CC-501 on almost all accounts

Greg Brown
Greg Brown Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

I am receiving a CC-501 alert on almost all of my accounts today.

Quicken Business and Personal-R59.18 Windows 11 PRO current on updates

Comments

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Since you posted this question have you stopped and restarted Quicken and tried OSU again?

I just ran OSU myself, without any problems.

• Greg Brown

I did, same result. Since you're the only one that has responded, I guess I'll try some troubleshooting. Thanks for the response.

• Greg Brown

So I did the ole File Validate and only received this error:

QEL:Removed 3 qel records for payments not in register

Don't think this was the issue since I knew about these, and they occurred several weeks ago. HOWEVER now OSU working. Thanks again for your response…

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta

@Greg Brown if you search on "CC-501" in this community, you will see many reports recently on this error across all or multiple accounts.

For some reason, the moderators are not consolidating the separate post like they usually do.

• Greg Brown

funny thing is, when all these accounts showed up in the OSU summary report that they all had CC-501 errors but once you select the accounts individually the date and time updates were accurate as of today not sure what was going on.

• QuickUserPSP

@Greg Brown after doing the "Update Now" on each account, have you tried doing an OSU? I am wondering if the "Update Now" resolved the issue?

• Jeff Hendrickson
    Jeff Hendrickson Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Getting a CC-501 error on six (6) different accounts (Jun 3, 2024). Quicken Classic Business and Personal R56.9 Windows 11.

• QuickUserPSP
    edited June 3

I am hoping that this CC-501 error across multiple accounts is being looked at, or at least acknowledged as an issue by Quicken Inc. I haven't seen any announcement so far, or at least I couldn't find one.

One thing that might help is to submit a "Report a Problem". The more users that do this, the better.

Otherwise, the only other avenue is to contact Quicken Support, which isn't advisable if you do not have an hour or more to invest with no guarantee of any meaningful results.

• Greg Brown

yes I did do that and no, it did not help as I reported. I did a file validate, and the problem has been resolved. The question I have is this a temporary resolution and a luck of the draw is it going to reappear?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @Jeff Hendrickson,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. What is the exact error message you're seeing (for example, a "not your fault" error)? Are these 6 accounts with the same financial institution, or with different financial institutions? Which financial institution(s) is this happening with?

To start troubleshooting, if this issue is affecting multiple financial institutions, please try refreshing your authentication token by logging out of Quicken, then logging back in again. To do this, go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID and Cloud Accounts. Then click the blue "Sign in as a different user" link.

When the confirmation box comes up, type "yes", then click the Sign Out button. Once Quicken finishes logging you out, it will bring you back to the login screen. Login with your Quicken ID (the email associated with your Quicken account) and password, then test to see if the issue is resolved. If the issue persists and it's affecting accounts with more than one financial institution, then per the Community Alert linked below, please contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

@QuickUserPSP,

CC-501 errors across multiple financial institutions is a known issue. For more information, click "View Post" to read the Community Alert.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• QuickUserPSP
    edited June 3

@Quicken Kristina thank you for providing the alert. Earlier I searched on "501-CC Alert" and could not locate it. I just tried it again with just "CC-501" with a search criteria "Newest" and found a different alert for the same error with a different ticket number.

Then I paged down several times and found the one you referenced. Sometimes these alerts are difficult to find there is no standard naming convention it seems. There also seems to be multiple tickets for the same issue.

I am not being critical but just pointing out that these alerts and updates are difficult to find. There is no standard alert naming convention. One alert has the error code included in the title, the other doesn't.

Even if I try to narrow the search down, no matter which category group I search in, it brings up all the posts for the whole community. There are also two different "Alerts" categories. It's difficult to know which one to use.

It could be that I am not using the search correctly, but I have never been very successful with searching for and finding alerts for a specific issue. I end up just paging down and scanning for the alert I am looking for.

• wrnoof
    wrnoof Member ✭✭✭

I fixed it doing the folowing:

• Validated and repaired the file - minor errors. Did not fix CC-501 errors but may have been a precedent to next step.
    • Refreshed my authenticatin token by logging out and back into Quicken as described by @Quicken Kristina, above.
    • Ran OSU. There were a handful of "fresh" downloads. Easy enough to delete. No CC-501 errors.
    • Ran OSU again and all is copacetic.

• JimmyO
    JimmyO Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I had the same result. Worked fine one time after the 4 steps above. Tried OSU again and am getting CC-800 and CC-501 errors again.

• Brad2
    Brad2 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

I'm getting Quicken server error 501 on nearly all accounts today. Tried repair/validate but still not downloading account data.

This discussion has been closed.