Idea: Add a "net balance" option to Projected Bills graph (9 Legacy Votes)

Options
2»

Comments

• Quicken_Natalie
    Options
    Hello All,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, it will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to add your vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I believe this IDEA is a duplicate of this one:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7646939/idea-add-a-net-balance-option-to-projected-bills-graph
    and probably should be merged.

I also do not think this idea should be archived because it actually is about making QWin and QMac similar, rather than one offering one approach and the other a different approach. Rather both should be avaialble as options for users to choose as both approaches have merit and application at different times and/or by different users.

And given that Eric Dunn has stipulated the desire to converge the features of QMac and QWin, it only makes sense to keep this one on the radar.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Concur with @smayer97. Second the motion to keep this idea active. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• walker.sc
    walker.sc Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options

Projected Balance Graph Needs a Sum total line

I love this graph however I pay bills using multiple accounts. The graph seem to show only each account as a separate line. I would like to see a line that shows the sum total, either instead, or in addition to the individual accounts. If this is not possible on the canned Projected Balance chart, is there another chart that would do the trick that I could customize?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Bills & Income tab's Projected Balances view intends to show how much money is available in each selected account so that you can easily avoid overdrafts in Checking accounts.
    In the table below the graph you have a Closing Balance column which shows the daily closing balance for each day and each account in detail. A daily Total Balance might skew the picture and make you miss potential overdraft situations.
    There have been several related discussions in this Community, some of which may be marked as "Ideas you can vote on". If you haven't done so, please search the Community and comment and/or vote on them.
    The only other Daily Total Balance view that I can think of right now is in a customized Home page. The Bill & Income Reminder view has an optional "Show graph" selection. When this view is customized to show the accounts you're interested in, the graph view has a line graph with selectable buttons showing "Total for 12/19/19 $x,xxx.xx"
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited December 2019
    Options
    If I understand your "want", have a look at this idea.   I contributed this some time ago - to add a "net balance" option while preserving the existing functionality.   Vote on it if you like it, contribute to the discussion if you can make it better!

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7646939/idea-add-a-net-balance-option-to-projected-bills-graph-7-legacy-votes/p1

Edit:  Changed link to land on page 1 of the thread.  There seems to be a few merges to the original idea making for a somewhat confusing read...