Update #16 from Quicken Marcus

Options
124»

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

Hi Marcus -- I wanted to thank you and your team for your work on this project. I know a lot of the comments are negative, but as someone who was stuck with Essentials for five years, I can say this is a significant improvement (if lacking in certain Q2007 features).

You mentioned that this board is the best place to report problems to your team. I'm not clear on whether you and your team are working on mobile issues, or whether that is a separate team, but I wanted to post this comment here in the hopes that you can at least direct the issue to the right place.

The balances for certain accounts do not display correctly in my mobile app. They are correct in my desktop application, and the individual transactions seem to display properly in the mobile app, but the totals in the mobile app are wrong. For some reason, this is only for credit card balances (cash/checking/savings accounts are fine). I also note that they all err in the direction of showing way too high a balance on the cards (roughly 2x-4x the actual balance). I tried resetting cloud data, but a new sync just resulted in wrong figures again (in fact, the same wrong numbers that showed up before).

I am not sure whether this is a problem with the code in the desktop app for syncing information to the cloud, the code in the mobile app totaling the transactions incorrectly, or something else.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thomas said:

Marcus,

I have recently upgraded from Essentials to Quicken for Mac 2015. Where do we channel information on problems that we find with the application.

I will try using negative numbers, but I do recall being able to do this in Essentials. If you take a look at the investments category in Quicken 2015 you will see mixed subcategories also. It comes down to reporting. I have a category that money flows in and out and in the reporting I will see it balance out to zero, which is what is desired.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

I am missing the bill pay feature in QM2015 (I am a recent convert from QW2014 Premier).  However, I think the problem is more difficult since, when I manually make a payment on my bank's website, the scheduled payment doesn't show up in QM2015 on the next sync.  Do I also need to manually enter the payment I made at my bank into QM2015?  If so, that is pretty inefficient.

Is QM15 a 'permanent' license or is $75 a 1 year subscription to crippleware?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2016
    Options

I am missing the bill pay feature in QM2015 (I am a recent convert from QW2014 Premier).  However, I think the problem is more difficult since, when I manually make a payment on my bank's website, the scheduled payment doesn't show up in QM2015 on the next sync.  Do I also need to manually enter the payment I made at my bank into QM2015?  If so, that is pretty inefficient.

It's a permanent license. Although Intuit releases new versions of Quicken annually, you can continue using whatever version you bought indefinitely. (The ability to download from financial institutions is capped at three years -- or in this case, slightly longer: April, 2018.) There is no automatic renewal or requirement to purchase annually.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

You meant to say "3 years or until Intuit produces a new version of Quicken, whichever is longer." (Billpay and download still works using Q2007 which is now 7 years old.)

But I do wonder if Intuit will follow the trend and eventually move Quicken solely to software-as-a-service with 1-year service contracts. Of course, such a model makes no sense if the software isn't being maintained. (It would have sucked to have been paying yearly fees for Q2007. Although the billpay presumably costs Intuit something, it has to be a lot less than full software support.)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    JohnDavis said:

Marcus - I posted this under a different topic, but hope you will read it here and respond. I installed Mac 2015 a couple of days ago and converted my QE file. I am having trouble with the mobile sync. I turned it on and every time I do a sync, it tries to upload ALL my transactions (several thousand) over and over. This causes my syncs to be very slow. If I turn mobile sync off, everything works fine but just as soon as I turn it on the slow syncs reappear. It is like it starts all over. For the time being I am just not doing mobile syncs or using the mobile app. But the problem is that is the main reason I moved from QE to Mac 2015 and spent the $75. Can someone look at this problem?

Definitely having trouble with syncing - first sync shows 10 accounts on mobile - then, after subsequent syncs in QM2015, I only see 5 accounts on my iPhone Quicken app.  Really a problem.  And transactions aren't syncing back and forth either.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    JohnDavis said:

Marcus - I posted this under a different topic, but hope you will read it here and respond. I installed Mac 2015 a couple of days ago and converted my QE file. I am having trouble with the mobile sync. I turned it on and every time I do a sync, it tries to upload ALL my transactions (several thousand) over and over. This causes my syncs to be very slow. If I turn mobile sync off, everything works fine but just as soon as I turn it on the slow syncs reappear. It is like it starts all over. For the time being I am just not doing mobile syncs or using the mobile app. But the problem is that is the main reason I moved from QE to Mac 2015 and spent the $75. Can someone look at this problem?

