Quicken downloading some but not all transactions QWin

Options
lmacmil
lmacmil Member ✭✭

I am using the latest update of Quicken Classic Deluxe R54.9, build 27.1.54.9 on Windows 11. I download my checking account transactions from my bank, credit card transactions from 2 different cards, and have several CDs at a local credit union which get updated at the first of the month. In the last week or so, I started missing some but not all transactions from the bank. They are cleared on the bank website and when I download I get a message from Quicken that the cleared balance doesn't agree with the bank balance and offers a balance adjustment. Thought it was a bank problem but today, one of the credit card didn't download 3 of 4 recent (and posted) transactions. None of the suggestions on the Quicken support site have worked. What else should I try?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @lmacmil,

Are you receiving any error codes when attempting to download transactions beyond the message regarding your incorrect balance? Which financial institution are you experiencing this issue with? What is the connection method? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• lmacmil
    lmacmil Member ✭✭
    Options

No error message from either institution. The bank is 1st Source Bank and the CC is a Bank of America MC. The MC uses Express Webconnect+. The bank register view shows express web connect but in the account list it says "improve connection" and when I click that, it brings up a window that says "upgrade to direct connect." When I tried that it didn't work. On the bank website, on the "connectivity to Quicken" page is says "you are enrolled to use online services through Quicken." Today, Quicken downloaded only one of 6 posted transactions from the last couple of days. FWIW, I have been using Quicken to download transactions from this checking account and this MC for years without a problem.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @lmacmil,

Thank you for providing more information, this could be an issue with your online services token.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• lmacmil
    lmacmil Member ✭✭
    Options

I signed out of Quicken and then signed back in. Updated my checking account and there were 2 posted transactions from 1/23 that did not download. There are 3 pending transactions so I will see what happens tomorrow after they have been posted.

More details: 5 debit card transactions on 1/16. Two were downloaded and 3 were not. One transaction on 1/17 was downloaded. Two transactions on 1/18 were not downloaded. Five transactions on 1/22, 1 was downloaded and 4 were not. So since 1/16, only 4 of 15 debit card (from 1st Source Bank) have downloaded after being posted.

I should also mention that on 1/11, I copied the data file, QDATA7, and the 2 other Qdata7xxx.dat files and moved them to a laptop that I was taking on vacation. 1/16 was the first time that file was used to download transactions. I have done this (moved the 3 files to another computer) many times in the past and it never caused a problem.

I still have the 3 files dated 1/11 intact since I copied them to a new folder on the laptop.

• lmacmil
    lmacmil Member ✭✭
    Options

None of the posted transactions from my bank downloaded today. When Quicken downloads transactions, does it set a flag at the institution that transactions have been downloaded? My real question is: when I get home and use Quicken on my main computer, on a file that hasn't been used since 1/11, will it download all transactions since 1/11 or will those that have been downloaded on the other computer not be downloaded again?

• MishawakaKirk
    MishawakaKirk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue — Quicken Premier is not downloading Transactions from 1st Source Bank.
    Quicken Premier
    R54.9
    Build 27.1.54.9
    Windows 11 Home
    Connection Method: Express Web Connect

1st Source Bank is not downloaidng transactions. Problem started approx 1 week ago, Jan 20, 2024. Transactions show on the Banks web site as processed; yet One Step says 'No Transactions".

I get no visible errors of any type. Brokerage accounts and Credit Card accounts appear to be working correctly.
    I already tried the idea mentioned above, to log out of my account (rebooted) and logged back in. No change… nothing downloaded.
    Additionally, I tried the "Reset Account" under Account Details > Online Services.

Nothing has helped thus far!

• MishawakaKirk
    MishawakaKirk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Upon further checking, it appears Quicken has done a partial download of transactions — as I've discovered my Quicken balance is off considerably from my real balance on the Banks web site. Somehow, some transactions have cleared in Quicken, others have not. I can not find transactions within the last 30 days, cleared or entered, enough to throw my balance off to the degree it is. So, somehow Quicken has changed older transactions 'status' thereby affecting my balance substantially. I've Exported transactions from my Bank, and now have to work through to find the discrepancy.
    HELP!

• u000top2
    u000top2 Member ✭✭
    edited January 27
    Options

I have the same problem with BCU credit union checking account.
    R54.9
    Build 27.1.54.9
    Started about 1/22. I have "Reset Account" and "Deactivated" and re-setup online credentials for each sub-account. Still the balance is off and it will not download recent transactions.

UPDATE: Reread the previous recommended actions and did the "Sign in as a different user" actions and was able to download 3 transactions, but only 2 were new.

