American Express Not Downloading Transactions

Options

I've switched over to the new EWC+ method for American Express, have authorized, deactivated, reactivated, and everything else I can think of, but Quicken will not download any new transactions from American Express.

I don't get any error messages.

The OneStep Update shows the accounts selected to download, but they do not appear in the OneStep Update Summary.

Manually updating one account shows the same results with the Summary being blank. Even the Connection Log is blank for this session:
==== Mini-OSU Start (20231220/08:22:25) ====

==== Mini-OSU End (20231220/08:23:36) ====

What else can I try??

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello @Westley,

We do currently have an active alert regarding missing transactions with American Express. You may follow this link to access the alert where you may bookmark it for all future updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Moirty
    Moirty Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Well, Jasmine, I have not had a successful transaction download from American Express, one of the world's largest credit card companies, since July. It would be nice if Quicken would put a bit of priority on fixing this. Manual entries are not tolerable.

-Moirty

• 30AGuy
    30AGuy Member
    Options

Update please. It seems the problem has persisted for more than a month with very little additional info available in the past 30 days.

It's not like AmEx is a tiny company used by just a few. It's the 4th largest card network worldwide with 2023 stats of 150mm cards and 2 trillion in purchase volume handled by its network.

• Glennden
    Glennden Member ✭✭
    Options

I haven't been able to download a single Amex transaction into Quicken for nearly 3 months - and it's been a month and a half since Quicken Jasmine said it was a known issue that Quicken was working on.

Is there any update? Quicken - which used to be incredibly reliable - is leaving a lot of Amex users dangling.

• Dave335
    Dave335 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Mine was fine up until mid to late December 2023 and now can't down download. I connects like normal but just comes up blank after it finishes. Frustrating.

• Westley
    Westley Member ✭✭✭
    Options

And, just got the email today, they are going to ruin Citibank within the next month.

Just once I'd like to see all my accounts download correctly on the same day. Heck, I'll even take the same week. 😣

• Westley
    Westley Member ✭✭✭
    Options

As it turns out, depending upon the type of card you have with CitiBank, you may be able to do a Direct Connection rather than the ExpressWeb which is broken half the time. I think Quicken needs to find a better partner than Intuit since it is Intuit that is handling the connections to bank web sites.

Someone should tell CEO Eric Dunn that we don't need new logos or other graphics. What we need is consistent downloads from our banks, otherwise, really don't need Quicken at over $100/year. An Excel spreadsheet will do just as well if I have to do everything by hand anyway.

• Moirty
    Moirty Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Very frustrating. I've downloaded from American Express for ~20 years. Now Quicken can't get it to work in more than 6 months. Ugh!

• Dave335
    Dave335 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

2/5/24 - I reset American Express Credit Card account on-line connection today and it said downloading 255 days worth of transactions but nothing came over.  When I checked it at the end the balance was off -33.92 so I checked the starting balance and it was -33.92 instead of zero.  Quicken must have changed the starting balance during the downloading attempt.  I went and changed it back to zero.  I then changed the account type to personal setting (instead of business as it was) and ran the update and 4 transactions came over!!!  I went into my CapOne accounts and did the exact same thing and I was able to download the recent transactions there too!  I hope all is good now.

• Westley
    Westley Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina
    I followed the steps you posted here:

It still doesn't work. 😒

• jeffreyberk
    jeffreyberk Member
    Options

There is no info re downloading Amex Business Checking on Quicken for Mac so I'm posting here. I've been using Quicken since 2004 (!!) and may not renew May 2, 2024 because of this. Plenty of Quicken alternatives out there now. This may be the straw that broke my back! Simple question: Will I be able to download transactions on Quicken for Mac from American Express Business Checking? If the answer is no, I will not be renewing my subscription. Not happy with Quicken seeing this comment chain and more and more problems have been cropping up in the last year with this product. My email is jb at jeffreyberk dot com if anyone has any private thoughts. I have looked up Amex Biz Checking on other Quicken comment chains and they are all CLOSED for some reason I don't understand.

This discussion has been closed.