Quicken for Mac 2018 v5.6.2 & v5.6.3 Released

Options

Comments

• Kay Kibby
    Kay Kibby Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Kay Kibby said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Re: MAC V5.6.2. Export full budget to clipboard does not export cents, even if ....

Re: MAC V5.6.2. Export full budget to clipboard does not export cents, even if "show cents" is selected. I went back to 5.6.1 which still does.

It was showing cents, but just as .00,regardless of the actual figures.
  • Quicken Marcus
    Quicken Marcus Employee ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled After 5.6 upgrade, incorrect share amounts.

My investment accounts, after the upgrade, all show incorrect share amounts.  This is particularly obvious in several accounts which are now closed and should have zero balance, but have loads of shares.  This definitely happened with the 5.6 upgrade, because the accounts showed the correct values in April.

I don't see a way to fix this short of deleting all of the original "Add Shares" from 12/30/2016 where Quicken set up the original share balances. Is there a way to figure out how this occurred and fix it?  It's messed up many share balances.

Thanks.

I can't tell what happened from your description but definitely check the share balances at your brokerage to make sure that Quicken has them wrong.  The way Quicken works is that when we download your holding information from the brokerage, we'll automatically create Placeholder transactions to represent share purchases that occurred prior to the transactions that were downloaded.  These are auto-calculated every time we update your information.  If you suddenly have more shares than you originally had and there isn't a transaction to support it, these placeholders will change their share amounts.  If the next day the transaction appears, these placeholders will automatically adjust again.  Quicken tries to make sure your share balances always matches your brokerage so I'd be surprised that your share balances are wrong.  Now, there were issues with Investment placeholders  in 5.5.x which we fixed in 5.5.x but I don't think any new investment fixes were added to 5.6.  Since we didn't change anything, I'm really surprised it would work differently.  Its also possible the brokerage download data is different and Quicken is handling it differently which is causing the issue. 
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Gotom said:

I updated to this version 5.6.2 and proceeded to enter a split transaction - after the 25th split I began a search of visible columns for a list of all transactions matching one of the categories already listed, whereupon the file crashed leaving me to re-construct all the previous hours work. This has never happened to me in more than 10 yrs on Quicken. My rig is Mac OS 10.13.4 with 16GB.

By the way, the issue smayer97 brings up about the transfer field not being cleared when switching the category from an account to a regular category is fixed in the upcoming 5.7 release.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Gotom said:

I updated to this version 5.6.2 and proceeded to enter a split transaction - after the 25th split I began a search of visible columns for a list of all transactions matching one of the categories already listed, whereupon the file crashed leaving me to re-construct all the previous hours work. This has never happened to me in more than 10 yrs on Quicken. My rig is Mac OS 10.13.4 with 16GB.

By the way, the issue smayer97 brings up about the transfer field not being cleared when switching the category from an account to a regular category is fixed in the upcoming 5.7 release.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Katherine said:

The last update Version 5.6.2 (Build 56.22432.100) seemed to fix my CPU overload problem. Saving a transaction no longer takes 40 seconds. Rather than 100.3% CPU usage I get 25%.

Thanks for letting the community know.  We didn't change anything in Quicken that would have solved this issue but possibly there was a portfolio view window open that you didn't see that was causing this slowdown which somehow got closed after upgrading.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited July 2018
    Options

Since update to QMac 5.6.x receive "Warning: Pending payments to send." when quitting Quicken.  This is an old transaction which I cannot find in any of my registers or in the Bills & income screen.

Any thoughts on how to stop this error?  QWin has file utilities, however, these do not seem to exist on the Mac version.

It says the transaction is on 11/22/2009 and has the value of $675.  Can you click on All Transactions and then search for $675?  
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited June 2018
    Options
    SK said:

As of 5.6.2 I am unable to update Fidelity NetBenefits accounts and receive an error OFX error #-1.

And creating a new file does not fix the problem.

pretty well documented here when is this going to be fixed?
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/fidelity-netbenefits-ofx-error-1

Thanks for the update.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Paul said:

Launch speed remains abysmal after upgrading from 5.5.7. I am seeing the same behavior noted in the 5.5.x thread -- Quicken process starts and immediately drops a beach-ball, then moves to "Not Responding" with minimal CPU usage. A sqlite3 process fires up as a child to the Quicken process and sites for 2 to 4 minutes consuming less than 1% CPU.  Eventually sqlite3 pops to ~30% CPU for an instant, then the Quicken process starts responding, sqlite3 goes away, and Quicken hits 40% to 90% CPU as the interface appears.

After starting Quicken and quitting, a subsequent launch is much faster, but still beachballs and stalls.