Up to 1/22, my balance was spot on every day. Now I am off by the amount of the 2 downloaded transactions. Still checking but it looks like my balance is off going back to before 12/1/23.

• u000top2
    u000top2 Member ✭✭
    Options

Latest info. No new transactions today.

What is happening is that the two previous transactions for a total of $193 have been applied to the opening balance of the account dated 01/11/2011. Sounds like a big problem!

Supervalidated file with no database issues

• u000top2
    u000top2 Member ✭✭
    edited January 28
    Options

Well Look what I found (searched for "Quicken changed Opening balance) — a known error with de-activating/activating changing the Opening Balance —goes back more than a year.

Answers from early 2023

• The first thing I would check is to see if the Opening Balance transaction amount is correct. There is a Quicken bug where it is changing this amount. In fact, based on what you said changing it by the exact amount that is different from the ending balance and the balance at the financial institution would make them "match".Signature:
      This is my website: FlagQuoteOff TopicUnhelpful1HelpfulLOL http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

• lmacmil
    lmacmil Member ✭✭
    Options

Two more posted transactions from 1st Source were not downloaded. Would like to hear more from "Quicken Jasmine" now that I know I am not the only one having a problem with 1st Source Bank transactions.

• MishawakaKirk
    MishawakaKirk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Well, well, well…. A Big Thanks to u000top2 for finding the old post!
    I checked my Opening Balance and for some unknown reason, it was a Negative number…. Don’t think I’d open an account owing the bank already! So, instead of wondering why, and after checking numbers, my balance today was off by $4,000. So figuring out what it should be, positive number; made an adjustment to my opening balance, and viola, my Account all the way through shows correct balances.

Now advance to today’s original issue – 1st Source Bank transactions ARE NOT downloading.
    I have Reset my Account.
    I have Deactivated my account
    I have Validated my file (minimal BS errors)
    I have Super Validated my file… (nuthin’)

So, I have done a fair amount of work, as has Imacmil and u000top2 – I think now it’s time for Quicken ‘Jasmine’ or Quicken (insert moderator name of choice) to do some troubleshooting for us.

Quicken is a great program when it works as it’s supposed to. I’ve checked many of the other options, and none compare. But Quicken when it doesn’t work as it should (bug, error, etc) it’s frustrating as H*ll to figure out what went wrong – and it feels as if Quicken Moderator’s always tell us to ‘try this or that’. It’s never a Quicken issue, but an operator’s fault.
    Frustrating!

• MishawakaKirk
    MishawakaKirk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Still Not Working!

Quicken updated this Monday 1/29/24 AM. Now using:
    Version: R54.16
    Build: 27.1.54.16

However, 1st Source Bank is still not updating correctly. No errors appear.
    I have multiple transactions that are posted via the Banks web site, that do not appear in Quicken.

Thus far, I beliive that CC and Investment accounts are correct; but feel the need to verify them as well.

• u000top2
    u000top2 Member ✭✭
    edited January 29
    Options

MishawakaKirk

Now Working
    My download from BCU worked normally today.

(Documenting what I did for next time I have this problem)
    Here are the things I tried - just like you.
    1. Reset my Account. Account Details→Online Services→Reset Account
    2. Deactivated my account. Account Details→Online Services→Deactivate Then Set-up Account again and linked to existing banking accounts. Account Details→Online Services→Set-up Now
    3. Validated my file. File→Validate and Repair File→Check Validate file→OK
    4. Super Validated my file. File→hold Sift+Control and click Validate and Repair File→Check Super Validate file→OK
    5. Corrected the Opening Balance of the account (and checked all). According to a Superuser, for years Quicken Deactivate/Reactivate has a known error/bug that overwrites the Opening Balance. This should be one of the first recommended actions by Quicken Support - Check your Opening Balance. It seems to play a role in the download and reconciliation process.

And…
    6. I also did another Deactivate and then forced a refresh of the financial institution connection data. I got this tip from a Quicken_name a couple of years ago when I had similar download issues. When the refresh was completed, I had to activate and reconnect the account. Account Details→Online Services→Set-up Now

Here is how to force the refresh from my notes
    I hope I never have to use it again: she (Quicken_name) had me force a new download/refresh of the financial institution connection data: Tools→Online Center, in the header, hold Shift-Control and click on Contact Info. A new window pops up labeled "Refresh Online Transaction Information". Check "Financial Institution Branding and Profile" and press the "Refresh Button").

