Quicken for Mac 2016 v3.3.0 & 3.3.1 Released

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Ed Cribb said:

How to enter PUT and CALL options so they will show up in the  Capital Gains report I creat each week. The SHORT SELLS seem to be the real problem as they never show up in ANY report; not even in the REALIZED GAINS tab in my Brokerage account

Still no luck, Marcus. With the PUT Spreads that I trade, one side of the trade is a normal BUY-SELL and displays properly in the Cap Gains or Sked D report; it is the other side of the trade that will not work. I've tried both procedures, using BUY-SELL and then trying the SELL SHORT-BUY TO COVER. I think it has something to do with the program not allowing a Sell date to occur before a Buy date? This happens when you Sell Short an Option or an equity.
  • Quicken Marcus
    Quicken Marcus Employee ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Ed Cribb said:

How to enter PUT and CALL options so they will show up in the  Capital Gains report I creat each week. The SHORT SELLS seem to be the real problem as they never show up in ANY report; not even in the REALIZED GAINS tab in my Brokerage account

I'll contact you separately to get more specifics.  Since I'm not familiar with Puts and Calls I'll need an exact example with numbers to be able to get you an answer.  Thanks for reporting this.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

[mention://92472 [mention://92472 @Quicken Marcus]] BTW, love your level of transparency, involvement, attentiveness, and promptness, both before you left and since your return. Very much appreciated and a real breath of fresh air. May this be contagious and influence the corporate culture. Keep up the good work.  :+1:

I have a bug that I found in quicken for mac release 3.3.1 and hope this is the place to report it. When I go to update all online accounts a box appears with a big Q and next to it is says: FloridaCentral CU is not currently available. Please try again later" I have the option to click the OK button and I do and it then just continues to connect normally and update the accounts and download the transactions even FloridaCentral CU and everything works perfectly. The problem is that the box that appears at the beginning for FloridaCentral CU never appeared before I updated to release 3.3.1 and it does it everytime now that is very annoying and basically not needed as it does connect as I have told you. Hope you can help get this fixed or tell me what to do to fix this. Thanks
  • Quicken Tamara
    Quicken Tamara Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

[mention://92472 [mention://92472 @Quicken Marcus]] BTW, love your level of transparency, involvement, attentiveness, and promptness, both before you left and since your return. Very much appreciated and a real breath of fresh air. May this be contagious and influence the corporate culture. Keep up the good work.  :+1:

[mention://4334475 @rayrol] - Check your Hidden Accounts to see if there's one that's activated for FLCentral CU. Accounts > Hide & Show Accounts
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Yes it is activated and not hidden and downloads perfectly but I get the box that i previously mentioned that comes that i have to click ok that was not coming up before I updated to the new release 3.3.1
  • Quicken Tamara
    edited December 2016
    Options
    opt said:

i really like the new budget feature. I did notice that I had to deactivate my checking account after new transactions did not update in quicken. After I re-activated the account, the download worked and the transactions appeared. That was the only 'issue' that I have found. I am working in the budget to fully understand the options and so far so good! I have heard others mention quarterly reporting, and print or csv options, and I agree.
    Thanks Quicken Team.

[mention://4065610 @opt] - Try this if you see this happen again, rather than deactivating the account. What happens if you use Force Refresh? Window > Account Status, Option + Shift + Click Update and choose Force Refresh.
  • Quicken Tamara
    edited December 2016
    Options

Sorry, let me try again. This typically happens when you have an account in your file that is activated for download at the FI but is no longer available at the FI - example, a credit card that has been replaced.

The reason most folks don't see that account is because they have it Hidden but didn't realize it was still activated for download.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

I do not understand what FI is? This account is the same account and has had no changes and I looked to see if it showed hidden or not and it was not checked. It does download fine but gives the annoying box that comes up as I have already explained.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    opt said:

i really like the new budget feature. I did notice that I had to deactivate my checking account after new transactions did not update in quicken. After I re-activated the account, the download worked and the transactions appeared. That was the only 'issue' that I have found. I am working in the budget to fully understand the options and so far so good! I have heard others mention quarterly reporting, and print or csv options, and I agree.
    Thanks Quicken Team.

I tried that and now it does not update that account at all and now does not do another account my Alabama Savings. This is getting worse rather than better. HELP??
  • Quicken Tamara
    edited December 2016
    Options

FI = Financial Institution.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

I deactivated the account and reactivated it and the box is still coming up annoying but now downloads and updates the account. Force restart was bad and did nothing but caused problems. So you still have a bug with the box coming up that should not since it does download and update the accounts as they should. Please let me know what to do to stop this box coming up? Thanks
  • pauldv172
    pauldv172 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    RickO said:

This may be a bit off topic, but I was hoping that the pencil/envelop icon issues might be resolved in this release. Any idea when?

