Balances and reconciling are broken with latest update (Q Mac)

Options
tribbiani
tribbiani Member ✭✭

Ever since the latest update (I'm on Version 7.5.2, Build 705.51955.100), I FREQUENTLY cannot reconcile accounts as there are either a) transactions not being downloaded (random ones) or b) the online balance is wrong (and off by random amounts).

Looks like there are others reporting similar issues? Is there an ETA for a fix? This is a pretty problematic issue as it affects normal every-day/week Quicken use.

Dushan

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

If you're having problems with the connection to your bank you need to say which banks you're having an issue with. There's never an ETA for a fix, though - they don't announce anything until after it's fixed.

The only thing you can do as a workaround is to try a different connection method. If you're using Quicken Connect, try Direct Connect if it's available, otherwise try downloading a Quicken file from the bank's web site & importing that. If no other connection method is available, you might have to start entering transactions by hand until the problem is fixed.

If the online balance is incorrect, reconcile to the balance on your monthly statement. IMO you should be doing that anyway.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Jon10
    Jon10 Member ✭✭
    Options

Having the same issue here for the past week or so. Running the same build: Version 7.5.2 (Build 705.51955.100)

Bank here is Cornerstone Bank MA.

One of the checking accounts isn't downloading some transactions from last week, it's like it missed a day or two and refuses to pull them in now (it is pulling in more recent transactions though).

The other checking account keeps telling me the online balance is what it was last week - but it did download all transactions in that account.

• Bwanapayne
    Bwanapayne Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue After the last update Version 7.5.2 (Build 705.51955.100) Mac version.

I cannot reconcile one of my accounts (the main one) I do not use online reconciliation I do it manually, but all I see when I click reconcile is no transactions at all to check off.

• tribbiani
    tribbiani Member ✭✭
    edited February 1
    Options

It seems like it's tossing out transactions with same amounts that have been downloaded in the last week or so? Every one that has been skipped on my end had one with the same out (different payee) in the last 1-2 weeks.

But it's def broken. Unfortunate not to have any update from Quicken folks.

• worden
    worden Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem with just Discover transactions that are the same amount. Chase is okay, but I don't have repeated amounts. Please fix this. Been going on several weeks.

• RLR54
    RLR54 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue. Chase Visa & Capital One Visa. Thanks for the diagnosis. I verified. Capital One — Single missing transaction for Starbucks $15 reload 2 days apart and $20 reload 7 days apart. Chase single missing transaction for Egg McMuffin $4.55 11 days apart. When I have to make a manual entry I put *** Manual Entry *** in the memo for record keeping purposes.

• MackSmith
    MackSmith Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue. Not all transactions are being pulled in when performing an account update within the app. Until this is resolved, I did an account update and then downloaded my transactions from the bank. After spending time cleaning up all of my transactions since January 1, I can reconcile my accounts and the amount matches. PLEASE FIX THIS!!

Bank: Credit Union of America

Quicken Version: 7.5.2 (Build 705.51955.100) macOS 14.1.2

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited February 13
    Options

Hello All,

Missing transactions and transactions not downloading is a known issue for some of the financial institutions you have mentioned. Please use these links to view the applicable Community Alerts: Chase Missing TransactionsBank of America Missing Transactions (EWC+)American Express Missing TransactionsCapital One Missing TransactionsUS Bank Missing Transactions, and USAA Missing Transactions. If the financial institution(s) that aren't downloading or are missing transactions are listed in these alerts, then please follow the troubleshooting listed in the alert and reach out to Quicken Support directly for assistance if the issue persists.

If the financial institution(s) you're encountering this issue with is not listed above, we recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly to report the issue since there is specific information and screenshots our teams will need in order to investigate the issue. If that is not a viable option, then please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with the following information:

1. Specific transactions that are posted on the financial institution side, but are not in your Quicken.
    2. A screenshot of the financial institution website, showing the specific transactions (it's okay to redact personal information so long as the screenshot shows those transactions and that they're posted)
    3. A screenshot of the Quicken register, showing that those transactions are not there (it's okay to redact personal information so long as the screenshot shows that those transactions are not in your Quicken register).
    4. The names of the affected accounts as they show on the financial institution side and as they show in Quicken.
    5. The log files (usually pre-selected when you create a Problem Report).
    6. If you are willing, a sanitized copy of your data file.

Please note that there is a 10 attachment limit when submitting a problem report. If you need to send more than 10 attachments, you can do so by sending a 2nd problem report with the remaining attachments.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

(CTP-9041)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RLR54
    RLR54 Member ✭✭
    Options

Do you know the date of this version / build? I download daily so I would have received the update within 24 hours of being available.

