Auto Reconcile All Accounts:

bnwbass
bnwbass Member ✭✭

Below is a snip from the help files: In my case, when I open the gear >(reconcile) I never see this prompt. Where do I find this dialogue box?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

That dialog appears when reconciling Credit Card accounts … not checking type accounts.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

That dialog appears when reconciling Credit Card accounts … not checking type accounts.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• bnwbass
    bnwbass Member ✭✭

Thanks for the response. This was not clear in the help file. Also, would you know if checking accounts registers can be "auto reconciled" without having to "mark all" and finish/done?

Thx

Bw

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2

I'm sorry, but this is an incorrect statement.

The main reason that one won't see this dialog is because they have already selected the first checkbox. (Don't ask me again).

Selecting the first checkbox and not the second, means that when you run reconcile it will skip this dialog and use the Online Balance, but the reconcile window will still come up.

Selecting the second checkbox implies the first, but with the added action that if the reconcile balances the reconcile window will not come up and also that the reconcile will be kicked off when the "download accepting has been completed".

As in if you are using the Downloaded Transactions tab, it will kick in after you have accepted the transactions into the register. If you are using the mode where the transactions go directly into the register it will kick in right after the download has finished. You should never use automatic reconcile and the mode where the transactions go directly into the register at the same time. Reconcile checks the amounts, it doesn't check the categories. One should either be using the Downloaded Transactions tab and checking the categories as accepting the transactions into the register, or they should be using the "review process" for the mode where transactions are downloaded directly into the register. EDIT note that the "review process" will not be possible if the auto reconcile is on because the reconcile will clear all the New and New Match statuses and as such one will not be able to determine which are the new transactions that need to be reviewed for categories and payees.

If you want to change from just reconciling to the Online Balance to automatic reconciling you will need to go to the Account Details → Online Services tab, deselect "Reconcile using online balance", and then OK. From there start a reconcile (Ctrl+R) and now you will get the dialog above and be able to select the Auto reconcile downloaded transactions checkbox.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

One other point, you mentioned "mark all" which the only place I can think that comes up is on the reconcile window. But is only needed when the transactions aren't marked as cleared. Since downloaded transactions are always marked cleared, that sort of implies that you aren't downloading these transactions. If that is the case, then automatic reconcile won't be an option because there won't be an Online Balance since it comes from the downloaded information.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.