R55.13 is Missing DLLs that Break QFX Imports, Tax Planner & ??????

Options
markus1957
markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta

The R55.13 update deletes required DLLs causing erratic re-install behavior throughout Quicken. A series of EO.xxxx.dll files are missing that affect Tax Planner. There is at least one more missing that affects QFX imports.

This issue has been reported numerous times in a forum which cannot be mentioned. It was left unresolved and has now infected the latest release.

Sanitized data files will not help troubleshoot. Install logs might. PD needs to determine why some Windows setups do not allow the dlls to install. It has been speculated it is because they are not digitally signed and Windows views them as a security risk.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @markus1957,

Thank you for sharing these issues. I will pass the information along.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• markus1957
    Options

Adding- I reinstalled R55.12 and compared the files in the Program Folder. The only missing files were the EO.xxxx.dlls shown below. I reinstalled R55.13 and copied the missing dlls into the program folder. Quicken Tax Planner runs now without trying to reinstall. I do not import QFXs so I did not test that issue to see if it was also resolved.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

looks like some web browser interface modules from 2019 - digital signed in 2021

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Kansas_gardner
    Options

It sounds like there is a quality control issue if the beta team has reported numerous times and yet it still occurs.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 14
    Options

@markus1957 - just wondering how you xref the program files …. to find the differences - brute force eyeball scan ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• markus1957
    Options

Copied program folder before uninstall of R55.13 and then compared to R55.12 program folder using side by side views of program folders.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited March 14
    Options

@markus1957 the very odd thing about the missing DLL files is that my Quicken folder doesn't have any of them and my installation of Quicken is working without any issues. I even searched all of my C:\ drive and those files are nowhere to be found.

• QuickUserPSP
    edited March 14
    Options

I have not had any of the issues that other users have had with accessing the program file or the QDF data file via shortcut, the Tax planner, or importing QFX files. So, I am perplexed as to what could be the cause of these issues.

The one common thread I see is that the users all have been on Quicken for a very long time. So that could mean that their data files are older. I rebuilt my file from scratch last September, so my data file is newer. Otherwise, it is very strange that some users are experiencing these issues, but it looks like some are not.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15
    Options

I just used the in-program link to install the new R55.15 on my test system and I can confirm that in Program Files (x86)\Quicken the EO*.dll files are now present, with a Modified date of 3/14/24 2:02 PM. Interestingly, these files do not have digital signatures.

[adding] Also the size of all 4 files is zero. Maybe these are just dummy files because Quicken looks for them to see if the installation is complete but does not use them.

QWin Premier subscription
  • QuickUserPSP
    Options

I rechecked and I still don't have those files in my Quicken directory. Not sure why I don't have them, but Quicken is working fine and I never had any of the issues that other users describe.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15
    Options

@QuickUserPSP what version of Quicken are you running? If not R55.15, you might try installing that and seeing if the EO*.dll files reappear.

QWin Premier subscription
  • F@@@
    F@@@ Member ✭✭
    Options

I can verify that after 55.15 install, clicking the downloaded file direcly DOES work as before and as expected.

• markus1957
    Options

Yes, resolved with the dummy 0 byte dummy EO. files. Truly a hot fix and another example of the problems of dealing with ancient code.

• QuickUserPSP
    edited March 15
    Options

@Jim_Harman I did some experimenting on my computer with Windows 10. R55.12 has those files, R55.13 the files disappear. With R55.15 the files are back but all are zero bytes. But even so, I confirmed that I could do all of the functions without issues, or errors with each update. So for me, the updates, and having those files or not made no difference in my installation of Quicken.

The other computer is Windows 11. I had no issues also, with or without the files. But I cannot change versions because it is my Quicken Beta computer. The screen print I provided is from Windows 11.

This discussion has been closed.