7. As recommended by the Quicken_name earlier in this thread, I went into Edit→Preferences→Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts, signed out, and then back in. This, I believe, has to do with resetting the integrator settings. After I did this the missing transactions were downloaded but the balance was wrong (see 5 -The Opening Balance was off $193 the same amount as the 2 downloaded transactions).
    8. As recommended by that same Superuser, I added a known good Opening Balance to the Memo field of the Opening Balance transition (all banking accounts) so I can quickly see if it was changed by the Quicken Deactivate/Reactivate error/bug.
    9. As recommended by the Superuser, I created a Transaction report (Reports→Banking→Transaction) and customized it for the Accounts I wanted, Earliest Date and then filtered on Payee=Opening Balance, and lastly saved it to my custom report folder. One-click to see if there is a problem with the Opening balance vs the memo amount I know is correct.

Not sure which, if any, of these steps fixed it. I may not have followed this exact sequence. Hope it helps.

• DrMoneyBB
    DrMoneyBB Member ✭✭
    Options

Similar issue for me.

• MishawakaKirk
    MishawakaKirk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

u000top2
    Now Working
    My download from BCU worked normally today.

u000top2
    Wish I could say the same. I really appreciate all of your hard work, and documenting the steps… very cleanly and nicely I might add.

Anyway, I followed your steps as precisely as I could and no luck. Yep, it changed my opening balance at least twice going through your steps.
    Validate found nothing related to my 1st Source Bank account.

Strange… did I do it right? But the step to Force a New Download/Refresh of the Financial Institution connection data…. I followed the steps, clicked the Refresh… and a) nothing happened?, or b) I did something wrong, or c) it is super fast, behind the scenes. No confirmation box or notice??

I did the Reset Account, at least twice; Deactivated…. Logged out and back in; Closed > reopened Quicken, etc.

I didn’t bother with the Transaction report, as when I was first aware of this issue, I downloaded a Transaction report from my bank, with a running Balance. So I’ve got that to work with.

Quicken Jasmin: Now, back to a Soap Box issue – Why are us users doing all of this Troubleshooting and work? Where is Quicken Support? U000top2, you clearly spent a bit of time troubleshooting and documenting the solution (that worked for you, gives me hope); I spent half that time following your directions, with no luck. Quicken Support where are you?
    And resetting the account, adjusting the Opening Balance? Really, who would have ‘thunk it’ to be so? Come on Quicken, get this stuff fixed!

• tbarritt
    tbarritt Member
    Options

Same issue here. Not downloading from any account, Even Fidelity which owns Intuit.

• u000top2
    u000top2 Member ✭✭
    edited January 29
    Options

https://community.quicken.com/profile/MishawakaKirk

I tried the Force a New Download/Refresh of the Financial Institution connection data and you are right — nothing to suggest that it did anything. Didn't remember that. Nice to know that based on your results it may not make any difference. As I mentioned, I am not sure which if any of these actions 1-7 fixed it. At least, now that it is working for me I have a checklist for the next time. You throw everything at it and see what sticks. :-). This has happened to me about 1-3 times a year. Last time was May 2023. This time was the worst in terms of multiple issues.

Just a clarification, the (9) Opening Balance (OB) report i.e. transaction report is just a quick check for the next time. One line per account that shows the memo field with your correct OB and the current OB. They should be the same.

Best,

• MishawakaKirk
    MishawakaKirk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

https://community.quicken.com/profile/9952359/u000top2

Well, it could be worse… at least we still have our files and something to work with.

Back in 2017, something corrupted my Quicken file. Of course Q support was of no help, so I ended up starting over with a new data file. Even named the file based on the date it was created. It had 20 years of history. Now I’m able to open the old file, as long as I don’t click on one specific account. So it's usable for old research.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Where did you get the idea that Fidelity owns Intuit?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• MishawakaKirk
    MishawakaKirk Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 29
    Options

https://community.quicken.com/profile/10170864/tbarritt —- A bit off topic, but worth sharing??……

Fidelity Investments has super deep pockets, and a valuation in the Trillions of dollars. They do not own Quicken.

Intuit sold Quicken to H.I.G. Investments in 2016; H.I.G. sold it to Aquiline (a Capital Investment venture firm) in 2021, who still owns Quicken today. https://www.aquiline.com/portfolio

Based in Menlo Park, CA, Quicken is a small technology company with only 199 employees and an annual revenue of $100.0M
    Found here

Quicken has been trusted for over 40 years by 20+ million customers
    Found here

So, to me, the math doesn’t add up. If revenue is $100 Million…. Lets say an average subscriber fee is $50, it only takes Two Million subscribers to reach 100 Million dollars ($50 x 2,000,000 subscribers) = $100 Million; Yet Quicken says used by 20+ customers! Perhaps lifetime of the software, but not in today's time ??

• lmacmil
    lmacmil Member ✭✭
    Options

No downloads from 1st Source Bank today. The last successful download was 1/22. The last 12 or so posted transactions have not been downloaded. I will reset the account again and see what happens. My two credit card accounts are working normally. Very frustrating since we use our debit car a lot. Where is the Quicken support?

