching (memorized) transaction and "Don't update memo when downloading" is not checked. Something is broken.

Also, I can no longer get Amex transactions for one of the cards, this seems to be a known bug under ticket 10595083, but no ETA from Quicken. Looks like they hosed something in connectivity in this release.

Version R53.16
    Build 27.1.53.16

• SomebodyInGNV
    SomebodyInGNV Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I'm getting errors when updating Chase. It tells me an account has been deleted. Various ways to reset the connection work inconsistently. Sometimes I have to go so far as to log in to Chase separately, disable sharing from the web site, deactivate all accounts, wait awhile, then set it up again. That finds and links all the accounts. Other times a simple reset works. Sometimes it finds some and misses others.

I obviously can't observe the data stream between Chase and the aggregator but nothing appears to have changed on the web site.

This is new to me since late November and consistent since then.

• lablanc
    lablanc Member
    Options

i am having issues with chase also, it keeps asking me to reactivate and every time it misassigns accounts to the wrong file and for some it simply doesnt download. i dont have any entries for some accounts since nov 7th and it doesnt say error or anything it says that all transactions are downloaded. you would think with a $10B IT budget chase would be able to get its act together

• chojo
    chojo Member
    Options

I haven't been told my credit card has been deleted, nor asked to deactivate/activate it. However, for several days it hasn't downloaded the online balance and as of this morning it's not downloading any transactions in the requested date range of 11/30 to 12/4, despite there having been many transactions. Initially it seemed to download a file with no transactions and now it's just not giving me a download at all, despite saying that it is. Chase is such a pain to deal with in Quicken.

• Corey Bercun
    Corey Bercun Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been having this problem for over a month. I have spent hours on the phone with Quicken support with no resolution.

Ultimately, I was told that Quicken is aware of the issue and working on a fix but has no ETA on resolution.

The only work around is to download a qfx file for each bank account which defeats the benefit of one step update.

I have become increasingly frustrated with Quicken since the separation from Intuit.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello Everyone,

We do currently have an active alert regarding missing transactions with Chase. Have you attempted the troubleshooting steps located here?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• SomebodyInGNV
    SomebodyInGNV Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I'm having frequent problems with only one of multiple Chase accounts. The error message is always CC-800, "one or more accounts have been deleted". I've deactivated that account and re-added it and also deactivated all Chase accounts and re-added all. That works, then the next day it's missing again.

Sometimes when I reactivate all, most, but not all, accounts are found. If I run the process immediately again, it finds the missing account. There seems to be a communication delay between the bank and the Quicken servers.

Nothing has changed on the account in question. I didn't change the nickname within Chase, which has caused problems in the past, but I think that's only with EWC which is screen scraping, not EWC+ which, I believe, is not.

While I don't think this is relevant, I have business accounts with Chase, and personal accounts. I had Chase merge the personal accounts into the business user ID so I can see them all with a single ID. I've used that approach for years and it hasn't changed. The missing account is personal but there are multiple other personal accounts that work normally.

• DLichman
    DLichman Member
    Options

Kristina from Quicken wrote the following, but I cannot find "third party apps"

1. Navigate to Chase's website, (www.chase.com), look for third party apps, and unlink Quicken.
    2. After the accounts are unlinked, return to Quicken, and attempt to Add the Chase accounts by using the "+" button.

• phonedoc1
    phonedoc1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Today my Chase account failed to update even though there were no errors shown. I updated again and it showed no errors but failed to add new transactions. I then did a "reset" which has worked in the past. Today, it made me reauthorize the Chase account by logging into a Chase session that Quicken initiated. The Chase side said the add was successful and I would be redirected back into Quicken. The redirect did not happen and the account is now disconnected in Quicken with no way to get it back after several attempts and getting the dreaded "Sorry, We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)". This new account failing to work properly is in addition to the Kohls Credit Card connectivity being down for MONTHS with no definitive answers or a projected correction date.

Quicken - you are quickly gaining unfavored nation status with me. Please step up to these issues and correct them!

Version R53.26

Build: 27.1.53.26

• dornmj
    dornmj Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

PhoneDoc1, you are right on the money. I am experience that exact same issue. I did a Reset as well, and had the same exact results with the same dreaded message "Sorry, We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)".

Chase is our primary card for personal and work.

