CHASE updates not working

DRMick
DRMick Member ✭✭✭

Win-11 Q -R58.9

Starting 8/12/24, Updates with Chase Bank stopped working. I have 3 Chase accounts: Checking, Savings and Visa CC. I peformed a EDIT ACCOUNT/ RESET on Chase. Chase reports 3 accounts but when It switches back to Quicken, It only let me reset one account. The Checking account now works. I tried it on the Visa CC and the Savings account separately. It completes the RESET update without error but WILL NOT DOWNLOAD ANY TRANSACTIONS!

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @DRMick,

We do currently have an active alert regarding missing transactions with Chase account(s). You can follow this link to access that alert. The alert does include some troubleshooting steps to attempt which you can find below as well as in the alert.

1. Go to the account register you're having trouble with
    2. Click the Gear icon in the upper right
    3. Click Update Now
    4. Repeat this process for all of your Chase accounts

If that doesn't show new transactions in the register, then try this:

1. Go to Tools > Account List
    2. Click Edit on your impacted Chase account
    3. On the Online Services tab, click Reset
    4. Follow any prompts to log in, if needed, and then update your accounts again

Finally, if the above steps aren't helpful, you can refresh your financial institution information in Quicken:

1. Choose Tools menu > Online Center.
    2. Select the financial institution you want to update from the Financial Institution drop-down menu.
    3. While pressing CTRL+F3 on your keyboard, click Contact info at the top of the screen. You must do all three at the same time.
    4. Select the financial institution you want to update, and click Refresh. The branding and profile information will be listed under current status as needs updating.
    5. Click OK.
    6. Click Update/Send, enter your financial institution Password, and select OK. Follow any additional instructions. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭

I ran the suggested routines and no. 3 seemed to work. It downloaded one transaction from today. It did not download to match the previous 2 weeks of transactions. I will see if that solved our problem as time rolls forward..

Thank you.

McD

• DrBillSFO
    DrBillSFO Member ✭✭

I tried all 3 suggestions. None worked. All of my Chase VISA transactions I manually entered since 8/23/2024 are listed as "Uncleared" in the left column of the register. Now what?

• DrBillSFO
    DrBillSFO Member ✭✭

I also tried Quicken Kristina's 2023 suggestion in the link above (i.e., go to the Chase.com website, deactivate Quicken there, return to Quicken and activate online setup within Quicken for the Chase accounts). This didn't work either. Chase VISA credit card transactions since 8/23/2024 and thereafter are still showing as "Uncleared".

• DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭

It appears that using the Online Center to Refresh my Chase Visa worked , at least 2 days in a row so far.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @DRMick,

Thank you for coming back to let us know, I am happy to hear that the issue appears resolved for you!

Hello @DrBillSFO,

As per the alert: If you're still missing transactions after following the steps above, please reach out to us at Customer Care so we can investigate further.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Janet Wenholz
    Janet Wenholz Member ✭✭

I have had the same issue off and on ever since the "pending transactions" feature was added. I have reported it several times. I have tried all the above suggestions and none have worked. I have just deactivated my online transactions for both of my Chase accounts to see if I can do a file download & get things balanced. It seems that some accounts count the "pending" transactions as updates, but then never move them over to cleared.

• DrBillSFO
    DrBillSFO Member ✭✭

Unfortunately, none of those recommended steps worked. Meanwhile, my new VISA transactions continued to mount on the Chase website beginning 8/23/2024, but did not get downloaded to my Quicken Classic Premier with either One Step Update or with Chase specific Express Web Connect+ transaction download attempts.

So, in order to keep my Chase accounts on Quicken correct, on 9/2/2024 I decided to do a .QFX file import from Chase for the affected dates, 8/23/2024-9/2/2024. All the missing transactions were downloaded.

Now, it's probably just a coincidence, but on subsequent days this week, my Chase VISA transactions appear to be downloading correctly to Quicken Classic Premier with each One Step Update. That said, I'll contact Customer Care if I experience further issues with my Chase VISA transaction download attempts.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @Janet Wenholz and @DrBillSFO ,

I do apologize that the troubleshooting steps did not work for you. Please keep an eye on the alert for any further updates.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

• DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 6

Janet Wenholz Member ✭✭September 4

It seems that some accounts count the "pending" transactions as updates, but then never move them over to cleared.

I am seeing this action occurring on my Chase Visa also. I will continue to monitor as new transactions come through. DRMick

• DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 23

Ever since I installed the last update R58.14, OSU started working correctly again. The OSU summary is back, transaction matching is working. All accounts seem to be working again. I could not find a description in the Release Notes to match my issue, but it works. Thanks! This post may be closed.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @DRMick,

Thanks for coming back to update us, I am happy to hear that the issue is resolved for you!

-Quicken Jasmine