• lmacmil
    lmacmil Member ✭✭
    Options

I saw on a different site the Quicken's annual revenue in 2021 was $18M so one of these sources must be wrong. I can't believe they went from $18M to $100M in just a couple years. Also, there are probably a lot users who don't update every year and are still using older versions. If I didn't want the ability to download transactions from my bank and CCs, I could probably get by with an out-of-date version. Before they went to the subscription model, I only upgraded every other year and I'd buy a year old version on Ebay for 1/2 the new price.

Back to the topic at hand, I'm wondering if 1st Source made some kind of internal change that is affecting the ability to download posted transactions. I don't think I've ever had a case where multiple transactions have failed to download over multiple days. I'm going to call them next week and ask to speak to the Quicken expert.

• MishawakaKirk
    MishawakaKirk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

https://community.quicken.com/profile/10119566/lmacmil

I'd be very curious to hear the results of your call to 1st Source. My guess is a side-step, not our doing… But still looking forward to your update.

Pre-Subscription model, I too upgraded roughly every Three Years…. enough to keep me current and keep the Downloading capabilities. Now, I'm forced to update annually. FYI… I've come to believe that Q is on sale every Dec 30th - Jan 10th, so roughly 20-30% off. Premier for $55 this year…Sams's, Costco, Best Buy, etc…

• lmacmil
    lmacmil Member ✭✭
    edited February 2
    Options

It appears that Quicken support has given up on us. No posts since 1/24 despite a couple of additional people with the same problem as I have. Oh well…

So my 1st Source account in the account list in Quicken says "improve connection" and when I clicked that it said I couldn't log in but it wasn't my fault but my PIN/password has been locked. I called 1st Source and the very pleasant young woman who answered said she wasn't familiar with Quicken but would try to help. She reset my password and said there had been a couple of bad login attempts (probably from Quicken). She reset that so I am going to try again in a while and I will update with my results.

• rlorenz2417
    rlorenz2417 Member
    Options

Hey Quicken, I'm having this same issue on Mac to a different bank. So it isn't the bank issues. Started about a week ago. It's downloading some but not all transactions.

Version 7.5 (January 2024).

Are you going to disappear for your subscription users or actually come through with a fix?

• MishawakaKirk
    MishawakaKirk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yep, same here — no change, no Quicken Support, no luck with the Bank (1st Source Bank), and nothing at all downloaded since 1/22/2024. Unlike a few other users, Quicken > 1st Source NOTHING has downloaded. So, I can't say it is a Partial download, it’s a Nothing downloaded…. And as before, all CC and investment accounts appear to be working normally.

Quicken Support — If you read the thread above, we (users) have done quite a bit of troubleshooting on our part. All we are really accomplishing, is probably messing up some settings, that didn't need to be modified. Can you, Quicken Support, at least acknowledge you are aware of an issue? Then we users, can stop dinking with all of our settings in search of a resolution… that doesn't exist?

• MishawakaKirk
    MishawakaKirk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hey everyone, slight improvement…. key word here is, Slight
    I opened a Chat window with Support and I got him/they to read our thread; then he offered a potential fix. I did it / tried it and it Improved some, but also has it's own set of issues.

Ok — Directions first:
    Create a Complete Backup first.
    1. File > Backup or Copy File….. Select the top option… Create a complete backup
    2. File > Back up or Copy file…. Select the second option….. Create a Copy or Template
    2.a. On the Date Range boxes — on the right, leave as is; on the LEFT back date it to the start of the issue…. I used 1/22/2024; Save.
    2.b. Then use the New Copy…. reconnect the Bank account (1st Source for me).

It worked, almost. It downloaded 6 of 8 transactions I had out there. I had to manually match 5 of the 6….. but it did download transactions.

Here is the Bad News — The Checking account records only went back to the 1/22/2024 Date I entered during the Copy process… actually has dates from 1/2/2024…

So, this is close to Worthless, as I have a few years worth of data. It did show that the download process works; but the new copy file has no real value… Is this progress? Not sure. But I insisted the Support guy was aware of our thread.

So now to re-attach Quicken to my old, backup file…..

• MishawakaKirk
    MishawakaKirk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Back to old file…. nothing downloaded from my Bank

• MishawakaKirk
    MishawakaKirk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ok, Monday 2/5/24 early AM….. using old file, same as from entry made last night, Quicken downloads 4 transactions!
    Two transactions I think it should have downloaded, it did not.

But I made zero attempts to fix, zero changes since 2/4/24 and today it kinda works. What's up with that?
    Anyone else see an improvment or changes?