Comments

• MollyG
    MollyG Member ✭✭
    Options

and Quicken support is closed for the holiday

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That is really weird. There is an earlier discussion, now closed, where @MHSwizzleStick had this same issue.

Does the Tax Schedule button appear when you view the account details for other investing accounts?

If you create a new Quicken data file and add an IRA account to it, do you see the Tax Schedule button?

QWin Premier subscription
  • MollyG
    MollyG Member ✭✭
    Options

@MHSwizzleStick did you ever figure out why you did not have access to the tax schedule button?

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I seem to recall the show/hide of the Tax Schedule button is controlled by having the Planning tab shown/hidden. In View | Tabs to Show, is Planning selected?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• MollyG
    MollyG Member ✭✭
    Options

MSHiggins - you are bloody brilliant. Problem solved! Now I can return to my original problem!

• MHSwizzleStick
    MHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, swell…

At the time, I thought some corruption had entered my datafile because an account added to a new, test datafile did not have the problem of the missing button.

Sooo… several years after the linked post above, I finally decided to bite the bullet and start a new, uncorrupted datafile, exporting all transactions from the old one and importing into the new (plus several hours of massaging the data in the new file till all totals and reports matched the old file).

I found the experience very theraputic and highly recommend the procedure…😋

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wow!

When they say hide planning, they mean it. 🤣

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16
    Options

Well, I guess in one way it makes sense: Tax Planner is on the Planning tab so if you don't want to see/use Tax Planner then what do the Tax Schedules matter, right?

Except that those Tax Schedules are needed for various tax reports, regardless of whether or not one wants or needs to use Tax Planner. IMO, the Tax Schedule button should always be visible with no option to hide it.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• MollyG
    MollyG Member ✭✭
    Options

and when i called support, why did they tell me that we no longer had access to the tax schedule button! Grrrr

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

To be fair, the SuperUser here have tons more experience than the support people do and most of were also in the dark about this.

Signature:
  • MHSwizzleStick
    MHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16
    Options

Quicken's Help screen also fails to mention that the Tax Schedule button might be hidden.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Regarding the missing Tax Schedule button: During a Zoom call with some members of the Quicken Development team this evening I mentioned this issue with the button disappearing from Account Details when the Planning tab is hidden. They immediately understood that even if one does not use Tax Planner (in the Planning tab) the Tax Schedule button still needs to be present for the Tax Reports and perhaps some other features. They also said that the change to make sure the Tax Schedule button is always present is an easy fix for them so hopefully this will be implemented fairly soon.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Boatnmaniac that is great news. Sometimes the "great ideas" that people have to "hide not needed information" just doesn't pan out right. 😉

Signature:
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options

Yes, that's true. It was interesting to be told that they did not know that hiding the Planning tab would hide the Tax Schedule button, just like many of we long-term users were not aware of that. I am actually surprised that this wasn't elevated a long time ago as an issue. I did find a few posts about it from a few years ago but once it was determined that displaying the Planning tab resolved the issue the discussions just stopped. Anyway, the team I was talking with was led by the QWin Product Manager so when she confirmed with an engineer that "this is an easy fix" it gives me some confidence that it will be fixed relatively soon.

This discussion has been closed.