Citicards direct connect no longer working?

Options
qrad
qrad Member ✭✭✭

I was prompted to re authorize my CitiCards quicken account, now says Express Web Connect instead of Direct Connect.

Did Citibank kill off Direct Connect for CitiCards? (they did that for other accounts previously)

Answers

• spalt
    spalt Windows Beta Beta
    Options

You are actually lucky. Mine's working, it had me reconnect my account, but then downloaded 119 old transactions, none of which matched. Now I need to go delete 119 duplicates. 🙄

• qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 20
    Options

Is it working via Express web connnect instead of Direct Connect? Slower to download, but, more importantly, items show up a day or more later, rather than almost immediately with DC. It says so at the top of the register, as part of "last download" date and time…

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I got an email last week or the week before (posted here but didn't see any responses). Yes, Quicken/Citi are converting to the "new/better" way which is EWS+ instead of Direct Connection.

• qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 20
    Options

[Removed - Rant]

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

Direct Connect should still be supported. If you were on Direct Connect and switched over to Express Web Connect +, have you tried making a backup of your file and switching back to Direct Connect?

I look forward to your replies!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

when connecting to citicards now, it forces you to re authorize and moves you to EWC. you cannot connect to DC. I didn't choose to switch, it initiated the change on one step update.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @qrad,

What prompt are you getting that is forcing you to switch? Are you able to include a screenshot of that prompt (with any personal information redacted)?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

• qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

this first (left) …. then this

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Do you have other accounts with Citi that are in your Quicken? The screenshot you provided shows that Quicken is seeing accounts connected to Citibank that need reauthorization. If you have credit cards with Citi that were connected by Direct Connect, they should be connected via Citi Cards (which is a separate connection option when adding an account).

When going through the reauthorization process, if the credit card account(s) is under the same User ID as the other accounts you're having to migrate, you may see them as an option on the add/link screen, but you'd be able to change the Action to Don't add to Quicken so that you're not changing how the account(s) is connected.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

the savings and credit card accounts are under same ID. I saw no options to choose direct connect, and the option to not link the credit card is too late. I tried reset account, no difference. If direct connect is an option, how to I get that?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@qrad from your screenshots it looks like you were using Express Web Connect for the Citi credit card, not Direct Connect, and that is why it switched and why you can't see Direct Connect.

Both Citibank and Citi Cards use the same username and password. That isn't the problem. The problem is that you have to use Citi Cards to even get the option for Direct Connect. This only applies to credit cards. For regular banking accounts you have to use Citibank and Express Web Connect +.

To switch the credit card account to Direct Connect you will need to deactivate it for downloading of transactions on the Account Details → Online Services tab, and then use File → Add Account, and select "Citi Cards", and go into the Advanced settings to select Direct Connect.

You will also need to approve using this at this URL: https://online.citi.com/US/ag/ofxConsentPage

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20
    Options

It isn't working for many people (including me) today 1/20/24 @Chris_QPW . Either QWin or Citi or both are having issues.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hmm what kind of errors? I'm not getting any errors, but I also don't currently have any transactions to download.

Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

But more directly for the first comment I made, I would like to see a screenshot of @qrad 's Account Details because I think he/she will find that account is setup for Citibank, not Citi Cards.

Signature:
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

Disconnect your Citi card and attempt to reconnect it. I dare you. This is all discussed in other threads.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Disconnect your Citi card and attempt to reconnect it. I dare you. This is all discussed in other threads.

Not a chance! 🤣

But I am trying a setup of it in a new data file.

Signature:
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

My Citi Mastercard has been Citi Cards, not Citi Bank, DC since the dawn of time. I know this because attempting to reconnect it downloaded 9000 transactions as early as 2002, which must be the dawn of time.

It now insists on being EWC+. See other threads. Trying DC hangs QWin.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I tried it in another data file, and yes, I agree it is trying to set it up as Express Web Connect +. This is definitely a bug in Quicken. Note that the fidir.txt file hasn't changed, and the prompts are all correct up until the point where it would normally log in for Direct Connect, but instead it goes into the reauthorization process/blank web page for Express Web Connect +.

Sorry, folks I was just behind the curve on this one and didn't get into all the threads on it before posting here.

Signature:
  • qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My CC account had been Citicards, used direct connect, seperate from the Citibank EWC connection that checking used for a long while (after they killed DC from that).

