How can I get a simple report listing Institution, account name, balance...

Miguel
Miguel Quicken Canada Other Member ✭✭
edited September 9 in All Things Canadian (Windows)

Group by institution and sub-total by instituion and grand total.

It looks to me fairly trivial but I cannot find one.

Thank you.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't believe that report exists in Quicken. I'd say the closest you can get to that in Quicken would be to create a custom Portfolio View where you place the Investment Accounts arranged by Financial Institution, though that won't give you Financial Institution subtotals and it will show all the detail of securities in each Account.

To get what you want from that View you could export that View to Excel, eliminate ll the security details, and create your own Financial Institution subtotals.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl Quicken Windows Other SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I would love that feature. It should be added as an Idea. But I don't think there's anyway to implement it since Quicken doesn't use sub Accounts. They would probably have to add some sort of group button on the Account List. I have Excel worksheets I enter my balances on. The only thing you can do is make a separate report for each institution for those accounts.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

I don't understand this statement. The Financial institution name is part of the Account Details. It wouldn't be 100% for downloaded accounts since your 401K and your brokerage accounts might have a different financial institution assigned to it, but it should be pretty close. And for manual accounts it would work fine. There isn't a need for sub-accounts.

You are just grouping the report based on this field:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • volvogirl

Well what do ya know. That column wasn't showing in my account list. I didn't know you could pick columns under Options. But my institutions are all blank. Can I add them here on the Account list or do I need to edit each account?

• volvogirl
    edited August 9

I tried to Edit Account and typed Wells Fargo in the institution box but it won't save. It won't populate. I have Q2013 and always did manual.

EDIT: I got it to populate! I had to put a number in the Account Number box right below the name.

• Chris_QPW
    edited August 9

Not sure what is going on for you version of Quicken, but in the screenshot you see above the Synchrony Savings accounts are all manual entry accounts.

EDIT: and yes you have to do it one per account, on the Account Details dialog.

Signature:
  • volvogirl

Did you see my edit? I got it to work.

• Chris_QPW

I must have been posting my comment at the same time you were.

Signature:
This discussion has been closed.