• Lou lou
    Lou lou Member
    Options

I am having the same issue with downloads from Chase account checking and credit cards. This is very frustrating as it worked fine before the last Quicken update: Version 7.5.2 (Build 705.51955.100).

• nedguy
    nedguy Member ✭✭
    Options

Seems like this is a new problem that just started happening at the end of January with the latest Quicken for Mac update. It's not the same one that Quicken references above in Quicken for Windows from late 2023. I'm with Chase bank and recently found that it is not downloading transactions with the same amount/payee that happened within a few days of each other, seems to be broken in the latest update. What a mess, they break more than they fix in a new release. This last one was particularly bad, also having trouble with how split transfer transactions are recorded.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's not the same one that Quicken references above in Quicken for Windows from late 2023. 

There are very new Quicken Windows threads with people having the same problem, missing transactions when the transaction is the same as one within a few days. And it isn't restricted to a given financial institution. The only common factor seems to be the connection method. Quicken Connect in Quicken Mac and Express Web Connect + in Quicken Windows (which are basically the same kind of connection method in the server domain).

This has to be either a Quicken server or Intuit server problem.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • RLR54
    RLR54 Member ✭✭
    Options

I eat out everyday sometimes twice a day and I buy the same items most days. This means lots of repeating transaction amounts on my Chase cc. This means lots of entries that Quicken is failing to make. I have to check Chase site daily then make *** Manual Entry *** then manually reconcile. The following is five consecutive posting dates (not transaction dates), 6 dropped transactions, all duplicate amounts. Please fix this.

• r_g_thomas
    r_g_thomas Member
    edited February 16
    Options

I am missing downloadable transactions from the Hudson Valley Credit Union. This started after the latest "upgrade" several weeks ago. This cannot be the financial institutes fault. I have never had a problem before this latest release.

[Merged Post]

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    edited February 19
    Options

Same problem (?) with NASA FCU (ewc, not ewc+). 6 transactions should have downloaded for 2/18/2024, only 4 did. I did "Report a Problem" and will do this again with Camden National Bank tomorrow once I get better screenshots.

I dont do Mobile & Web, no autoaccept or rename. Started late January, been having to manually key in transactions to reconcile. I was hoping it would just get fixed automagically but after going on for weeks thought I should post.

[Edited - Removed Personal Information]

wags Glad to be here!

• studpup
    Options

Citibank (ewc+) downloaded 4 transactions when the website shows 7. Sent "Report problem to quicken" since Citibank isn't on QuickenKristina's list above.

Windows 11 - Quicken 21.1.54.16 I see this is the MAC forum, but this might be a problem affecting both platforms?

wags Glad to be here!

• allyw
    allyw Member ✭✭
    Options

I’ve been having this problem for weeks with TD Bank, Discover, and now with Capital One as well. I’ve called Quicken customer support twice and their troubleshooting has not fixed it. At first it seemed to be only affecting transactions with Quickfill rules, but now it’s starting to affect other transactions as well. Version 7.5.2 (Build 705.51955.100)

• gener15
    gener15 Member
    Options

Been having this issue for a few weeks (sometime after January 26), I started another thread last week in this sub-category.

Chase and American Express affected, Citibank OK (so far).

Version 7.5.2 (Build 705.51955.100)

• James Frank
    James Frank Member
    Options

I have this problem with Capital One and it also seems to have started recently. Quicken Mac Version 7.5.2 (Build 705.51955.100). It's driving me bonkers. It seems to happen most often with small value transactions and particularly with ones that are repeating or where multiple transactions have the same value.

The fix instructions indicate re-linking with banks, but given how many banks there are reporting this, it feels like a Quicken problem, not a bank problem.

• studpup
    Options

It looks like the problem for me started around 1/31/2024 and continues 3/20/2024. I see the transactions on the websites, doesn't matter if I use Direct Connect or download the .qfx file manually. I see the transactions in the OFX log file, they just don't come into the Downloaded Transactions. I see this happen almost daily for Camden, NASA FCU, and CitiCards.

<STMTTRN>
    <TRNTYPE>POS
    <DTPOSTED>20240320120000
    <TRNAMT>-1.12
    <FITID>3033E8DF54EE1552321C279C05868E5C
    <NAME>WAWA 5101 DBT CRD 1823 03/19/24
    <MEMO>WAWA 5101 DBT CRD 1823 03/19/24 42041133 ORLANDO FL C#
    </STMTTRN>

wags Glad to be here!

This discussion has been closed.