But the instructions to login and re authorize today changed it to Citibank and EWC.

I can't change it back… is there an issue disconnecting it and reconnecting again as above? Sounds like I might not wish to try? I did try "reset', but no change there.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Signature:
  • qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

since I reauthorized already, and am connecting via ewc, , can I roll back to 53.32 and get to direct connect?? if so, how? (delete connection? )

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

To go back to R53.32 you just install that patch. You can get it from this page (under December):

https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has

Past that the first thing I would look at is the Account Details and see for sure if you have Citibank/Express Web Connect or Citi Cards/Direct Connect. If you are already on Citi Cards/Direct Connect it might just start working.

If you got changed to Express Web Connect, go to the Online Services tab and deactivate it for downloading.

Then use File → Add Account → type in Citi Cards → Advanced Options → Next → You should get the option for Direct Connect → and then you should get the correct login for Direct Connect (see other thread for what it looks like)

And then this other comment above should all apply:

Signature:
  • qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 20
    Options

Thanks Chris,

I downloaded and installed R53.32. It still said citibank and EWC for the CC account.

I deactivated the online services. Then added the connection again, carefully choosing "Direct Connect" in the advanced tab. It had me authorize again for all accounts on Citi web site, then I was able to link the accounts again. After a while, it finished, and the Online Services tab now says "Financial Institution: Citi Cards" again, BUT STILL SAYS "EXPRESS WEB CONNECT+". Closed Quicken, restarted, no change.

I tried it again, this time skipping accepting the links.. but that just skipped adding online access for that account, so one more time authorizing and linking all, and still EWC+.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It had me authorize again for all accounts on Citi web site, 

This is wrong. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you have other Citibank accounts. I only have the Citi Costco Anywhere credit card.

I just tried it leaving my credit card which is Direct Connect alone and then went through it as if I had another account and unfortunately, I see the same thing where it just leads me to the Express Web Connect + reauthorization.

So, more is going on here I just got fooled into believing it was the version of Quicken.

At this point I'm not sure what triggered it to be right in one case and wrong in another.

I will keep looking to see if I can find it, but most likely this just something Quicken Inc and Citi are going to have to work out.

Probably the best thing to do is export/import the Web Connect/QFX file if you can't get transactions through Express Web Connect +.

Signature:
  • qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks… I can get my transactions via EWC.. that does work, just way slower to download and its always a day behind, (and is often subject to problems connecting) as opposed to DC where it's almost current. So I'd much rather use DC, but can live with EWC+.

• qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I also tried just deactivating and re adding just the one CC account, no change (still re authorized, re linked, still EWC+)

• JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Geesh, here we go again. I am also having problems with Citi cards downloads since R54.9 update that I went through today. Having issues with Amex and Chase too. Unable to download any of the transactions since my last time on Jan 13th. I've had to go to the different web sites and download QFX files to download/import into Quicken to get the latest transactions loaded. Seems like we are going further backwards to the original DOS versions of manually entering transactions. 😕

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21
    Options

I am not having any problems with Direct Connect to Citicard (fingers crossed). So whatever this is, it's not affecting everyone.

Isn't there a connection configuration file that Quicken will rebuild if deleted? I've had to do that in the past to get Last Update to display correctly in some of the EWC+ account registers. Is it worth seeing if deleting might fix the connection?

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited January 23
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached, the names of the affected accounts, as they show in your Quicken, and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-8802)

Quicken Kristina

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@leishirsute and anyone else that still has a working Direct Connect/Citi Cards connection, take this advise:

I only have the one Citi Costco Anywhere account and in my main account it is setup for Citi Cards/Direct Connect.

This is still working fine. What I have seen is for whatever reason if one goes to setup a new account, or "reauthorize" other accounts, instead of putting up the proper Direct Connect login dialog Quicken is putting up the reauthorization/Express Web Connect + dialog.

In a different data file, I hit that, then I tried downgrading the Quicken version and got the right login screen, so I thought it was that. Then on a retest it put up the wrong dialog again. So, somehow, I "got lucky" and can't really suggest a fix for anyone that is actually in the process of adding account/resetting/reauthorizing/changing to Express Web Connect +. The version of Quicken doesn't seem to be "the key".

Bottom line is: If you have a working Citi Cards/Direct Connect connection working leave it alone.!

Signature:
This discussion has been closed.