Placeholder issue

Zachary Reiff
Zachary Reiff Member ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Investing (Windows)
I have a placeholder on one of my investment accounts. It states the number of shares that is missing. When I click on the placeholder - the value of the everything is = 0 meaning there should not be a placeholder. When I check the portfolio value and cost basis - it states the correct value in 2012 but then shrinks to a 0 value in 2013 and then back up to the correct value in 2014. I checked the transaction history over and over again. There is no mistakes. I even started a new quicken file and manually entered everything the same way and there were no placeholders and the portfolio value was correct. Any ideas??? Thanks. I find the investing portion of Quicken very glitchy. 

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Any ideas???
    Delete the placeholder.
  • Ed Duncan
    Ed Duncan Member ✭✭
    Have the same problem with many placeholders. How do you delete these. I tried the delete all button and the computer locks up
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patients, it's not locked up, but depending on how many, can be time consuming.
  • rbuch3
    rbuch3 Member ✭✭
    Help! I downloaded our investment data and was met with the placeholder message and of course the cash balance has been off ever since. I was to quick with the delete all placeholder message and now am having a time correcting the placeholder entry. Am I doomed to everlasting misinformation in my cash balance or is this something that can be corrected?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

You are not doomed.

First make sure the Placeholders are visible by going to Edit > Preferences > Investing and making sure the Show Hidden transations box is checked.

Are the Placeholders still in your file or have you deleted them already?

What if anything have you done so far to resolve the Placeholders? Have you tried to enter any Bought or Sold transactions prior to the Placeholder date?

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.