Hi Paul, I think that would qualify as a pretty big investment history.  The fix should have helped you a bunch because downloading and saving quotes was a really slow process.  There is a database validity check that occurs at launch which we've stopped doing in 5.7 (our next release) which might help.  This is also a slow process and if there are any database issues, there is a database rebuild that takes place which is even slower.  It sounds like you have years and years of data so the database check might be impacting you heavily but not sure.  I really want to make launch performance as fast as we can make it.  I'll reach out to you separately to see if we can work together to speed this up.
  • Doug Blakeley
    Doug Blakeley Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 2018
    Options

Since update to QMac 5.6.x receive "Warning: Pending payments to send." when quitting Quicken.  This is an old transaction which I cannot find in any of my registers or in the Bills & income screen.

Any thoughts on how to stop this error?  QWin has file utilities, however, these do not seem to exist on the Mac version.

Yes, I tried this approach after enabling all hidden account and did not find a $675 transactions.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled After 5.6 upgrade, incorrect share amounts.

My investment accounts, after the upgrade, all show incorrect share amounts.  This is particularly obvious in several accounts which are now closed and should have zero balance, but have loads of shares.  This definitely happened with the 5.6 upgrade, because the accounts showed the correct values in April.

I don't see a way to fix this short of deleting all of the original "Add Shares" from 12/30/2016 where Quicken set up the original share balances. Is there a way to figure out how this occurred and fix it?  It's messed up many share balances.

Thanks.

The brokerage data was fine. I tried a number of things, but finally fixed it by disconnecting the account and reconnecting it....and like magic, the share balances were all correct again. All of my investment accounts were broken the same way, so I just followed that procedure.

Not sure what to tell you, something definitely got stuck or corrupted in the upgrade process.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Paul said:

Launch speed remains abysmal after upgrading from 5.5.7. I am seeing the same behavior noted in the 5.5.x thread -- Quicken process starts and immediately drops a beach-ball, then moves to "Not Responding" with minimal CPU usage. A sqlite3 process fires up as a child to the Quicken process and sites for 2 to 4 minutes consuming less than 1% CPU.  Eventually sqlite3 pops to ~30% CPU for an instant, then the Quicken process starts responding, sqlite3 goes away, and Quicken hits 40% to 90% CPU as the interface appears.

After starting Quicken and quitting, a subsequent launch is much faster, but still beachballs and stalls.

For what it’s worth, on my “busy” investment accounts, I have very slow response when entering a transaction. I’m assuming Quicken is recalculating a bunch of stuff internally from scratch, rather than a delta. This is only in accounts with a lot of investments (some of the managed accounts have 50-100 positions and hundreds of transactions per month). However, this isn’t a launch speed problem, which is..slow, but only 10-15 seconds to appear. You may want to split this comment out if it’s a different or related problem.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Gotom said:

@Marcus Sounds great...may we know how it is fixed in 5.7?
    Will it simply clear the Transfer field? If so, how does one categorize a Transfer?
    Or will there be a pop-up asking what the user wants to do?
    Or will there be a button to clear the Transfer? 
    Is there a visual cue to differentiate a Categorized Transfer transaction from only a Transfer? 
    Or did you use RickO's suggestion to simply always show both the Categorization and the Transfer in the Category field when that option is selected, so the user always sees and can change both?
    Or is it being handled completely differently?

TIA

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• John Pane
    John Pane Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    In this new version I am having the following problem with just one of my accounts. Every time I start quicken, instead of restarting with the same transaction selected as was selected when I previously quit, it consistently starts with a certain transaction from back in February 2018. Because this account has many transactions, this means my most recent and relevant transactions are not visible on the screen until I scroll. This is inconvenient and annoying.

Other accounts seem fine. I saw one note on the forum that might mean a similar problem was experienced by someone else previously. If so, maybe it is not particular to this version, but this version is when the problem appeared for me. (I tried the solution suggested in that other post, to create a new transaction in the account and then quit immediately -- that did not fix the problem).

John
  • John Pane
    John Pane Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    John Pane said:

In this new version I am having the following problem with just one of my accounts. Every time I start quicken, instead of restarting with the same transaction selected as was selected when I previously quit, it consistently starts with a certain transaction from back in February 2018. Because this account has many transactions, this means my most recent and relevant transactions are not visible on the screen until I scroll. This is inconvenient and annoying.

Other accounts seem fine. I saw one note on the forum that might mean a similar problem was experienced by someone else previously. If so, maybe it is not particular to this version, but this version is when the problem appeared for me. (I tried the solution suggested in that other post, to create a new transaction in the account and then quit immediately -- that did not fix the problem).

John

Nevermind. I was able to resolve this by backing up my data file and then restoring from backup.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    In release 5.6.2 the Fidelity Bond prices are no longer found.  Don't know if it is a Fidelity thing or a Quicken thing.

Fidelity lists their bonds with a long security name:
    12623EAF8 CNH CAP LLC NOTE CALL MAKE WHOLE 3.62500% 04/15/2018

And the Security Symbol is correct.

-Lynn Loewald
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Gotom said:

Any insight please?

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• Quicken Marcus
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Kay Kibby said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Re: MAC V5.6.2. Export full budget to clipboard does not export cents, even if ....

