Quicken downloading some but not all transactions QWin

Options

Comments

• CKelly
    CKelly Member ✭✭
    Options

Also, I've tried to contact Quicken via their Chat function, and it just sends me a message to click on canned troubleshooting instructions. I've been downloading from BoA for years and know how to use the function. To be clear, the transactions show as cleared (not pending) on BoA, but are just missed in the download so my balances don't match until I find the missed transactions and manually enter them.in my Quicken register.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you sure you started the chat. I know that page works "hard to push" either their "knowledge documents" or this forum.

The Chat/real support is near the bottom of the page. I think this link will take you more directly to it:

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • kay1197
    kay1197 Member
    Options

I'm having BIG problems importing all of a sudden from Citi. I have two credit cards there. All of a sudden a new "bank" was added in Quicken that says "Line of Credit at Citibank." I don't have a line of credit at Citi, and I was able to go back and import the files from one of the Citi cards.
    ***I will just note this, which is likely to be simplistic and obvious. Before you try to export your entries, at least from Citi, you now have to click More Transactions to show all of them on the Citi page. If you don't do that, the only entries that get exported in the QFX files are the ones showing on the screen. Some idiot software developer was responsible for that mistake but this started about 6 months ago.

I'm catching up and see that I make the mistake in December of not clicking More Transactions before I exported the file and imported it into Quicken. I had to go back to Citi, click More Transactions, and download the QFX file again, which worked. Then I got all entries. Something much bigger is wrong but at this point I'm in the denial stage with the bigger issue. Also I have a Chase credit card to add. Frankly it took me 6 months to use it at all, and then when I realized that I would have to set it up in Quicken, I went back to my default Citi card in case I won't be able to set it up and import the QFX file.

I'm so with you. Quicken works best when it works but g_d forbid problems start up. I came to see if I was alone in new problems but I see that others are having the same issue all of a sudden. Frankly, just crossing my fingers. I hope I don't have to spend hours and hours on this.

• MishawakaKirk
    MishawakaKirk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

New error today, 2/22/24!

Clicking the fix button took me to various troubleshooting things to do… add account, reset, etc. However, it also said this 'could be a temporary server issue'…. so I bailed and did not Add Account again.

What fun… perhaps Quicken Support is working on something with Intuit and caused the temp server issue?

• lmacmil
    lmacmil Member ✭✭
    Options

I got that message recently in my troubleshooting attempts but I can't remember exactly what I was doing when I got it. Since everything seems to be working again now, I'm not messing with anything!

• cdennett
    cdennett Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Still not fixed. Today when I I did a OSU there was one missing transaction from my Chase Visa account. A transaction for the same amount at the same vendor happened last week. I had to manually enter it and mark it as cleared.

• Martin Leclerc
    Martin Leclerc Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue with a few missing transactions. Single bank, but 2 specific combinations of payee and amounts are not being picked up on OSU. Both are repeating transactions: a salary (inbound) and a small fee for an online provider. Classic Deluxe, R54.17 (Canada) 27.1.54.17

• loridow
    loridow Member ✭✭
    Options

There continues to be a mess in my Quicken! This morning another same dollar amount/same vendor transaction did not download from my American Express Account. Then in my Wells Fargo account, a deposit that had not appeared when it was deposited on 1/29/24 suddenly appeared today….almost a month later! This has reached a point with Quicken where this level of errors on a daily basis is unacceptable.

• lmacmil
    lmacmil Member ✭✭
    Options

Everyone having a problem with Quicken should be using the "report a problem" function within Quicken. There's no way of knowing if Quicken support is still looking at this thread. There has been nothing from them since the two responses right after I started this topic on January 23. The other thing that seemed to work for me was going to the "about us" page on quicken.com and sending a message to the office of the president. I got an email and then a call from Quicken support the next day and had several subsequent conversations and email exchanges after that. The problems I was having with 1st Source bank disappeared shortly after and Quicken has downloaded every cleared transaction since 2/15. I can't say for sure if my BOA credit card problem has been resolved because I don't use it very often.