To review the issues: 

1) If you have a manually entered transaction that never gets downloaded (e.g. a voided check), then the orange pencil never turns blue and therefore never can be cleared by marking the transaction as reviewed.

2) The blue envelop icons that result when a Direct Connect Bill Pay transaction is downloaded and matched do not disappear when the transaction is marked as reviewed.

I guess its just RickO and myself that gets has this problem.  Never seems to get any response for this problem.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Quicken Marcus:

This is a thread that seems to have gone dead and as you are really good about answering and resolving, I hope that you can provide the answers that I am requesting. Thanks in advance for your help.

I have a bug that I found in quicken for mac release 3.3.1 and hope this is the place to report it. When I go to update all online accounts a box appears with a big Q and next to it is says: FloridaCentral CU is not currently available. Please try again later" I have the option to click the OK button and I do and it then just continues to connect normally and update the accounts and download the transactions even FloridaCentral CU and everything works perfectly. The problem is that the box that appears at the beginning for FloridaCentral CU never appeared before I updated to release 3.3.1 and it does it everytime now that is very annoying and basically not needed as it does connect as I have told you. Hope you can help get this fixed or tell me what to do to fix this. Thanks
    rayrol 14 hours ago
    @rayrol - Check your Hidden Accounts to see if there's one that's activated for FLCentral CU. Accounts > Hide & Show Accounts
    Quicken Tamara 14 hours ago
    Yes it is activated and not hidden and downloads perfectly but I get the box that i previously mentioned that comes that i have to click ok that was not coming up before I updated to the new release 3.3.1
    rayrol 14 hours ago
    Sorry, let me try again. This typically happens when you have an account in your file that is activated for download at the FI but is no longer available at the FI - example, a credit card that has been replaced.

The reason most folks don't see that account is because they have it Hidden but didn't realize it was still activated for download.
    I do not understand what FI is? This account is the same account and has had no changes and I looked to see if it showed hidden or not and it was not checked. It does download fine but gives the annoying box that comes up as I have already explained.
    rayrol 14 hours ago
    Quicken Tamara 13 hours ago
    I deactivated the account and reactivated it and the box is still coming up annoying but now downloads and updates the account. Force restart was bad and did nothing but caused problems. So you still have a bug with the box coming up that should not since it does download and update the accounts as they should. Please let me know what to do to stop this box coming up? Thanks
    rayrol 13 hours ago

Can someone just let me know if this is being worked on to fix or nothing is going to be done? I have done all that you have recommended and still not fixed. Just would like an answer either way? Thanks
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2016
    Options
    RickO said:

This may be a bit off topic, but I was hoping that the pencil/envelop icon issues might be resolved in this release. Any idea when?

To review the issues: 

1) If you have a manually entered transaction that never gets downloaded (e.g. a voided check), then the orange pencil never turns blue and therefore never can be cleared by marking the transaction as reviewed.

2) The blue envelop icons that result when a Direct Connect Bill Pay transaction is downloaded and matched do not disappear when the transaction is marked as reviewed.

[mention://4161011 @pauldv172]: No, this happens to everyone as [mention://56982 @RickO] described above. I'm not sure what response you're expecting though. It's been reported to Quicken, but they have not yet implemented a change to the behavior. I'm guessing that since it's benign issue -- that is, it doesn't adversely affect the operation of the program; it just looks annoying --the development team has deemed this a lower priority than other things they've tackled.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2016
    Options
    RickO said:

To review the issues: 

While it may not affect the functionality of the program in a strict sense, it does have an impact on the time spent  by the user. This is because... if it worked "properly" a quick scan down the column would let you see that everything's been taken care of. As it is now, it takes a more thorough look and that takes a little more time. Not a huge deal, but sure would be nice if it got fixed.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    edited December 2016
    Options

Quicken Marcus:

This is a thread that seems to have gone dead and as you are really good about answering and resolving, I hope that you can provide the answers that I am requesting. Thanks in advance for your help.

rayrol 14 hours ago
    @rayrol - Check your Hidden Accounts to see if there's one that's activated for FLCentral CU. Accounts > Hide & Show Accounts
    rayrol 14 hours ago

rayrol 14 hours ago
    rayrol 13 hours ago

Can someone just let me know if this is being worked on to fix or nothing is going to be done? I have done all that you have recommended and still not fixed. Just would like an answer either way? Thanks