Quicken - It seems I am losing bank connectivity to accounts several times a year. And they are all on the back-end. My renewal is less than a month away. Like PhoneDoc1, and I am losing faith with the product. I hope this is resolved in hours or day, and not weeks. I am going to begin researching alternatives in preparation.

I am in IT myself. I know things happen. But response time is everything!! I would not keep my job if resolving an issue took days and weeks. PLEASE FIX IT!

Version R53.26

Build: 27.1.53.26

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

NO one ever believes me or tries this, but when I get that exact situation I do this :)

Start your browser in safe mode before you ever open Quicken. Disabling all addons is NOT the same. In Firefox, it is SHIFT CLICK on the icon.

THEN, go through reathorizing you quicken accounts.

You might be surprised. And it can't hurt anything any more than it might be now.

• sbarber5
    sbarber5 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Add my Chase Ink business credit card account to the affected list. This account does have separately tracked account numbers for my wife and I as some other user's accounts mentioned prior.

Same thing, these 2 accounts stopped reporting online balances and downloading transactions, while the remainder of my Chase accounts One Step Update as expected.

Spent two half days with Quicken support. Both times I was left stranded by them. The first time I had to leave for an appointment and sent all the logs and jpegs requested. Then on the second call, they took so long to escalate I had to leave again for a business appointment by the time they were ready to escalate. Then after I was already in the car, they realized they lost the log files and screen shots they had me upload on the first call so would need me to provide again and call back in a 3rd time - "when I could be available long enough to complete the process." Seriously. This was at level 2 escalating to level 3. I asked if they were going to pay 2 days of salary to me for doing their support work and why should any consumer need to dedicate a full business day of their own time to escalate a known issue?!

JUST FIX IT Quicken, even if it is on Chase's side get your team on it! P.S. I called Chase also and had them reset the connection from their end. No dice obvi.

• sbarber5
    sbarber5 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Software update THIS MORNING to version 27.1.53.26

Reset in security center in advance on Chase's side yet again.

Reset BOTH affected Chase Ink accounts in the Online Services panel of the affected accounts.

NO SOLUTION; PROBLEM REMAINS THE SAME - no reported online balances for either account and no new transactions were downloaded. One Step Updates indicates all 5 Chase accounts were updated.

Had hope this next update would resolve. If I wanted to manually track my accounts I would just track my balances online and forego the software!

I renew in March Quicken… maybe not

• RGB3
    RGB3 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here with Chase. Ditto on renewal. I don't understand why this is so hard for them to figure out.

• soold
    soold Member ✭✭
    Options

Having the same issues -and it's not just Chase accounts. Transactions from several bank and brokerage accounts are not being downloaded, but the process seems to complete successfully (no error messages). I contacted Quicken support this morning to escalate the issue, but the agent told me I had to synch my data to the cloud in order to continue troubleshooting, which I am not comfortable doing. I thought synching to the cloud was optional?

• JWnAtl
    JWnAtl Member
    Options

I am also having issues with the Chase Credit Card accounts. I've reset it several times, and it tries to link to a different bank account in Quicken. When I wanted to Add it as a NEW Chase account, it tried to set it as a checking/savings account.

• sbarber5
    sbarber5 Member ✭✭
    Options

53.32 update today - no changes

At least updates are coming more frequently. Maybe they are pushing through some changes leading to a fix and prioritizing fixing these issues?

I would also like to add to my above posts that as part of the troubleshooting, I was asked to create a completely separate data file and add these acocunts. The did the same exact thing (leading me to believe that Quicken and Chase need to talk quickly).

I am not certain it is not just issues with the newer Web Express Connect+ transaction download type. Should allow us to roll that back.

• Corey Bercun
    Corey Bercun Member ✭✭
    Options

Same thing here. Problem has been occurring for 6 weeks. They indicated yesterday the issue needed escalation but the department was not available and I would be called back today at 10:00 AM. No call was received. I just called back and was told they are working on the problem but do not have any estimate on when the problem would be resolved.

