How do I add TD Waterhouse investing account to Quicken?

Options
raddar
raddar Member ✭✭

I went to "add accounts". Found TD Waterhouse Canada Inc. but when I select it the next windows tells me I am now setting up a manual account?!? What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @raddar,

In order for a financial institution to support downloads to Quicken and to be added to our bank list, the request to be added would need to be made and submitted by the financial institution to our service providers. If you want Quicken to be supported, you will need to contact your financial institution directly and tell them you'd like to download your accounts into Quicken.

I hope this information serves to be useful to you!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• raddar
    raddar Member ✭✭
    Options

TD Webbroker has always supported direct downloads. I just don't seem to be able to get it set up correctly :(

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Download of investment transactions from TD Waterhouse (Canada) is supported only for Web Connect; it is not supported for Express Web Connect. Hence, there is no "set up" in Quicken - you initiate it from the financial institution's online banking site/portal.

See this excerpt from the FIDIR.TXT (Canadian):

03349 03349 03349 TD Waterhouse Canada Inc. https://webbroker.td.com/ 1-800-465-5463 https://wb.authentication.td.com/uap-ui/index.html?consumer=webbroker&locale=en_CA#/index ACTIVE INVESTMENT&WEB-CONNECT NOT_QBP NA

• raddar
    raddar Member ✭✭
    Options

I found where I can download the investment transactions but only CSV format. I cannot seem to import this CSV into quicken as it only seems to support holding file not a transaction file from my investments at TD. What am I missing?

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't use TD Waterhouse, so I don't have specific knowledge; however, it is odd/interesting that you cannot download the transactions in QFX format because the FIDIR.TXT indicates that doing so is supported. If you are stuck with CSV, you might be able to use Quicken Pearl Wizard's utilities to convert the CSV files to QFX files that can be imported into Quicken.

• raddar
    raddar Member ✭✭
    Options

None of the previous articles actually have a solution to this. Quite disappointing…

This discussion has been closed.