New York 529 College Savings CC-503 error

Options
System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

New York 529 College Savings - failure to connect (CC-501)

Comments

• jojonono
    jojonono Member
    Options

Same is happening for me except slightly different. Quicken finds and offers setup steps for New York 529 College Savings at www.nysaves.org. When I enter my username and password, I receive a CC-503 error. I know username and pw are correct because I have just logged into nysaves website before and after the Quicken attempt to add accounts.

Extremely frustrating.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @jojonono,

A CC-503 error occurs when your financial institution tells Quicken that your login credentials are incorrect.

You may follow this link to access a FAQ that provides more information and troubleshooting steps. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Misterbill
    Misterbill Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited January 10
    Options

Actually, you aren't doing it correctly. You need to set up an "aggregator" login on the NYSaves website and then use that userid and password for Quicken. It effectively sets up a read-only login for Quicken and other third-party tools to use.

Here are instructions:

Need to get access for your third-party aggregator? Log in to your 529 account, select "Profile & Documents," then "Password & Security Features," then "Manage Financial Aggregator Access."

And here's where you would login to test the ID you set up (the instrutions are from this page):

https://www.nysaves.org/nytpl/aggregator/sessionCreate/viewCollectAggrCredentials.cs

Not that it would matter, since Quicken isn't working.

• freerj
    freerj Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options

Having the same experience. CC-503 can't set up online connection.

• jojonono
    jojonono Member
    Options

Thanks Misterbill - I did this now and set up the aggregator credentials. I tested them on the aggregator site, they work when entered directly to the NY Saves 529 aggregator login site, but they do NOT work when provided through the Quicken add new account process. Quicken is seriously such a headache. I have to troubleshoot for hours, days and weeks to save myself minutes.

• rismanma
    rismanma Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks also @Misterbill. I tried this a few days ago, and I got the aggregator credentials like you suggested (I didn't see those instructions anywhere else!)

But, like @jojonono, the credentials aren't accepted in Quicken. In my case, I got CC-501

• Elvin77
    Elvin77 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am also having this issue as well. I used the aggregator credentials and link and it worked for several weeks, but has not worked for the last week or so. I have reached out to support and was told this was an on-going issue and was getting looked at by support. However I do not see this listed in the known issue bug section of this site.

Can someone confirm if this is a current on-going issue that is being investigated?

• rismanma
    rismanma Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you @Quicken Jasmine. Any thoughts on what might cause a CC-501? That is what we've been getting for the last couple of months (this post shows Jan 8; and I just checked and today we still get CC-501)

This discussion has been closed.