Budget Planner Blew Up for 2024

Options
Bione
Bione Member ✭✭✭

At the end of December I created the 2024 Budget Planner using the option of creating a 2024 budget when selecting January. On Jan 1 I adjusted all of the planning entries and set it up for this year. I opened Quicken today and all of my 2024 budget values were gone, rollover selections were off, and the budget categories became unselected. This is totally ridiculous and will have to do a significant amount of work to recreate.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Bione,

Did anything occur before this issue began? Have you attempted to restore a backup that was created before the issue occurred? Did you receive any error codes or messages?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• ManiJ
    ManiJ Member
    Options

Same happened to me. Created 2024 budget in December 2023. It was there and correct on January 1, but then all screwed up after that. I'm assuming there is not fix to get it back, so I'm going to spend the hours of recreating the budget again. I would have had a hard copy that could help me, but the system doesn't allow for a print out with all columns on one page, even though it is a selection.

On top of that I get an email stating that my subscription is going up in price for 2024. While I don't mind paying for something that I use, it does upset me that my increased cost doesn't help fix these issues.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you have Sync to Mobile/Web on, turn it off, it has been corrupting budgets for people that are using it.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • BJS User
    BJS User Member
    Options

I experienced the same issue having prepared my 2024 Budget in the later part of December 2023. The 2024 budget was being displayed in 2023 and also in the first day or two of January. However, when I logged in on January 5, 2024, all the data was gone.

I contacted chat and was advised that this is a known issue and is being work on. It is too bad that this information has not been communicated by Quicken, as it would save users a lot of time.

Hopefully this issue is resolved soon. Especially given the increased price of Quicken.

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Suggest that you all follow the above advice from @Chris_QPW. I have sync to mobile/web turned off and have never had the disappearing budget problem.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• thadcaper
    thadcaper Member ✭✭
    Options

Same.

• Bione
    Bione Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Well, I turned it off and will see next year God willing.

• rodney23
    rodney23 Member ✭✭
    Options

Take a look here… I had similar issues but still want to Sync… this worked for me:

• thadcaper
    thadcaper Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the exact same problem. Chatted with Quicken support who weren't willing to help / weren't willing to escalate this problem that many people are having unless I spent hours recategorizing entries after restoring an old 2023 file. I pointed them to many community conversations where people were having the same problem and they refused to escalate.

This discussion has been closed.