File Information window - include number of stored attachments and total size (10 Legacy Votes)

UKR
UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
File information window (click Help in Menu Bar, CTRL-click About Quicken) does not show any information about documents attached to transactions or accounts.

Here's an example of this File Information window, for reference:

Additional information I would like to see:
Number of attached documents: 12,345
Total document storage: 1,234 MB
While I'm thinking about it ... information about the version and build level of Windows would also be nice to have, if it's easy for the program to obtain it.
8 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    The version is right there...Quicken 2016 H&B R8...though the build # is not but I believe there is only one build number per R# that is released (there are of couse other build #s during testing).

Are you looking for something more?

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018

I agree that the number of attachments and their total storage space would be a good addition to the File Information box.

However, I don't think OS/Hardware data should be added to the File Information box.

I think there should be a separate box with OS and hardware information. Say Help > System Data or something like that.

The reason for this is I would like to see a box with the following data: OS Version & Build, Monitor Size, Scaling factors and other pieces of data that are often required or requested.

In my opinion, these items are different enough from the current File Information box to warrant a separate box.

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

I agree that the number of attachments and their total storage space would be a good addition to the File Information box.

However, I don't think OS/Hardware data should be added to the File Information box.

I think there should be a separate box with OS and hardware information. Say Help > System Data or something like that.

The reason for this is I would like to see a box with the following data: OS Version & Build, Monitor Size, Scaling factors and other pieces of data that are often required or requested.

In my opinion, these items are different enough from the current File Information box to warrant a separate box.

so that should be a separate IDEA?

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

The version is right there...Quicken 2016 H&B R8...though the build # is not but I believe there is only one build number per R# that is released (there are of couse other build #s during testing).

smayer97,
    please reread my original post.
    What I'm looking for is the version and build level of Windows.
    That's some piece of information the other SuperUsers are always asking about.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Ah...My brain registered it as Quicken for Windows. Read it too quick I guess. Sorry.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

If you agree with my suggestion, then there should be two Ideas: one for the addition of information to the File Information box and one for a new 'System' Information box.

I will hold off on creating a new idea until more people respond to this post - especially ukr as maybe most people would like all the information in the one box instead of two in which case only one idea is needed.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Just stumbled across this whole "attachment" feature - never knew, never used -
    It was mentioned/implied in another thread about "large file sizes".
    -
    I just added a jpg file to a transaction to see how things worked....
    also had to add the "column" to display the paperclip. 

NOW - I totally agree that there should be some manner to tell that attachments even exist within the QDF file - else, you would never know....

Next discussion would be - how to find them ?
    -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    While I think this would be helpful info, I would NOT be storing any important files as attachments in Quicken. There are too many ways it could go wrong - leaving you with no access to those attachments.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

While I think this would be helpful info, I would NOT be storing any important files as attachments in Quicken. There are too many ways it could go wrong - leaving you with no access to those attachments.

I agree.  Currently I store most of my statements in Quicken, but that is for the convenience.  Certainly for any document that I really have to ensure sticks around I would just store as a normal document, and back it up with all my other files.
  • Hello All,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, it will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to add your vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think, information about file attachments and the Windows release and build would be helpful in finding a solution to customer - reported issues..

Vote on Ideas!

Ideas are brought to the attention of the programmers for consideration.

If you would like to see this enhancement made in a future version of Quicken vote on it. Locate the big blue box near the top of this webpage (or page 1 for long discussions) and click the "Up" triangle under the voting count.
    Wait a moment for the vote count to be registered and updated before you continue.
    The little triangle changes from grey to black when you have registered your vote.

Every vote counts!

For additional information about idea posts please read  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849425/creating-and-voting-for-ideas-in-the-community#latest

• Dan Glynhampton
    Dan Glynhampton Member ✭✭✭✭
    UKR said:
    I still think, information about file attachments and the Windows release and build would be helpful in finding a solution to customer - reported issues..
    Totally agree, vote added!

US Quicken Deluxe for Windows Subscription R28.16 on Windows 10 Pro v2004
  • ALee643
    ALee643 Member ✭✭
    I agree with UKR's statement.