[mention://4334475 @rayrol]: Since you've posted this in several places, you might want to consider contacting Quicken Support (quicken.com/contact-support). That's the official channel to get an unresolvable issue escalated to reach the development team. You can either use Chat Support or phone support; the latter typically has a longer wait time.
  • jacobs
    edited December 2016
    Options
    RickO said:

To review the issues: 

Yup, I agree. But there are a bunch of things I can think of that users have reported/complained about that haven't yet been targeted for a fix. For example, the annoying way Quicken Mac handles editing of splits. Or several issues with reconciling, such as splits opening when a transaction is checked. Or the investment portfolio view only displaying two decimal places for number of shares, which doesn't exactly match most people's brokerage statements. Or the inability to configure the left sidebar. Or... you get the idea...
  • RickO
    edited December 2016
    Options
    RickO said:

To review the issues: 

Yes... I guess it's time to go back to the suggestions page and put in all that stuff again. Maybe they'll consider doing a "clean up" release and get a bunch of this stuff taken care of. I'd rather see that happen at this point than another release of new features.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Quicken Marcus:

rayrol 14 hours ago
    rayrol 14 hours ago

rayrol 14 hours ago
    rayrol 13 hours ago

I understand but just Would like Quicken Marcus to say they are working on it, on a list or whatever. He is the one that requested all these bugs to be put here. So just looking for a response from Quicken Marcus on this???
  • pauldv172
    pauldv172 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    RickO said:

To review the issues: 

Agreed.  I think the voting page should be used only for enhancements not for bugs.  You enter the problem on that page and it disappears to never-land.  We need a page to enter bugs and be able to see a complete list of these bugs.  The quicken team can sort them so we at least know that maybe ours is not being worked on because there are more important ones ahead of mine.
  • RickO
    edited December 2016
    Options
    RickO said:

To review the issues: 

As a user, complete transparency is nice. But as a developer, too much transparency can become a pain. A balance is needed, and it seems to me that the Quicken team is moving toward more transparency while keeping it reasonable from their side. I'm glad that's happening. I do agree, however, that a running list of known/acknowledged issues would be nice to have. Perhaps the Quicken team can come up with something that wouldn't be too onerous for them.
  • J. Holmes
    J. Holmes Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    RickO said:

To review the issues: 

As a Software Development Product Manager - I applaud Quicken for their efforts.  I too believe they are moving in the right direction.    I know we all want everything fixed immediately.  Notably, I myself have my own ideas of how I would like to see the product evolve.   But when I look at things through my professional lens, I understand the complexities and challenges that they are faced with.  Kudos to Team Quicken.
  • pauldv172
    pauldv172 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    RickO said:

To review the issues: 

Agree 100%.  I must apologize. I did not mean to make it appear that I did not think the quicken team is not responding to our needs.  I have not seen any software company or other company for that matter, that has listened to their customers as much as Quicken.   I applaud them for that.  Just want to be able to understand what other users are having for issues and not keep entering duplicates into the voting area.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited December 2016
    Options

Quicken Marcus:

rayrol 14 hours ago
    rayrol 14 hours ago

rayrol 14 hours ago
    rayrol 13 hours ago

rayrol I think this is best to work with support.  I was letting Quicken Tamara answer your questions because she's better versed in this type of thing.  Quite honestly I don't think the issue you're seeing is universal which makes it a unique situation with your particular financial institutions or your setup.  I don't think 3.3.1 would do anything to make this happen.  If others are seeing the same exact thing then please chime in.  In this post I'm mostly interested in getting on top of major issues with the release that lots of people are running into or hearing about major features people want addressed.   That's not to say that your issue isn't important because it is and it might still be a problem in 3.3.1 but if it is isolated then it's best to work 1 on 1 with one of our dedicated support agents who work with customers all of the time with banking connectivity issues.  With 14K banking institutions who all do different things in terms of sending information to Quicken many of the support calls are about bank connectivity issues so they are experts in getting people reconnected.  Wait times are a little long now because of the end of the 3 year service cycle but they are the experts.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited December 2016
    Options
    RickO said:

To review the issues: 

Quicken Jeff will reply to this shortly.  We read this post a few days ago but have been swamped with stuff.  He's been giving it some thought.
  • Tomi
    Tomi Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options

