cc-501 ally

Options

I'm surprised by the lack of response to the posted cc-501 issues, particularly with ally. I've been waiting close to two weeks (patiently til now). I've updated. Just keep getting the same error. What's frustrating the most is the cookie-cutter auto-responses in the application itself as well as responses to posts here. It's also frustrating to say "if it takes longer than 24 hours" (as it has in almost everyone's case) "contact support". But support is closed. I've sent multiple reports of the problem with logs. Give me a real response, please. I used to be more understanding with these types of issues, but as the yearly subscription price continues to increase I think the level of support should increase as well. Losing the online banking features basically reverts Quicken to a spreadsheet.

Comments

• haroldwolf
    haroldwolf Member
    Options

I discovered the same issue on Feb. 18. I waited several days as recommended and still have the same issue.

• markber1
    markber1 Member ✭✭
    Options

Anything? Anyone? How is this "help"?

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited February 23
    Options

Hello @markber1,

This error is usually caused on the bank’s end and means that the Quicken server is being blocked from connecting to the account. Typically these errors self-resolve within 24 hours. If you haven't already, we recommend reviewing this support article for more information.

As stated in the article, if the error persists for more than 24 hours, then you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. The reason for this is that our support agents will need to collect and review your log files, and will likely need to file an escalation if they see fit which cannot be done from here in the Community.

Also, please note that the Community forum is primarily user-to-user based, and that there is only a handful of us moderators. Therefore, responses may not always be provided by a Quicken employee or as immediate as they would be when contacting support directly.

Customer Support Team phone hours of operation are from 5 am - 5 pm PDT Monday-Friday.
    Chat Support is available 7 days a week from 5 am to 5 pm PDT.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• markber1
    markber1 Member ✭✭
    edited February 24
    Options

[Removed - Rant/Speculation/Off Topic]

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Ally bank has been working fine for me.

I would suggest, edit EVERY Ally account and disable online access.

Exit and restart Quicken.

Go to any Ally Account and try to set online access again.

• markber1
    markber1 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi miklk, done that. thanks though.

• markber1
    markber1 Member ✭✭
    Options

Q support did a series of troubleshooting steps, including sign out/ sign back in for the cloud ID for the data file, as well as supervalidate the file. all failed. escalation to tier 2. I can't spend anymore time on this now, so will update once I pick back up.

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

When you feel like it, next step I would do is make a copy/template.

That will disconnect all online accounts requiring setting them all up but also will give you a new fikeid and new dataset so that should avoid whatever us wrong.

• markber1
    markber1 Member ✭✭
    Options

abra-ca-freaking-dabra. Thanks @miklk , the copy/template worked.

• markber1
    markber1 Member ✭✭
    edited February 26
    Options

spoke too soon. Now the Ally online services work. but amex and wf do not. credential errors. (false). This cannot be a bank problem, it has to be Quicken. Can't win.

[Off Topic Posts Were Moved to a new Discussion]

This discussion has been closed.