Download not matching

jobworker
jobworker Quicken Mac Subscription Mac Beta Beta

This topic has come up before and I had indicated that transactions often did not "Match" because there were slight differences between the downloaded transaction and the resident one. However I have now experienced this non matching situation consistently with transactions downloaded from Schwab where everything matches completely. In other instances, with other accounts, it has always turned out to be a slight difference, but not here at Schwab. See screen shot.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @jobworker,

Are you experiencing this issue in your main file or your beta file?

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jobworker

Hi @Jasmine, Yes I experience this with Schwab on both my main file and the Beta.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @jobworker,

Thank you for clarifying.

Due to the nature of this issue, I suggest contacting Quicken Support directly for further assistance as an escalation may be in order. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jobworker

Will do.

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Just out of curiosity …

Which two of the three transactions are you trying to match together?
    #1 (blue clock icon) with #2
    or #3 (red clock icon) with #2
    or …?

• jobworker

Blue dot downloaded icon and red icon below the green line both dated 07/08/24

• UKR

Thanks.
    I'm confused now. According to the Q Mac Help https://help.quicken.com/display/MAC/Status+icons+in+your+Quicken+account+register the red clock icon represents an overdue scheduled transaction.
    Don't you have to record a scheduled transaction first, to make it a regular register transaction, before you can do anything else with it, like matching? (At least, that's what I always have to do in my Q Windows).

• jobworker

@UKR The scheduled date is equal to the unmatched download date. As you can see the next moths transaction is also scheduled for the date that the transfer is due. This unmatched situation occurred the previous day to the date when the screen was taken, see the date on the top left hand corner of the screen shot. Are you suggesting that I should have marked the transaction as deposited so that when the deposit transaction comes in it matches. That would mean extra effort in finding daily transactions and marking them as paid or deposited. I do not necessarily do this as you can see in the two screen shots I am providing below one taken just before a download and the other directly after the download. Note that the mortgage payment is unmarked as paid in the earlier screen shot but is match in the second one. That leaves me not sure of what you are seeing that I am missing.

Besides I have other payment issues scheduled with Wells F, where the download transactions sometimes comes in later than the transactions scheduled date, say for instance because of a weekend, but they still match. I have played around with the Schwab expected transfer dates but with no better result which is why I have brought the issue up. The transfer data to the bank is also a scheduled transaction and always matches. It is only the Schwab half of the action that does not match.

• UKR

Sorry, I won't be able to help you with this issue. That's "above my paygrade". I'm only a lowly Q Windows user … 😀

Another Q Mac expert user or somebody from Quicken Mac Support will have to chime in here.
    As a Q Mac Beta tester, have you tried running this up the Beta flagpole?

P.S.: If I may suggest … if possible please include column headers with each of your image submissions, to help identify each column's contents.

• jobworker

@UKR Thanks for getting into the act here on this issue. I appreciate your perspective and, yes, I usually give the headings for the screen shots but was so intent on the data side just before doing the download that I failed to include the headings so here's a shot of the last screen with the heading included. And I did start this issue on the Beta side and was recommend to bring here by a Quicken person.

• UKR

And I did start this issue on the Beta side and was recommend to bring here by a Quicken person.

Ah, I see … royal run-around in progress …

Unless we can get a Community Moderator to pick up the ball and pass it on to the programmers, or unless we can get other Q Mac expert users to comment in this situation, I'm afraid, you'll have to call Q Support on the phone and discuss this issue with them, for escalation to higher support levels.

This discussion has been closed.