Re: MAC V5.6.2. Export full budget to clipboard does not export cents, even if "show cents" is selected. I went back to 5.6.1 which still does.

Is anyone else see what Kay is seeing?  I just tried this again and I'm seeing cents and the cents aren't just .00 but are the numbers I see in the budget.
  • Doug Blakeley
    Doug Blakeley Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 2018
    Options

I was finally able to resolve but took a bit of work.  I first exported my data as a Windows QXF file.  I then imported this file into QMAC as a new file. I had to relink online accounts as well as Quicken cloud.  Also found that transaction categories for scheduled payments needed to be filled in.  I now can exit QMAC without the pesky nag message.
  • drdocument
    drdocument Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options

Exported a stock account to CSV format, lots not shown..Result in 5.6.2 shows lots expanded. Should this be fixed in 5.6.2?

Another item, under bills & Income Showing several billers set up under Actions Pay With Bill Pay  which is not correct , how do i reset these to what they were previous to 5.6.2?

I am running ver. 5.6.3 and Quicken is crashing every time I select an account in a different section of the sidebar. Right now I have selected an account in the Credit Card section and if I choose another account in that section all is okay. But if I select an account in another section, say, Cash, then Quicken will crash. I tried dragging the Quicken app to the trash then downloading and installing a new copy of Quicken. Anything else I can try?
  • Joseph Toubes
    Joseph Toubes Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Since I updated to 5.6.3  I am asked everytime I open the program what my account passwords are. they should be in the system. It also asks me  if I want to put the passwords in the keychain and finally it asks me to log into Intuit quicken website.   

Also, it duplicates all my accounts with stuff that is the current date and removes all history.  So I have to go to each account and figure which is the current and which is the problem after update.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Paul said:

Since I switched  to Quicken Mac 2018, I have also experienced painfully slow performance, both on opening and switching from account to account. I have several different files. It is worst in my Investment oriented files and not as bad in files that do not have many investment accounts. The investment accounts (file sizes range from 70MB to 100MB) are so slow as to be useless. I am on 5.6.3 but unless you can solve this problem soon, I will have to give up on Quicken. I sure hope you can solve it. I have tried all of your earlier suggestions.with minimal impact.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    What I had to do  is to go to the time machine and find a copy of everything Quicken and restore to that point.  Then   I got it working again. saved the file in the regular location. Then updated.  The program again asked for all the passwords, I did that.  Then I had to go and delete the duplicate accounts. save that and after a day or so it works now, but I am kind of worried about it. Seems if i use it more than a couple of times a day, it goes wonky again.   Next time there is an update, I am going to defer a few days before doing it again.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Paul said:

I am sorry to hear that.   I too have been a quicken user since 1993, but ..  I have come to the realization that there is a pecking order here.  My complaint is with check writing. For the PC it works fine, no problems, but I have a  Mac and I hate using Parallels to do that every time as it is painfully slow.   I wrote Eric Dunn who said he wasn't aware but would get his software dept on making the printing of checks, bolder type, bigger, darker. etc.  Later I got a letter from someone who said they were in charge of the software and they would consider looking into that.  That played on and finally the person said it wasn't a high priority.  I wrote Dunn back, same situation and referral.  I give up.  I would jump ship but not sure which way to jump
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Exported a stock account to CSV format, lots not shown..Result in 5.6.2 shows lots expanded. Should this be fixed in 5.6.2?

Another item, under bills & Income Showing several billers set up under Actions Pay With Bill Pay  which is not correct , how do i reset these to what they were previous to 5.6.2?

I am having the same issue as @drdocument and also when I click on the spending button or budget button the app crashes/closes every time. Quicken is virtually useless to me right now. I'm also running vers. 5.6.3 on MacBook Pro.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 2018
    Options

Shellye, I suggest you use the Report A Problem feature on the Help menu (assuming it doesn't crash), and/or contact Quicken Support by phone or chat, for help with your problem. Whatever is going on, it isn't a widespread problem, so they need to figure out what's going on with your setup.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Thank you. I did as you suggested and reported the problem. 
  • Just Lurking
    Just Lurking Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2018
    Options
    FYI, I just received 5.6.4, which isn't (yet) mentioned in the release notes.

Also, is the plan to release a new .x version every month? 5.6 was released over a month ago, so wondering if 5.7 is right around the corner...
  • Rich August
    Rich August Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I received 5.6.4 on Sunday, July 8th, and version 5.6.5 today, July 9th.  Must have been an issue with 5.6.4.
  • Just Lurking
    Just Lurking Mac Beta Beta
    edited July 2018
    Options

Also, is the plan to release a new .x version every month? 5.6 was released over a month ago, so wondering if 5.7 is right around the corner...

I wish I could edit my comment! Correction, I'm on 5.6.4 and received 5.6.5 today.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options

FYI, You can edit your comments as long as no one has added a comment to your reply or another comment immediately after yours, or if no one has clicked LIKE/VOTE/ME-TOO for your post.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

This discussion has been closed.