Can't find way to save a report in R57.16, Windows

26@harrich
26@harrich Member ✭✭

I can't find the control to save my modified Account Balances report below.

Windows 11 Home X64: R57.16. Build 271.57.16. Recent update.

Harry

Comments

• jeeper
    jeeper Member ✭✭✭

have you hovered over the icons ?
    looks like they may have changed the "save" icon - 2 steps to the right of the Printer ?

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, that green icon 2 items over from the printer icon looks like an old floppy disc which usually means save.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

The prior icon was so apparent … wonder why someone felt the need to change it?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jeeper
    jeeper Member ✭✭✭

they changed from the 3" floppy to the 5" floppy or even the 8" original floppy

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a Preference which adds labels to the icons.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 23

It is so ironic that the "standard" is an icon of a media that at least the last two generations haven't used, but they still know it means save.

You got to give the graphic designers something to do every once in a while. 🤣

P.S. I have the same icons, and yes, the "green floppy" is the save button.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jeeper
    jeeper Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 23

as @Rocket J Squirrel mentioned - Edit — Preferences — Reports & Graphs — Report Toolbar — Show Icons & Text

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

At times in the past, I have wished for an option the just shows the text without the icons.

People think that icons are "intuitive", but in reality, with very few exceptions you just learn what they mean.

Signature:
  • 26@harrich
    26@harrich Member ✭✭

Thanks, all. I'm dealing with what is likely a temporary vision problem. So, in addition to not picking up that the green thing was supposed to be a new version of the floppy disk, my enlarged mouse pointer was obscuring the hover text. Personally, I think the notion of intuitive interface was invented primarily to excuse failure to go through the expensive process of writing and verifying user documentation. Have you ever gone through the list of "intuitive" gestures for a touchscreen?

Harry
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

Have you ever gone through the list of "intuitive" gestures for a touchscreen?

Wow! I never really thought much about this one, but now that you mention it, this one that takes me forever to learn even a couple of these!

Signature:
This discussion has been closed.