Good luck to all!

• Snorkle
    Snorkle Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I will just add that I have had 2 transactions in my Chase credit card that were posted but not downloaded in the past two weeks. Yesterday they finally were downloaded.

• dchantry1
    dchantry1 Member
    Options

Reported Problem in detail today (with attached files):

"This problem has been going on for a month now and is all over the Quicken Community. As of today, 18 BofA transactions have failed to download to my Quicken Classic Deluxe Ver 7.5.2 on my Mac (macOS 14.2.1. I have deactivated and reactivitate the account in Quicken, and deactivated and reactivated the account at BofA, but the problem remains. It appears to only impact one of my two CC accounts at BofA, and neither of my 2 checking/savings accounts with BofA. It should be noted that the iimpacted CC account is by far the most active. The problem also has not impcted my Merrill brokerage accounts or my PNC Mortgage account. As the attached files indicate (and has been noted by many community comments), many of the missing transactions are for the same amount and merchant ($25.00 for Starbucks), or whole dollar amounts ($25.00, $50.00, and $5.00), many more are for various amounts and merchants. Not all of the transactions for particular merchant are missing. This has gone on way too long."

• Martin Leclerc
    Martin Leclerc Member ✭✭
    Options

Just an update on my February 23rd post: I opted for a "wait and see" approach for a few days: today (the 25th) transactions for the 22nd appeared, with the correct posting date (22nd). I expect a faster arrival: 3 days after posting is too long; but at least it eventually arrives…

• sCHUTZEE
    sCHUTZEE Member ✭✭
    edited February 27
    Options

Download is niot working for me for Chase, Amex or First National Bank of Long Island. With download not working Quicken is useless :-( It seems like Quicken doesn't care. Pperhaps I need to start looking for new financail software. [Removed - No Soliciting]

• sCHUTZEE
    sCHUTZEE Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken support has time to edit my post where I asked for suggestions [Removed - No Soliciting]

Perhaps they can put more effort into resolving the issues !!

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm wondering if you make an appointment with a car mechanic to fix your broken leg?

Signature:
  • David Wood
    David Wood Member
    Options

Same problem here on 2 different banks - 1 the Stanford Federal Credit Union checking account, the other a Chase Visa, each on a different Quicken file. I spoke with support via chat and they had me deactivate the one account, but with no help. They actually told it was the bank's fault and to try again on Monday. No joy!

• Martin Leclerc
    Martin Leclerc Member ✭✭
    Options

3rd update: in the last week, all transactions appeared in quicken within 24 hours of posting to the bank. We will never know if the delay was within the quicken data pipeline, or the bank's (the quicken feed is likely not connecting to the live data of the bank, but rather to some data warehouse). Anyway. Solved for now, for me.

• MishawakaKirk
    MishawakaKirk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Update for me --
    I too have noticed everything has downloaded correctly for the past few weeks. Banks, CC, Investment accounts; all appear to be working correctly.

As others have mentioned, it seems we will never know the root cause of our issues. Quicken program glitches, Intuit Servers.
    Primary reason I wish they were more transparent is, many of us did a fair amount of Troubleshooting. Is it / was it all wasted efforts on our part? If Quicken Support would acknowledge that a problem exists, and that it is on THEIR END, there would be no point in all the troubleshooting we all did… .thinking it was something on our end. And how many hours were wasted? And don’t forget the time spent working with Quicken Tech Support… only to have them say, they too were baffled!
    It's kind of like when the Internet is down… we troubleshoot, reboot routers, reboot computers, etc.. only to find out our ISP had an outage!

• loridow
    loridow Member ✭✭
    Options

This is unfortunately NOT fixed. I send troubleshooting logs every single day. Two transactions missing this morning from my Wells Fargo account that cleared the bank on 2/28/24.

• lmacmil
    lmacmil Member ✭✭
    Options

I have not missed a transaction in a couple weeks so I'm calling the problem fixed for me also. It is a shame that we never got an acknowledgement from Quicken that it was their issue and what they did to fix it. Based on others who have joined the thread since my original post, it seems like the problem has been fairly wide spread over a variety of financial institutions.

