Allow Quicken for Mac to use Zillow and expand to the Mobile App (12 Legacy Votes and 1 merged vote)

Options
2»

Comments

• douggold
    douggold Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

With respect, it boggles my mind that this feature is available for Windows and not for Mac.

[Merged Post]

• FSSbrett
    FSSbrett Member
    Options
    Please add Zillow access, soonest?!
  • Scott-k
    Scott-k Member ✭✭
    Options

I don't see why this isn't available in Q Mac. It is a nice feature for Q Win, updates quarterly

• JoeInOhio
    JoeInOhio Member
    Options

Yes please. It's not a life-or-death issue but it would certainly be convenient—especially since Windows already has the feature.

• Nah
    Nah Member
    Options

It exists for a PC, but it does not exist for Mac! This seems really odd. I only recently converted to Mac. I like the Quicken interface on Mac more (takes some getting used to), but the lack of features is surprising. Not sure why that is?

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello @Nah,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your request.

Your idea has been merged into this already active Idea thread regarding the same request.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Nah
    Nah Member
    Options

How do I vote on it?

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@Nah You can’t vote for this feature request because it is already marked as “Planned” by the developers. (Click to go to the first page of this thread, and you’ll see in in the yellow box beneath the first post.) That means it’s on their development schedule, so there’s no need for votes to advance the idea. We don’t know when it’s coming, but it’s coming. 😀

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@Nah said: It exists for a PC, but it does not exist for Mac! This seems really odd. I only recently converted to Mac. I like the Quicken interface on Mac more (takes some getting used to), but the lack of features is surprising. Not sure why that is?

Well, there's a long, tortured history to explain. I won't go into all the details, but here's the basic version… 😉

Quicken for Mac existed for more than 20 years from the 1980s through 2007. It never had all the features in the Quicken Windows version because during much of tat time, Mac market share was very small compared to Windows, and then-parent company Intuit allocated fewer developer resources to the Mac product. After Quicken 2007 was released, Into halted development because the old code dating back to early days of the Mac was not going to be compatible with Apple's announced plans for the evolution of the operating system. It wasn't something they could just update; the entire core of the program, from the database to the screen display technology, was on the way out.

So they set out to re-develop a new Quicken Mac for the modern Mac operating system. There were multiple management and development missteps over the yers that followed — a first iteration new product which didn't make it out of beta testing, a scaled back version released in 2010 (Quicken Essentials) which many Mac users rejected because of its limited functionality, and a dismantling of the Mac development team during one of several management shakeups. Finally, in 2012, they hired a new product manager and a few programmer to build out the features in Quicken Essentials, and the modern Quicken Mac finally came to market in late 2014. It was still lacking a lot of functionality.

Over the ensuing years, and especially once Quicken became independent of Intuit in 2016, more programmers were hired and more features were added. Fast forward to 2023, and the program has advanced by leaps and bounds over those early releases, but the developers have hundreds of not-yet-implemented features on their roadmap. Each year, more features get added and the gap between Quicken Mac and Quicken Windows gets a little smaller. The developers more often focus on adding things which cannot be done at all in Quicken Mac, rather than things which might add to ease of use or would be "nice to have" — such as the Zillow integration — but have work-arounds. Whether we'll ever get to true feature parity, as promised by the CEO many years ago, no one knows. But the fact is that the company seems committed to continuing to enhance Quicken Mac and add features users have been asking for for years.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • QknDan
    QknDan Member ✭✭
    Options

Please add it to Deluxe - maybe just 1 or 2 properties, and the other versions can have more properties.

• GTJr
    GTJr Member
    Options

I'm seeking this functionality as well…. I look forward to seeing it's addition to my Quicken Mac software.

• Lobbo
    Lobbo Member
    Options

Add me to the list… coming from Windows, it was disappointing to not see this in the Mac version.

• socalschlegels
    Options

me too. and KBB integration for vehicle values

• dimaua
    dimaua Member
    Options

Any updates regarding this feature?

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@dimaua They don't talk about upcoming features until they're released. We know it's planned, and that's all the information we're going to get.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• toomanybarts
    toomanybarts Member
    Options

Still not included after all this time?

• ajoy
    ajoy Member ✭✭
    edited March 23
    Options

Quicken does not have a way to import your assets nor does it have a way to value your assets. Mint and other software uses third party software to import assets and give them a market value. Quicken is living int he 20th century. Jump into the 21st century! Pitiful they don't have this feature. it is so basic. emabarrasing for them.

[Merged Post]

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 23
    Options

Zillow integration is already planned. If you have other assets you think they should be able to import values for, let us know in a reply & somebody can update the post accordingly, otherwise this can be closed as a duplicate.

[Merged Post]

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 23
    Options

And, by the way, the feature already exists in Quicken Classic for Windows. Quicken for Mac is still catching up to the Windows version.

[Merged Post]

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @ajoy,

Your idea has been merged into this already active Idea thread regarding the same request which is currently marked as Planned.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.