TD Online Banking - Still Not Downloading Transactions, Online Summary shows 2026 date

drew2u
drew2u Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

I'm aware of the post from yesterday that TD Online Banking issues have been resolved. However, as of today I'm still not getting any new transactions downloaded, so I deactivated only services and started over to see if that would fix anything. Unfortunately, it hasn't - and I see two additional point of concern not present for me before: (1) the online balance date in One Step Update Summary is 2 years in the future, and (2) online balance is showing $0.00, where before it was the true TD balance on my account .

I have 3 TD Bank accounts (USA): Checking, Savings, Credit Card. All are set with Financial Institution = TD Bank Online Banking and Connection Method = Direct Connect.

When I click to update, it finishes instantly with no errors and shows "3 accounts updated, 0 new" - but note the date for online balance: 11/8/2026.

So something's still not right with my specific TD user account or with TD in general.

I'm going to give it a bit longer (to Monday), but I'm wondering if anyone else successfully downloaded, are you using "TD Bank Online Banking" and "Direct Connect" for Online Services, and are you seeing future dates after a download?

Comments

• drew2u

PS Regarding Deactivation and setting up online connections again, this is how I did it and what occurred:

in each of my 3 TD accounts in Quick, I selected DEACTIVATE. Acknowledged warnings about online banking, and YES'd to deactivate. Done. Confirmed all three no longer had online services active.

Went to a single TD account in Quicken, Checking, selected ACTIVATE (or whatever the option is called - can't recall), was informed of what Quick collects/sees, clicked CONTINUE/NEXT, entered TD username and password in a dialog in Quicken (not a web form at the bank's web site), it saw all three accounts. Each was pre-linked them to my existing accounts appropriately so I started the downloaded and it instantly completed with the same "0 new transactions" message, but no errors.

So Quicken can correctly see all of my TD accounts when setting up connection, but isn't seeing any new transactions (my last transactions downloaded from TD was 8/7 and there have been many new transactions across all three accounts since then), is reporting online balance of $0.00, and shows the balance date is in 2026.

As I wrote above, I'll check again on Monday and hope for better results.

• raylaw2
    raylaw2 Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Tried downloading on 8-25 and 8-26 On 8-24 got a message from quicken saying problems on TD's side — do not attempt to reset. DSo i postponed till 8-25

On 8-25 i got a "download successful" but there are no transactions showing.

Will wait an try again on Mon.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @raylaw2,

Thank you for coming to share.

Please let us know how it goes tomorrow!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• drew2u

Hi @Quicken Jasmine - do you have any thoughts on why the download summary is showing a 2026 date for online balance? See my screen captures in the first post.

I'm wondering if TD jumped the gun say "all resolved" …

• markquick
    markquick Quicken Mac Subscription Member

I'm also running into an issue with connecting to TD Bank. It's been a few weeks now, and I'm still getting "OFX Error: 2000" even after deactivating and trying to reactive the connection.

• drew2u
    edited August 26

FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK! 😎

In brief: switch Financial Institution from "TD Bank Online Banking" (direct connect) to "TD Bank Web Connect".

My Steps:

Edit each TD account in Quicken and deactivate online services, then go to the General Tab and clear out the current financial institution value (remove "TD Bank Online Banking").

When done, edit any TD account, activate online services. When searching, put in TD followed by a space, because by itself "TD" yields yields no hits. Select TD Bank Web Connect.

Enter your credentials in the TD web form that opens in your browser.

Link your accounts from TD to Quicken accounts.

Voila!

In my case, it didn't download transactions from the beginning of time, it only downloaded transactions since my last successful download at the beginning of August, so it was perfect for me.

Hope it works for anyone else having issues…

(I don't know which method is supposed to be used, but this is the only one working for me, so I'll use it.)

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @drew2u,

We are happy to hear that this issue is resolved for you!

Hello @markquick,

Are you still receiving an OFX2000 error with your TD Bank accounts?

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello All,

We do now have this active alert which you can bookmark for further updates. The alert states to attempt to reactivate/deactivate your TD Bank accounts, if this does not resolve the issue then please reach out directly to Quicken Support.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

• drew2u

Hi @Quicken Jasmine , I'm glad you posted an alert, but based on what I've discovered and what was "seconded" by almost every other reply in my "resolution" thread is that the key to fixing this is to clear the financial institution and switch from "TD Bank Online Banking" as the FI to "TD Bank Web Connect" as the FI. As I posted in that thread, I don't know which method is the correct one, but ONLY the FI named web connect is working to download transactions from TD. There's a problem with the direct connect FI named "TD Bank Online Banking" that simply deactivating and reactivating isn't fixing…

Please see this thread and the many replies saying that clearing and switching FI worked to resume downloads:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7955390/resolution-for-td-banking-downloads-switch-to-td-bank-web-connect-from-td-bank-online-banking

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @drew2u,

Thank you for sharing this information with other users!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.