Validate and Repair or File Export QXF stuck on "checking stock splits"

2»

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2017

I've has this problem for at least 3 versions of QW and I'm hoping I solved it permanently. Here are all the steps I took. I'm not sure if all are needed for everyone. I just know my set up. Also keep in mind I was on a new PC with QW2018 just installed. But I did validate immediately after install and had the error.

Notice I'm in Super Validate mode here (Ctrl-Shift while selecting File\File Operations\Validate File) . 

1. Moved file off NAS on to secondary drive on my desktop PC.
    2. Selected just Delete investment price history and pressed OK
    3. After that completed I selected just Rebuild investment lots and pressed OK
    4. After that completed I selected just Super validate file and pressed OK

Seems now I can do a normal Validate without it getting stuck on "Checking Slock splits"

For now doing the "Happy Dance!"

Hoping this help someone. Please let me know.

Tim

I just have grown tired of the "oh that not supported" line from companies when it's convenient.
    This isn't a matter of convenience.

For an application like Quicken (database) it has to be designed for it from the ground up.  It was never designed for it, and it would take too much work for them to change it at this point.

Can it work?
    Sure, as long as your network is 100% reliable.

Could they block it?
    Sure, and then they would be angering all the people that are doing it even if it isn't recommended.  It isn't something they can win at.  They probably should have some kind of warning though.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018

I've has this problem for at least 3 versions of QW and I'm hoping I solved it permanently. Here are all the steps I took. I'm not sure if all are needed for everyone. I just know my set up. Also keep in mind I was on a new PC with QW2018 just installed. But I did validate immediately after install and had the error.

Notice I'm in Super Validate mode here (Ctrl-Shift while selecting File\File Operations\Validate File) . 

1. Moved file off NAS on to secondary drive on my desktop PC.
    2. Selected just Delete investment price history and pressed OK
    3. After that completed I selected just Rebuild investment lots and pressed OK
    4. After that completed I selected just Super validate file and pressed OK

Seems now I can do a normal Validate without it getting stuck on "Checking Slock splits"

For now doing the "Happy Dance!"

Hoping this help someone. Please let me know.

Tim

Wow, Tim's suggestion worked for me.  It cleared the stock-split validation hang-up and the one-step update hang on stock quotes.  Thanks!
  • BBBob
    BBBob Unconfirmed ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Great, got it to work. Thanks
  • Babsmazz
    Babsmazz Member
    Interesting. I was on the phone 3 times for a total of 4 hours with various levels of Tech Support trying to fix this issue. Their response was as everyone stated - just start fresh with a new copy of Quicken and add each account from scratch. Intuit needs to pay Chris a huge bonus for fixing what they obviously didn't care to address.

This combination of super validate/rebuilds worked!

Happy Dance x 10
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, Intuit hasn't owned Quicken for more than 3 years.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still interesting how many people still do not know or realize this.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    smayer97 said:
    Still interesting how many people still do not know or realize this.
    There are people who popst on this forum who are puzzled why they cannot launch Quicken 2004 or import from Quicken 1998! ;) Some people don't keep up with technology changes and just assume things will keep working the way they always have… until they don't, and they then discover things have changed.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.