Wells Fargo Web Connect no longer including Payee name in downloads

This is similar to a Dec 2023 issue reported with Quicken Classic for Mac. I am using Quicken Classic Premier for Windows. I have used Wb Connect to download my Wells Fargo account updates for more than 10 years,. This week download information has changed such that it no longer include payee information. Where it use to include payee name, which Quicken used to populate the Payee register fields, the download now contains payee name of "'" (all 3 symbols) for ALL payee names. This is true for all Wells Fargo Web Connect downloads for all accounts. I now have to login to my Wells Fargo Account and lookup payee names for every transaction. I do not know if this 'break' is on Quicken or Wells Fargo.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @gjmcdermott,

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding your Wells Fargo account(s) to see if the same issue occurs. You can create a test file by navigating to File > New > Start from Scratch. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding. I also advise that you disconnect your Wells Fargo accounts in your main file before adding them in a new file.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Just out of curiosity … is it possible that a Renaming Rule was created for a payee name of "`"? If so, delete it.

Now, under Q Windows, are your accounts connected using "Express Web Connect" (with or without an added + sign)? Or are you downloading QFX files from the WF website (that's what Windows users call "Web connect")?

• I couldn't find any renaming rule with '"' in it. Also, I get my transactions from WF via Web Connect with QFX file downloads.

• The problem seems to have resolved itself. I believe the issue was in the QFX files generated by Wells Fargo.

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Shhhh! Not so loud! Murphy might hear you! ☺️☺️

Have you tried activating your WF accounts for download with One Step Update? Normally that works better than picking QFX files from the website.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @gjmcdermott,

Thank you for coming back to update us. I am happy to hear that the issue was resolved on its own!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.