• JohnB4
    JohnB4 Member ✭✭
    Options

I attempted to download six months worth of transactions from my brokerage account. Only a small fraction of the transactions, all at the end of the time period, downloaded. I tried deleting those and doing another download, hoping to get all the transactions, but got the same result. There are too many transactions to enter manually. Any thoughts?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This isn't the missing transaction problem discussed in this thread. I suggest you look at this FAQ, and if it doesn't answer your question that you select New Post from the top of this website and post your own question:

Signature:
  • JohnB4
    JohnB4 Member ✭✭
    Options

The title of this discussion category is "Quicken downloading some but not all transactions", which is precisely my problem. But if you don't wish to assist me for some reason, I will seek help elsewhere.

• MishawakaKirk
    MishawakaKirk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

JohnB4,

I think what Chris_QPW is trying to tell you is a few things —

1. We on this thread were all having problems downloading Banking, Credit Card and Investment transactions that happened recently… in most cases within the last five days from the transaction download attempt. Quicken wasn't pulling anything current 'down', even though our Banks, CC and Investments, showed the transactions as completed and posted.
    2. Many of us did extensive troubleshooting with and without Quicken Support… and posted, quite clearly, the steps we went through. So idea number two is to just read backwards within this thread and try some of the ideas posted. That alone may solve your issue.

But how and why would you now want to download six-months worth of transactions? Have you not been downloading regularly? One time catch-up download?
    Read backwards, where I posted some troubleshooting under my screen name… something to do with File > create Copy > then there is a field to Back Date a month or so. Doing this sort of resolved my issue, but the download ONLY contained stuff from that date forward… all of my history was gone (it was a copied file, original file was fine)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The problem referenced in this thread is has only been going on since about the beginning of February. So, your need for 6 months implies that it is something else. And as such would be better served in a thread by itself. Mixing two different problems, especially in such a long thread as this one, is going to make both much more difficult to follow and solve.

The missing transactions in this thread references "duplicate amount transactions" so most transactions are being downloaded. And since it is known to be a problem on the servers, there is nothing the user can do to fix it. Until it is fixed the only workarounds are entering the transactions manually, or by downloading an importing a QFX file, which is exactly what that FAQ is about, if perchance you actually are talking about the same problem and need that information.

Signature:
  • JohnB4
    JohnB4 Member ✭✭
    Options

I entered my problem in the search field and this thread came up. The title seemed to fit my problem perfectly. I did skim the comments, didn't see anything that seemed to apply to my situation, so I submitted my question. The demands on my time get in the way of downloading in a timely fashion, if that is relevant. Didn't intend to disrupt your discussion, I will bow out gracefully.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

And I didn't mean to offend you, just trying to get you to the best possible way to solve your problem.

Signature:
  • QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@JohnB4 - depending on who your brokerage is, there are limits on how much data can be downloaded at once, or more likely, there is a maximum date range available, usually 3 months. Also keep in mind that once you download transactions and delete them, you probably won't be able download the transaction a second time because Quicken remembers what you have already downloaded but doesn't know you deleted the transactions.

If you want to confirm the maximum date range that transactions are available, you should contact your brokerage, if that information is not available on their website.

• Pedro504
    Pedro504 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 5
    Options

In this mornings download from Bank Of America there is another credit card transaction missing. Other transactions for this account downloaded correctly.

I Reset the account and hopefully in a few days the transaction will appear.

For now I entered a manual transaction so the balances match.

You Don't Have to Have a Point, To Have A Point

• dana.goldman
    dana.goldman Member ✭✭
    edited March 7
    Options

I am experiencing the same problems with American Express. I can download most transactions that posted, but certain payees do not reliably download. They tend to be repeat payees in my experience.

This problem has been going on for at least a month. It appears to miss a transaction every day or two on a card that usually has multiple transactions per day.

Notes: Resetting and even reactivating the account does not solve the problem.