• 30yruserqkn
    Options

Hi, I have the same exact issue and it started on the exact same dates. Support has not been able to help so far. I read every posting I could find and followed other things people have done. But none have worked so far. 1. I have reset my chase account online services. 2. Deactivated and reactivated online services. 3.Made a copy/template of my database which deletes all online services connections from all accounts. Then I tried to do it again and it failed. 4. I also logged out as a quicken user online in my data file, and then relogged in with normal ID, hoping to reset my user profile, but that did not work. 5. I decided to try a download in proper file format. That worked but will require me to do it MANUALLY qfx any time I want to update my chase register. That would be not worthwhile and too cumbersome to do every week. 6. I validated and repaired my file and also SUPERVALIDATED my file. I show no errors. 7. Finally I decided to try a brand new file without any of my accounts and I added the Chase account as my first register account and tried to connect ONLINE services. That also failed to download anything. It did give the ending balance though. But no transactions were downloaded.

Validate: 

File

Validate and Repair File...

Validate File

Click OK

Close the Data Log

Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)

Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

File

Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...

Super Validate File

Click OK

Close the Data Log

Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)

Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

I was having the same issues. But after performing the steps in my March 31st post I no longer have any issues. It's been over a month with no issues. I haven't tried this but try signing in as a different user:

Choose Edit menu > Preferences.

In the left pane, select Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts.

In the right pane, under Quicken Profile, click Sign in as a different User.

In the Sign in as a different user dialog, enter yes to confirm the action.

Select Sign Out.

You'll be using the same Quicken ID as you were previously signed in as so technically your not signing in as a different user just signing out and back in. But as I stated doing a Quicken file copy as described in my March 31st post fixed all my issues. Your mileage may vary but it's worth a try and in both cases it's easy to do.

Windows

Go to the account register you're having trouble with

Click the Gear icon in the upper right

Click Update Now

Repeat this process for all of your Chase accounts

If that doesn't show new transactions in the register, then try this:

Go to Tools > Account List

Click Edit on your impacted Chase account

On the Online Services tab, click Reset

Follow any prompts to log in, if needed, and then update your accounts again

Finally, if the above steps aren't helpful, you can refresh your financial institution information in Quicken:

Choose Tools menu > Online Center.

Select the financial institution you want to update from the Financial Institution drop-down menu.

While pressing CTRL+F3 on your keyboard, click Contact info at the top of the screen. You must do all three at the same time.

Select the financial institution you want to update, and click Refresh. The branding and profile information will be listed under current status as needs updating.

Click OK.

Click Update/Send, enter your financial institution Password, and select OK. Follow any additional instructions. 

I will try a few more things and let you guys know if any solution. UGH……

• Corey Bercun
    Corey Bercun Member ✭✭
    Options

I too am a long time (over 30 year) Quicken user. I have had the same issues described above since November 2. I tried all of the solutions described above to no avail. Magically, last week one step update started working correctly on all of my Chase accounts. It has continued to work correctly all week. I am keeping my fingers crossed as Quicken Support has been a huge waste of time. In fact, they did not return calls to me at appointed times. If I didn't have over 30 years of data invested, I would dump Quicken.

• TF
    TF Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I started another thread (Chase transactions) not realizing this thread existed. I am having the same issue with a business ink chase card. My personal file with personal Chase accounts seems to work fine. Just my business file with my ink chase card. I too have talked to Chase and unlinked quicken and reactivated the account. I only noticed this issue when my Dec 14 transaction didn't load. This may have started in November.

I don't get any errors but I don't see Chase connection when I do my OSU. It's not connecting properly. The Quicken support/engineering team should be able to trace logs and find out where this broken. Sounds like somewhere between Intuit and Chase?

This connection with Chase has been working for close to 8 years! My file is over 23 years old. Other banks work fine on this file.

• Flux
    Flux Member ✭✭
    edited January 1
    Options

@TF ….I had the EXACT same problem as you. Chase account…stopped downloading perhaps in November did everything (reset account, Unlinked quicken in chase, reactivated account, uninstalled quicken and reinstalled, Super Validate etc etc etc…everything). I finally got it working by :

1) deactivating the account

2) Then right click on the account and choose "Edit/Delete account"

3) Then click on the "Display Options" tab

4) Then for "What accounts are considered in certain cash flow features" change it from "Business" to "Personal"

5) Then try and reactivate your account and when you do, link it to "existing account" which is your same chase account/register (but now it is shown under the "personal" section on the left hand "accounts" list).

