Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Placeholder issue

Zachary Reiff
Zachary Reiff Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
I have a placeholder on one of my investment accounts. It states the number of shares that is missing. When I click on the placeholder - the value of the everything is = 0 meaning there should not be a placeholder. When I check the portfolio value and cost basis - it states the correct value in 2012 but then shrinks to a 0 value in 2013 and then back up to the correct value in 2014. I checked the transaction history over and over again. There is no mistakes. I even started a new quicken file and manually entered everything the same way and there were no placeholders and the portfolio value was correct. Any ideas??? Thanks. I find the investing portion of Quicken very glitchy. 

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Any ideas???
    Delete the placeholder.
  • Ed Duncan
    Ed Duncan Member ✭✭
    Have the same problem with many placeholders. How do you delete these. I tried the delete all button and the computer locks up
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patients, it's not locked up, but depending on how many, can be time consuming.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2