Please add ETF (and other customizability) to security/asset types (78 Legacy Votes)

Options
2»

Comments

• Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Presently when setting up a CD the selection in QM which makes the most sense is "other bond". Of course in order to get to that bond type the asset class selected must be Domestic Bonds.
  • Sammy
    Sammy Member ✭✭
    Options
    How about adding some more Asset Classes? Eg. REITS, International Bonds, small cap international stock etc.
  • Robert87
    Robert87 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken (the current version) is no match for the investment and reporting capabilities of Quicken for Mac 2007. The Inability to customize investment
    classes (ETFs, preferred shares, precious metals, energy, etc) and the lack of an income column to account for dividends and interest income In the portfolio view is a major concern for someone that uses the program as a complete financial program.
    I wish there was more emphasis on complete investment tracking, investment customization and investment reporting .

PLEASE HELP US attain these goals in future updates of Quicken for Mac.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Robert87

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that this feature isn't currently offered.

I have moved your post to the ongoing Idea thread to add the ability to add more asset classes.

This Idea has been marked as "Under Consideration" meaning that the Idea has been forward to the development team and is being considered for future implementation.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Daffy Duck
    Daffy Duck Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    ETFs are probably the fastest growing investment type in the market. I think it should be a simple addition to Quicken and would allow me to segment my account files in Quicken to mirror the groupings in the statements I receive from my Brokerage.
  • Daffy Duck
    Daffy Duck Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Options
    With the growth of ETF's as an investment option in recent years I think it would be good to add ETFs as an additional Investment Type.

I know that Schwab is breaking ETF's as a separate investment category and splitting ETF's out as a separate category in the Portfolio would make it easier to match my Quicken Portfolio up to my brokerage statement.

I would think this would be a relatively simple change.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @Daffy Duck This is already an existing Idea; please visit the existing Idea thread and add your vote. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Daffy Duck
    Daffy Duck Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @jacobs - thanks - I did as you suggested and added my vote. Prior to posting this I had searched the community but it did not turn up - probably chose the wrong words.
  • mikeweberatl
    mikeweberatl Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I completely agree that we need "ETF" as a Security Type. I am totally against the idea that it should be manual. ETF needs to be a Security Type and that data needs to be populated automatically from an external data provider. I have an investment account with 70 holdings and about half are stocks and half are ETF's. I need to be able to run reports that filter on ETF vs Stock. When I login to the website of my investment brokerage, they give me the ability to do this so there's no reason Quicken cannot either (the external data sources are certainly available for them to reference.)