By changing "What accounts are considered…" to "Personal" the reactivation and downloads worked finally and I got all my missing transactions downloaded. I have not experimented with changing back to "Business" yet because I'm afraid it will break again and I don't want the hassle right now as I need to work on year end stuff.

If you do try this and it works, and you are adventurous enough to change it back to "Business" to see if it continues to work, please report back so I know if that is worth trying.

SUPER FRUSTRATING…I hope this fix works for you.

TO QUICKEN MODS/SUPPORT…there appears to be a bug here that needs to be addressed regarding accounts set to "Business" (perhaps limited to Chase Cards??) suddenly not downloading transactions and without giving an error which, at the same time, does not effect Chase "Personal" accounts. Changing the business account to Personal using the procedure above seems to fix the download issue. This is a bug that needs to be fixed please.

EDIT TO ADD:

My account is a Chase Amazon Credit Card account that I use for business…thus setting the "What accounts are considered…" to Business. Everything worked up until perhaps November. I am unclear when it stopped working but it's been a while.

• TF
    TF Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2
    Options

Thanks so much for the info @Flux ! Unfortunately, I don't have the option to change to personal. That section only gives me credit or liability. I have suspected this affects only business accounts but not personal.

Turns out by playing with changing intent to liability and back to credit and also trying to delete account without actually following through somehow moved my account to personal from business. And now the transactions downloaded!!!!

So Quicken should know where to look to fix this now. Thanks so much again @Flux

I don't even remember how that account got moved to business in Quicken? Was it one of the reauthorize process? Did Quicken do it? I don't think we have an option to choose personal or business when setting up a credit card account.

• Flux
    Flux Member ✭✭
    Options

@TF Great! Glad you found a way to move the account to personal indirectly!

Do you happen to know how we bring this to their attention? I suspect it will be a low priority issue that will linger even if reported.

Another data point is that when I tried to add the Chase credit card account as a new account instead of linking it to the old account I experienced the same behavior…nothing would download if the new Chase account (and in a new fresh blank quicken file) was setup if it was set to business but when set to personal everything downloads. I also notice in the "one step update" that the chase account will not even show up in the connection result list at the end of the process when set to business. Really odd and random issue.

• Flux
    Flux Member ✭✭
    Options

@TF As to where it asks about personal or business…that happens in the setup process on the same page it asks if you want to "link to existing" or setup the account as new. There is a drop-down option for this.

It sounds like you might be using the wrong chase connection choice when you first setup. If you look to setup a new account and just type "chase" you'll see a lot of different options to choose from. I think you might have chosen the Chase investment type connection. It will still work but quicken looks at that as an investment type account with options appropriate for it.

Seeing as you are connecting a credit card this would be the wrong chase connection choice. Unfortunately quicken doesn't make this obvious as it names all the different connection choices simply "Chase" without any detail delineating which is for cc's and which is for mortgage/investments etc.

• TF
    TF Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2
    Options

@Flux Thanks so much again. I have had this connection working since 2015. I can't remember if it was setup as business and working or if it got changed to business when I reauthorized. Quicken has to figure this out one way or another.

I hope Quicken can setup virtual connections to Quicken server and then Quicken server can connect that to the financial institution actual links or APIs. So in that case, the Quicken users don't have to be involved in that process. Otherwise, we have this continual deactivation/reactivation that makes it a pain. You need some tech know how to setup Quicken and then constant finagling to make it work.

That's why my children moved from Quicken to Empower.

• OldTimeQuser
    OldTimeQuser Member ✭✭
    Options

My last successful download for Chase Credit Cards was mid December. Chase shows up in the OSU popup as waiting and then the OSU finishes without any Chase transaction download. All my non-Chase bank accounts are downloading transactions without issue. I had to download the .QFX file from the Chase website and import the file into Quicken. Somewhere, someone applied a software/hardware update that wasn't tested thoroughly. Anyone who has ever worked in IT knows that the most stable systems are those that are left alone. Unfortunately, technology moves rapidly and forces changes to be made. Most financial institutions implement year end freezes on any technology changes so the bean counters can finalize the annual books with interruption. It's not just Chase and Quicken who are involved in this issue. Intuit provides the linkage from Quicken to Chase so the issue may lie with Intuit. I hope it can be fixed soon or I will have to abandon using Chase for my credit card needs.

This discussion has been closed.