Definitely the sync (refresh) button on the main interface (lower left-hand corner) seems to be the problem and cleaning things up with the Preferences... Mobile and Alerts... Sync Now seems to sync better.  But still a little messy and appears unreliable.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Using the latest release of Quicken 2015 (2.0.3), I continue to have difficulty with Windows file conversions even though this issue was meant to be resolved with the latest release. After using the latest version of the Windows converter (provided by Quicken 2015 2.0.3) I continue to receive read only errors after converting a file and I also receive errors that I am not using the latest version of the Windows converter after seemingly downloading the latest version provided by the program. I would appreciate a quick fix to this issue so that I can convert my Windows Premier 2014 file. Thanks.

michaelxjw
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Using the latest release of Quicken 2015 (2.0.3), I continue to have difficulty with Windows file conversions even though this issue was meant to be resolved with the latest release. After using the latest version of the Windows converter (provided by Quicken 2015 2.0.3) I continue to receive read only errors after converting a file and I also receive errors that I am not using the latest version of the Windows converter after seemingly downloading the latest version provided by the program. I would appreciate a quick fix to this issue so that I can convert my Windows Premier 2014 file. Thanks.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Jason said:

Hi Marcus -- I wanted to thank you and your team for your work on this project. I know a lot of the comments are negative, but as someone who was stuck with Essentials for five years, I can say this is a significant improvement (if lacking in certain Q2007 features).

You mentioned that this board is the best place to report problems to your team. I'm not clear on whether you and your team are working on mobile issues, or whether that is a separate team, but I wanted to post this comment here in the hopes that you can at least direct the issue to the right place.

The balances for certain accounts do not display correctly in my mobile app. They are correct in my desktop application, and the individual transactions seem to display properly in the mobile app, but the totals in the mobile app are wrong. For some reason, this is only for credit card balances (cash/checking/savings accounts are fine). I also note that they all err in the direction of showing way too high a balance on the cards (roughly 2x-4x the actual balance). I tried resetting cloud data, but a new sync just resulted in wrong figures again (in fact, the same wrong numbers that showed up before).

I am not sure whether this is a problem with the code in the desktop app for syncing information to the cloud, the code in the mobile app totaling the transactions incorrectly, or something else.

I have also encountered what I believe to be a bug, or a problem in the way that either Quicken 2015 or its underlying programming language handles addition and subtraction of floating point numbers. It's kind of hard to explain in writing, and I don't want to lay bare all my investment information in a public forum, but if you have a link or email address for us to send screenshots or other files to report bugs then please let us know.

When I sell off all the shares of a particular security, the share balance of the security usually goes to 0.00 and it is no longer displayed on the "Portfolio" tab. However, for one security, when I sold off all shares the share balance went to 0 (no decimals), and I am still prompted on the "Portfolio" tab to enter cost basis information for (zero shares of) that security. I think this is probably due to a hidden factional share out somewhere multiple decimal places. However, I checked all the transactions leading up to the sell-off, and they were downloaded/entered correctly, they are entered only up to 4 decimal places, and the math checks out on a calculator. The security should be all gone. Strangely enough, when I sum the same buy/sell share values in a spreadsheet on Excel, I also get a minuscule number in scientific notation rather than a round zero.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    This thread has become an unwieldy mix of questions and issue reports that may or may not be related to the original topic. If you have a QMac2015 issue, please start a new topic and include the details of your issue. If you have a suggestion you'd like to discuss, please start a new topic and tag with the Quicken Mac future tag or post your idea on the QMac2015 feedback page:

http://intuitquicken.zuberance.com/reviewV2/start/92868615

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.