Quicken downloading some but not all transactions QWin

Options
1235»

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16
    Options

I have just experienced the issue of an occasional transaction not downloading. This was with a Bank of America Visa card connected via EWC+.

There were two transactions to different payees, on 2/22 and 2/23, each for $50.00. One downloaded and one did not, causing the reconcile to the online balance to fail.

I have sent my log files and a screenshot from the BoA website via Report a Problem.

I would be happy to help someone debug this issue if they want to contact me.

[update 3/16] The missing transaction from 2/22 finally downloaded today, 3/16. I guess they have fixed the original problem but now everyone who entered missing transactions manually or entered a balance adjustment will have to make another adjustment.

QWin Premier subscription
  • sCHUTZEE
    sCHUTZEE Member ✭✭
    Options

I asked for suggestions for other financial software as currently Quicken sucks!

• QknRod
    QknRod Member
    Options

Count me in on this issue. I had read a lot of comments about transactions not downloading (to reconcile manually entered transactions), so for about a month and a half I have just let it miss transactions and I don't do anything with the manual entries…I just leave them there unmatched (red pencil icon). Eventually over time they get downloaded and matched (blue pencil icon). I have two transactions right now that are in this state. Even if I download and import the QFX where I can see the missing transactions, they still aren't detected, not even as unmatched download entries! Quicken has been around a long time; I was sure this would be bullet proof. I recently moved over from the defunct Microsoft Money, where I never had this issue, specifically to get this online download feature.

• Pedro504
    Pedro504 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

After more than a week and after updating to R55.13 the two missing credit card transactions from Bank Of America are now presumed gone forever. If they ever reappear I'll update here.

For the time being, I've decided to proactively manually enter transactions as uncleared, then subsequently match them as they are downloaded.

You Don't Have to Have a Point, To Have A Point

• Jim_Harman
    Options

My missing transaction from 2/22 finally downloaded today. See my updated 3/7 post above.

• Mitch104
    Mitch104 Member ✭✭
    Options

It's happening to me too (Coastal1 Bank in Rhode Island). It's specific to only one weekly transaction (deposit) - every week all transactions download but that one, so I manually add it to Quicken and a week or two later it's reconciled. It's the exact same amount week after week so I was thinking it had to do with that, but that would be pretty poor for Quicken to ignore same-amount transactions.

• Jim_Harman
    Options

For me it was one of two same-amount transactions on consecutive days that did not download. The Payees were different.

• eddn
    eddn Member
    Options

Just adding my voice to all of this. I've been seeing problems since January '24: missing transactions, seem to be completely arbitrary. I've been correcting by manually adding in missing transactions. Here's a new wrinkle. I did a new download 2 days ago it went fine, except Q now deleted one transaction from each day of March 5 & 13 that I had added manually a week or so ago. So now my Q account balance is not matching my bank balance once again. Holy lordy!

I'm starting the process of looking for a new app to replace Quicken and/or change banks. (Note: some of this falls on Chase, I think, even though they won't admit it.) Talk about crappy customer service (I'm referring to both entities); I can only hope that someone on the tech side of this is losing sleep.

• tananthar
    tananthar Member ✭✭
    edited March 28
    Options

Has anyone tried rolling Quicken back to R53.32 (the Dec 21 update, the last one before this issue showed up) as described here ? https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has

I tried it, but it did not resolve missing transactions : For my BOA credit card the download still shows only downloads up to 3/21 and the update today (3/28) with R53.32 (just like with R54.16 and R55.15) shows no new transactions and the summary shows the correct account balance as of 3/21, but online at BOA I see over a dozen new transactions. Looks like the problem is upstream from the Quicken App, either on the Quicken or download aggregation server.

Interestingly I was previously on the Jan 29 version (R54.16) which now longer offered to update after downloads, even though there were 3 newer versions (R55.12, R55.13, R55.15) : one of those updates R55.12 claims to fix many issues with transactions downloads, but when I tried to update to R55.15, the problem was not fixed. This seems to confirm that the problem is actually on the Quicken or download aggregation server.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The problem shows up in Quicken Mac too, and it showed up in both of them in between updates. There is basically no possible way that the problem is in Quicken (the program). This is a server problem.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jim_Harman
    Options

@tananthar This discussion is mainly about accounts where most transactions download but occasionally one does not.

If your downloads have stopped completely, it is possible that your account needs to be reauthorized. To do this, click on the gear at the top right of the account, select the Online Services tab, and click on Reset Account. Follow the instructions carefully, being sure to select the option to Link your BoA accounts to the correct Quicken accounts and not add new ones.

• Jsimons
    Jsimons Member ✭✭
    Options

Having same issue with Bank of america.. both checking and credit cards.. seems to download most but not all transactions.. This is really unacceptable …. what's the point of having the software to do this?? Have to go online to each account and find which ones add up to the amount that "won't balance"…. arrrrgh!!

JS

• tenor.voce
    tenor.voce Member
    Options

It is wild to me how long this issue has been allowed to continue by Quicken. Like others, I have tried every troubleshooting step recommended with no success. Waiting for response from customer support, but I really don't have high hopes based on the experiences stated here (as well as my previous interactions with them). It is a shame we are all paying for a lackluster premium product simply for lack of competitor that meets all the boxes. When Quicken works, it is fantastic. If they get their basic features nailed down, they will have much happier customers.

• cdennett
    cdennett Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It just happened to me again. One missing transaction on my Chase Visa. The transaction is the same amount with the same vendor and happens about once a week. I'm on 55.26 which according to the release notes was supposed to fix that issue.

• Pedro504
    Pedro504 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It's been over a month and with two Quicken software updates I given up hope that the two missing transaction will ever appear.

I do find the visibility of pending transaction in R55.26 helpful and as a result I have stopped manually entering transactions.

• Pedro504
    Pedro504 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I'm very pleased to report that two identical credit transaction initiated at a merchant on Saturday April 20th were handled properly. They were for the exact same amount and transacted at the merchant minutes apart.

First they both displayed as pending transactions that same day. Subsequently three days later both were downloaded correctly, each having a unique Downloaded ID, while all other data was identical.

I was able to accept both transactions successfully.

• Pedro504
    Pedro504 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I'm pleased to report identical transactions (same day, same merchant, same amount - transacted a minute apart) are working for me as of today.

Displayed as Pending later in that day, two days later as Downloaded.