Quicken for ipad

Options

would love to have Quicken for iPad. Is it in the future?

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

if you are looking for an APP - you can try the Quicken Mobile App that syncs with your desktop Quicken software

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

There is a companion Quicken app for iPad. However, it's a companion only. You still need to run the desktop app. It doesn't have all the desktop functionality nor all the data. You can use it for some but not all tasks, such as data entry while you're away from your desktop.

If you want an app that stores all the data online and can be use strictly from the iPad, you may want to look at Quicken's product Simplifi.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Debbiereno
    Debbiereno Member
    Options

thank you for sharing this.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Just a quick note that there is no data migration path from desktop Quicken (now branded as Quicken Classic) to Quicken Simplifi; you'd have to start from scratch to use Quicken Simplifi.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Duba
    Duba Member ✭✭
    Options

I would give up my desktop if I could get full quicken on ipad. I vote for this (but couldn’t find out where to go to vote; hence I am leaving my comment here.

• Matjaz
    Matjaz Member
    Options

Me too. I use quicken since forever and love the desktop version on Mac, but the lack of a iPad version is killing me as I'm big iPad user. Companion App is just not built for iPad. Looks horrible and lacks features. At least if web version would match desktop features then I would use that one, but it is somewhere in the middle and useless.. Web app has been around for years and hasn't improved much.

• jacobs
    Options

Quicken Classic is built as a desktop computer program. It's likely that some of the underlying software tools in macOS which Quicken Mac utilizes are not available to the developers on iPadOS. Even if they could get it running on iPadOS, they'd need to make a lot of user interface changes to be ideal for a finger-based interface rather than a mouse/touchpad-based interface. There are a number of places in Quicken Mac with small widgets or controls which would really need to be redesigned because pointing with a finger is less precise than pointing with a mouse.

Since there is the mobile app and the web interface (both companions to but not replacements for the desktop application) and also the separate online-only Simplifi, I think it's unlikely the developers will spend the time it would take to also build an iPadOS — and Android — version specifically to run on tablets.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

hum, they make wireless keyboards and mice for iPad……

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• jacobs
    Options

hum, they make wireless keyboards and mice for iPad…

And wireless styluses, too. But you can't design consumer software assuming people will have those hardware add-on tools which only a fraction of tablet users do.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I Don't think people really realize that unless from the start you design to have a compatible GUI the desktop GUIs and the mobile ones are completely different. It isn't a given that you can just swap out a little bit of code and be able to run on the different operating systems.

I'm working project that has an interesting twist to this kind of story. The project from the day one had a design goal of running on Windows Android and possibly iOS as such the GUI library was picked for that. And then in an ironic twist the back end code was done in c++ on Windows and then dumped for Java on Android. There are so many ways that is easy to get locked in to one operating system or another even without realizing it.

And when Intuit started to rewrite of Quicken Mac they clearly didn't have any kind of design that they were going to put things on the mobile and that made perfect sense back then.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • ksboynky
    ksboynky Member
    Options

I too, would like to have a stand alone app for ipad, Quicken is the ONLY reason I still have a PC and I really want to get rid of it.