Quicken for Mac 2017 Automatic Backups not deleting per preferences - Version 4.8.0

ST
ST Member ✭✭
Quicken for Mac 2017 Version 4.8.0

The preferences for file backup contains an option to Keep last ?? files and save to ????.

I noticed that there were about 18 backups stored in the backup folder and the preference is set to keep the last 5.

This used to work in previous versions and I think this issue started with version 4.8.0

I was backing up to a folder in iCloud with no issues in previous versions and thought that perhaps having the folder in iCloud for this version was creating a problem with deleting so moved to a folder on my local HD and tested. Still have the issue. I can manually delete old backups but this function needs to be fixed to automatically delete after the set preference number is reached. 

Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2018
    This is a known issue in QM2018 and also showing up in the Win version. Now it showing up in QM2017 is really making me think that, somehow, it's a server/cloud issue.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2018
    RickO said:

This is a known issue in QM2018 and also showing up in the Win version. Now it showing up in QM2017 is really making me think that, somehow, it's a server/cloud issue.

Why would any server or cloud services be involved with local backups performed when quitting the program?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • ST
    ST Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    RickO said:

Local backups are being performed. The issue that I am having is that the setting to specify how many backups to keep has no effect and ALL backups are being kept. 
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2018
    RickO said:

I have no idea why the cloud would be involved. I can only guess that maybe the preference data is being stored there. But we've never had any indication that that is the case.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2018
    RickO said:

@ST, Just to repeat what was posted above, this is a bug that the developers have acknowledged, and it is expected to be fixed in the next release.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • ST
    ST Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    RickO said:

Thanks!  I guess we should just keep our fingers crossed that they get to it and get it fixed!!
  • ST
    ST Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    RickO said:

Is this bug listed in a "known issue" post somewhere?? 
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    RickO said:

Yes, here... notice the status = Acknowledged AND the category is General Category: All Products: Known Product Issues

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.