Mobile App V7.0.0

Options
Matt70
Matt70 Member ✭✭

Unable to add or modify transactions. App just freezes and you have to close it down will not sync either

Comments

• Matt70
    Matt70 Member ✭✭
    Options

Been told by Quicken help team that there is a known issue with the App

• Andrew L
    Andrew L Member ✭✭
    Options

from iPhone (iOS17.3.1), Quicken Classic now freezes whenever I try to save a new manually entered transaction.

• Andrew L
    Andrew L Member ✭✭
    Options

(iPhone 13 mini)

• Matt70
    Matt70 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Snap.. Been on chat with Quicken help for hours trying to resolve only to be told that they are aware of issues with the latest version 7.0.0. Hopefully won’t take them long to respond

• GordW
    GordW Member
    Options

Same here. But I found a workaround. If I sign out and sign back in, the transactions will be recorded properly. If I close the app, and re-open it freezes again. The only way is to sign out before closing the app and sign in again when I start the app. Painful, yes, but it works.

I sure hope this is resolved quickly.

• floydfan
    floydfan Member ✭✭
    edited February 16
    Options

[Removed - Rant/Disruptive] I rely heavily on the mobile app for recording and tracking transactions, and clearly this new version is broken. This, on top of In the past 6 months half of my credit cards no longer sync with Quicken [Removed - Rant]. A working mobile app is an absolute must. [Removed - Rant]

• Matt70
    Matt70 Member ✭✭
    Options

yes I found this to be the only solution too

• BJLinAZ
    BJLinAZ Member
    Options

Once the newest iOS mobile update (7.0.0) is installed, the app will sync to the cloud ONLY on the first time the app is signed into. After than, if the app is simply closed and then re-opened (without signing out, and then signing back in) it will not sync to the cloud! No new transactions can be entered using the app, previous transactions cannot be updated, etc.

• BJLinAZ
    BJLinAZ Member
    edited February 16
    Options

{screenshot from Apple app store of recent update releases)

• Matt70
    Matt70 Member ✭✭
    Options

they just need to roll back to the previous version

• BJLinAZ
    BJLinAZ Member
    Options

similar to Matt70 above, I was also informed by customer support phone rep at Quicken this morning that their engineers are now aware of this flaw, and are working to remedy it

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Add me to the list having the same issue and solution. As noted above, if you close the app the freeze issue returns unless you sign out and back in. Rinse and repeat.

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I also note that I tried (a) resetting my cloud in Quicken desktop and (b) deleting and reinstalling the mobile app. Neither fixed the mobile app freezing issue noted in this thread.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited February 16
    Options

Hello All,

We will be forwarding this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if you could, we ask that you please provide screenshots in order to contribute to the investigation.

Also, if you can reply to this thread with what iOS or Android version you're currently using, that will also help narrow down this issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Matt70
    Matt70 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am using iOS 17.3.1

• sduck
    sduck Member ✭✭
    edited February 16
    Options

Screen shot? Sure! [Removed - Speculation/Rant]

While you're at it, consider moving the save button off of the very bottom of the screen, as per apple guidelines - all recent iphones use the bottom of the screen for closing the app and other system level type stuff.

Presumably we'll have the fixed version today at the latest. At least roll back to a functional version if you can't actually fix it.

• BJLinAZ
    BJLinAZ Member
    Options

I'm using iOS 17.3.1

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Thank you for the screenshot and providing the iOS version.

We have been able to replicate this issue internally and it has been forwarded to the proper channels for further investigation, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• BJLinAZ
    BJLinAZ Member
    Options

I see that a software update just became available in the iOS App Store. I assume this will address the bug we have been discussing?

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Yes, the new Mobile app release 7.0.1 is put in place as a fix for the current issues reported under 7.0.0.

Let us know if you still experience any further issues! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Matt70
    Matt70 Member ✭✭
    Options

thanks for the speedy fix Quicken

• floydfan
    floydfan Member ✭✭
    Options

Still having issues with 7.0.1 but not as bad as 7.0. I am on the latest version of iOS (17.3.1). 7.0.1 crashes often, logs me out, typing in info and amounts drags, etc. I'm also seeing duplicates of transactions, but for whatever reason it does not affect the account balance and the duplicates disappear after a time. But at least it lets me enter transactions, which it could not do in 7.0.

If you guys could investigate further that would be great. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.