Apple Savings QFX import stopped working (Windows only)

Options
drs
drs Member ✭✭

I am running Quicken Classic Business & Personal ver. R54.16 (Build 27.1.54.16). I had previously imported the QFX files for my Apple Savings account from May - Sept. 2023. Today, I went to import Oct - Dec, and I'm receiving an error: Quicken is unable to complete your request. [OL-221-A]

These files used to import into Quicken for Windows, and they still import just fine into Quicken for Mac. I see several prior discussion on this forum that were closed but unresolved. For me, this used to work on Windows, and it no longer does.

The Quicken support documentation says: "Receiving this error when downloading a QFX file directly from your bank's website indicates an issue with the file itself. You will need to contact your bank to resolve this issue."

This is not helpful because it works on Mac, and it used to work on Windows. How can I and the other people having this issue import these files into Quicken for Windows? Thanks.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited January 30
    Options

Hello @drs,

Since you are receiving this error when attempting to import a QFX file downloaded from the financial institution's website, you will still need to contact the financial institution directly for assistance, even if the error only occurs on Windows. As stated at the bottom of this support article regarding error OL-221:

"Web Connect (Importing a QFX file from your bank's website) - Receiving this error when downloading a QFX file directly from your bank's website indicates an issue with the file itself. You will need to contact your bank to resolve this issue."

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• drs
    drs Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi, Quicken Anja — I'm guessing either you're an AI bot or you didn't bother to read my post. You'll note I actually quoted from the support article you linked. Are there any humans out there?

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited January 30
    Options

Thank you for your response.

No, I am not a bot, I’m a person, and I assure you, I read your post in full. As stated previously, you will still need to contact the financial institution even if it only occurs on Windows as the QFX file is created and provided directly by the financial institution.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• drs
    drs Member ✭✭
    Options

So, you're telling me that even though the bank's QFX files work with Quicken for Mac, but not for Quicken for Windows, that the problem is with the bank? What would I even ask the bank for — a Windows-formatted file?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken for Mac might be more torrent of a syntax error in the QFX file. That doesn't make it right, and the Quicken Windows developers are probably not going to change their QFX parse for it.

If you select Help → Contact Support → Log Files → Connection Log, that log file should have an error message in it that says that it thinks the error is.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • urmaspimp
    urmaspimp Member
    edited February 3
    Options

I am having the same issue with John Hancock. Never had it until now. [Removed - Speculation/No Soliciting]

This discussion has been closed.