Why are my paychecks entered automatically?

For some reason my paychecks started entering automatically when it's not setup that way. Does anyone know how to stop this?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Robert Armani,

Can you give us some additional details that may help us to understand exactly what is happening?

Here are some questions that may help:

1. In the past, how have you been entering your "paychecks" - manually entering them? or downloading?
    2. If you are entering them manually, have you setup an "income reminder" for the paycheck transaction(s)?

Any additional details will be helpful.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Robert Armani
    Robert Armani Member ✭✭✭✭

Hi Frankx, thank you for your response.

I setup my paycheck in Quicken a long time ago and it was working fine. The setup is to remind me a couple of days before the date. However, lately it's been entering by itself without any 2-day notification or anything. I have to delete it, because the paychecks are not always the same amount and re-enter manually.

I have to tell you that a lot of the bill reminders that used to work fine don't work correctly anymore, so I just remove them from the list.

• tb4811
    tb4811 Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Same issue here. I have been reporting this to Quicken "Report a problem…" for months and it gets ignored. I currently set up the paycheck reminders a day late so I can enter them before Quicken incorrectly enters them.

• Frankx
    Frankx Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 6

Hi @Robert Armani and @tb4811

The problem you are both seeing may be caused by a checkbox being checked (either intentionally or by accident). Take a look at the Snip below and then open up the "next transaction" for each of the problem transactions in the "All Bills and Deposits" screen by clicking the "edit this instance and all future instances".

Next - in the pop-up window make sure that the button before the words "Automatically enter the transaction in the register" is NOT checked. Then save each edited reminder by clicking "Done". You'll need to do this for each transaction with this problem.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

After "Report a problem" you also need to contact Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation to start a trouble ticket and to get the ball rolling. Submitting a "Report a problem" is only meant to provide supporting evidence to an active trouble ticket.

If a paycheck transaction was recorded with an incorrect amount, you should be able to edit the register transaction after it was recorded, to make your correction. There should be no need to delete and reenter the transaction.

• Robert Armani

The screen in the picture does not apply to paystubs.

• Robert Armani
    edited June 8

I called them and they told me to delete and re-add the paystub. So far, no changes were done. It just entered the paystub for the upcoming 6/15.

• KentonB
    KentonB Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Same thing here. I've had my paycheck reminder set up for years without a problem. About a month or two ago, Quicken suddenly started auto-entering my paycheck. Like some others, my paycheck varies from week to week. I end up deleting the entry, then going into Bills & Income to reset the start date, and then enter in the paycheck. What a pain!

By the way, here's what the Track Paycheck feature looks like. You have a choice of "Remind Me" or "Automatically enter". Mine is/was/has been set to "Remind me" but Quicken is Auto-entering.

• stinestein
    stinestein Quicken Windows Subscription Member

This is also happening to me. I double checked all of my settings. I've had these paychecks set up for years, and I always enter them manually. Now they're suddenly being entered automatically. Most of the time I don't realize it and then I enter it again, then realize I now have the same paycheck in there twice. This is highly irritating.

This discussion has been closed.