FIDELITY INVESTMENTS - NOT UPDATING

Jim18581
Jim18581 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Since 3May2024, Fidelity Investments has not been updating. Wait time is infinite with no time-out error message. Performed recommended corrections to no avail. Appears Quicken link to Fideility is broken. Please Advise.

Comments

• Richard Schreyer
    Richard Schreyer Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Have four fidelity investment accounts have had no problems downloading for the past several days…did you try reset?

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 6 Fidelity accounts in 2 unique main data files and in 3 unique test files and downloading via DC has been working well for me for quite some time.

Did you recently deactivate your Fidelity accounts? If so, there is a known issue with financial institutions that support both DC and EWC+ connection methods whereby DC accounts that have been deactivated cannot be set up, again with DC. But when this happens Quicken will instead try to set up EWC+ connection method so this sounds different from what you are experiencing. (They are working of fixing this issue.)

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boatnmaniac I don't think that DC/EWC is the issue because both Fidelity Investments and Fidelity NetBenefits only support DC..

And I download into 6 Fido accounts daily without issue. Including just this morning.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Boatnmaniac
    edited May 8

No, DC alone is not the problem. Per the posted Alert there are at least some FIs that offer both DC and EWC+ (which Fidelity Investments does indeed support now via the Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts FI….not sure about Fidelity Net Benefits) and when DC is deactivated the DC connection cannot be reestablished. Instead, what sometimes ends up happening is that the attempt to set up the DC connection again instead get routed behind the scenes to the EWC+ connection setup.

This issue has happened to me in a test file with Fidelity Investments, Wells Fargo, PNC Bank and Citi Cards. Each of them has different FI listings for DC and EWC+, except for Citi Cards.

Here is the posted Alert about this issue:

The Alert says it is RESOLVED but it is still an issue as reported in this following thread…and where a Moderator has said the ongoing issue has been reported back to the Team to investigate further:

I don't know if all of this is related to the issue posted at the top of this thread but I thought it worth mentioning that there is a DC connection issue with Fidelity. And it is why I asked if @Jim18581 had deactivated his DC connection. If he did and then tried to set it up, again, he might have been routed to the EWC+ connection FI instead. We all know that setting up EWC+ connections can sometimes not complete properly providing symptoms very similar to what he described.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9

"Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts" which isn't the same FI as "Fidelity Investments", which is DC only.

Same organization? Yes.

But not the same Q FI.

And, actually the FI that you cite ONLY supports EWC. So, it would seem, the matter can be resolved by changing the FI.

Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts https://nb.fidelity.com/public/nb/default/home NA https://nb.fidelity.com/public/nb/default/home ACTIVE BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO,INVESTMENT&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

They even use different URL's

Fidelity Investments http://www.Fidelity.com (800) 544-7931 http://personal.fidelity.com/misc/partners/quicken/disclaimer.shtml ACTIVE INVESTMENT,ACCOUNTINFO&DIRECT

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Boatnmaniac
    edited May 9

Yes, the same organization but different Quicken FIs. In looking back at my previous post I see how what I'd posted earlier was poorly worded and could have been understood differently than what I had intended (I did edit that earlier post to clarify what I'd intended to say). I did not mean that Fidelity Investments now supports EWC+ because it still supports only DC. And I did not mean Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts supports DC because it only supports EWC+ (not EWC). So on this we are in agreement.

But there are still 2 issues with Fidelity (and some other financial institutions that support both DC and EWC+):

1. Per the Alert, after deactivating DC with financial institutions (the businesses) that support both DC and EWC+ (whether or not they have different FIs listings for DC and EWC+), reconnecting to DC at least sometimes does not work. There have been a fair number of posts by users saying they have not been able to reconnect their DC connections after they had deactivated their DC connections. I, too, have experienced this very issue with my Fidelity, PNC Bank, Wells Fargo and Citi Cards accounts in some of my test files. (In my main files, I never deactivated these connections so DC remains intact and functional in those files.)
    2. As mentioned earlier, there has been another issue that has occurred with some financial institutions that have added an EWC+ connection option to their DC connection option and maybe this is related to the issue of this thread or maybe not. When attempting to set up a DC connection via Fidelity Investments some (including me and others who have posted) have been rerouted in a non-transparent manner to the setup for EWC+ via Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts. The only indication that this has happened is when Quicken takes us to the Fidelity.com website to log in and complete the authorization because this authorization process is specific to EWC+. When this has happened users are surprised to find out that they are no longer connected to Fidelity via DC but are instead connected via EWC+. If they then deactivate the EWC+ connection and then try to reconnect with DC their DC connection does not work. Sounds similar to #1 with the added twist of first having been migrated to EWC+. I have not seen a lot of posts regarding this but there have been some going back to last December when EWC+ was first launched for Fidelity. Again, I experienced this issue as well.

One wouldn't think #2 could or would happen because of the different FI listings involved but it sometimes does. It tends to reinforce for me that we should take the URLs shown in Quicken and the FIDIR list with a grain of salt because it says nothing about how the FI actually processes/routes connection setups and what ends up happening can be different from what we expect.

So all of this is the rationale for asking if the DC connection to Fidelity was recently deactivated (whether by migrating first to EWC+ or simply deactivating DC for some other reason) followed by trying to set DC up again?

This discussion has been closed.