After updating to v3.3.1 I am experiencing issues with the account downloads. This feature worked (at least connected to my accounts and downloaded transactions) prior to the update.  First, the software stopped downloading one of my accounts and listed it as an option to connect.  So I went through the interface to "Try to Connect" the account and that account was not listed as an option to connect to.  So after reading several other comments on similar issues I decided to deactivate downloads for all my accounts with this bank (Redstone Federal Credit Union) and attempt to reconnect (and link) them to my Quicken accounts.  Now the only account that will link is the Checking Account.  All the others are listed as accounts (except the first one mentioned above), but when I click the dropdown list to select Link... the only option is to link to the checking account.  So now in Quicken the only option I am given is to link all 8 of my accounts at this bank to my checking account.  So, now I'm left with some major issues and no longer able to download anything.  Please note this as a potential bug in v3.3.1 and/or provide a way to resolve this within my current version.
  • Tomi
    Tomi Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Excited to have the 12 month budget feature back, but there are still some issues with the budget feature that need tweaking.  I will try to briefly explain below:
    1) There's no way to see payments for bills that are setup as transfers to another Quicken accounts (i.e., car loans, mortgage payments).  Even though these entries are tied to specific categories, my budget shows $0 actual cost for any of these type of transactions.  I realize this is because of the nature of the transfer transactions, but the budget features in v3.3.1 are not mature enough to handle this the way prior versions of Quicken did (been using Quicken Windows exclusively since 1992).
    2) The summary/rollup lines in the edit budget interface are not functioning properly or are including costs that do not exist.  After updating to v3.3.1 I looked at the edit feature and noticed that the rollup/summary category line was much higher than the sum of the categories under the corresponding heading.  The only way to resolve this was to enter $0 in the summary line and copy to all months.  This appears to have cleared out the erroneous data and caused the summary lines to recalculate as the sum of the subcategories.
    3) Why does the budget pull in some transactions from investment accounts into the budget.  I noticed several amounts in "uncategorized" and a few other areas that I did not recognize and upon drilling down into the data I see that the interface is also including transactions from the investment accounts.  The way this is setup, it doesn't make sense to pull in these transactions.
    4) In reference to #3, it would be nice to have the option to select which accounts you wanted to include in your budget interface.  Not all transactions in Quicken need to be included in the budget which is the current assumption made in the budgeting tool.  Please consider adding the option to select your accounts as well as the ability to control how transfers between accounts are handled as discussed in #1 above. 
  • pauldv172
    pauldv172 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    RickO said:

Annoyance with new scheduled direct bill pay feature: For most of my scheduled bill pay transactions, the amount varies each month, yet I like to have the transaction scheduled so that I don't forget to pay it. I normally save these scheduled transactions with a zero dollar amount, and enter the variable amount each month as I pay the bill. However, if you designate a scheduled transaction as "To Send" in 3.3.1, it will not let you save a zero dollar amount for the transaction. It would be better if scheduled transactions were allowed to be saved with a zero dollar amount, and the validation that the amount must be non-zero deferred until such time as the transaction is actually about to be transmitted.

My workaround is to save the transaction with $0.01 for the amount. But this could lead to inadvertently sending a penny to the payee.

QM2016 Version 3.3.1 (Build 33.12036.100)

I am trying to set a bill reminder starting 3 days from now.  When I enter it, the next scheduled transaction skips the current month and starts on the next month.  How do I get it to recognize
    the current month.
  • J. Holmes
    J. Holmes Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    RickO said:

Annoyance with new scheduled direct bill pay feature: For most of my scheduled bill pay transactions, the amount varies each month, yet I like to have the transaction scheduled so that I don't forget to pay it. I normally save these scheduled transactions with a zero dollar amount, and enter the variable amount each month as I pay the bill. However, if you designate a scheduled transaction as "To Send" in 3.3.1, it will not let you save a zero dollar amount for the transaction. It would be better if scheduled transactions were allowed to be saved with a zero dollar amount, and the validation that the amount must be non-zero deferred until such time as the transaction is actually about to be transmitted.

My workaround is to save the transaction with $0.01 for the amount. But this could lead to inadvertently sending a penny to the payee.

[mention://4161011 @pauldv172] In the Bill Reminder Screen - you should see a calendar that reads Start on or after:  Make sure you select May 18 as the start of the series.  Thereafter, down in the bottom you should see 'Next 5/18/16, 6/18/16...  I hope this works for you.
  • pauldv172
    pauldv172 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    RickO said:

Also, a note on RickO request.  When marking as paid, the drop down box is not adequate enough to prevent wrong payments.  I should bring up the actual bill and asked if any changes so the amount can be changed.  I have very few Bill reminders that have the same amount due each month,  It should be like quicken for windows was.
This discussion has been closed.