All Account Downloads Failing Intermittently Without Notice

Options
proflaw
proflaw Member ✭✭✭

This week two different credit cards - Citibank and Fidelity - stopped downloading after a couple of weeks of downloading only some, but not all, transactions. Citibank's checking account continues to download, but not all transactions. When I tried to import transactions downloaded from Citibank's credit card, I got an error message saying that I was trying to import into an account that does not exist. Fidelity Investment Account also downloads only some transactions. Not one of these failures has shown up in a message in the online summary. All this has occurred in a new file I created to try to avoid these problems. Does anyone know what is going on?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @proflaw,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. You mentioned the issue with two particular accounts started this week, but the title of your post implies this is affecting more accounts. When did this issue first start? Which financial institutions are affected by this issue? Are the accounts not downloading at all, or are they downloading some, but not all, transactions? If they are downloading only some transactions, are the missing transactions repeating transactions (same amount, same payee, but a different date)?

You mentioned this issue is happening in a new file. Is this a completely new file that you started from scratch, or is this a file that you created by making a copy of the original file?

There is currently a known issue for Citi not downloading transactions. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• proflaw
    proflaw Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Accounts affected include Citibank checking and credit cards, Fidelity Investments, and Fidelity credit cards (two separate accounts). They alternate between downloading some but not all transactions and not downloading anything for days. The download summary never shows an error; it always says, "One Step Update Complete." The missing transactions have no relationship to each other at all. They are not repeating or the same payee. Sometimes, only some transactions dated the same day will download. The file is entirely new. I started from scratch after repeated problems downloading in multiple accounts. If I could date the beginning of the issues, it would be January when new forms of connection to the accounts began.

Trying to import transactions that had failed to download to one account yielded the error message I described, although I was importing to a linked account that previously had worked fine. So far, I have been able to import to the other accounts, but not download.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Which "Fidelity credit card"? Fidelity is a brokerage, not a bank, and can't legally issue credit cards.

What they CAN do is to co-brand on a card that's issued by a bank … so what bank actually issued your card?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• proflaw
    proflaw Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Elan Credit Card

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

For the missing transactions with Fidelity/Elan, please start troubleshooting by following the steps in this article on Missing Transactions/Transactions not Downloading.

If the issue persists after you have completed that troubleshooting, please reach out to Quicken Support directly for assistance since they have access to tools we cannot access on the Community and they are able to escalate the issue if needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• proflaw
    proflaw Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The link for the phone number has no phone number. See attached

• proflaw
    proflaw Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I contacted Quicken Phone Support at  650-250-1900. The problem was solved in a minute. It involved signing out of my account by going to Edit, Preferences, Quicken ID & Cloud Support, Sign in as different user, signing back into my account, clicking "Done" on the welcome page, and then running one-step update. Apparently, it is a common problem that can be solved simply by signing out of one's account and signing back in. Why that fix isn't featured prominently online to save us all from weeks of hassle is beyond me.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

I'm glad to hear Support was able to help you correct the issue.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.