Q Mac vs Q Windows for options trading

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
I converted to QM a little over a year ago after using QW for over 20 years.  It worked fine until I started momentum trading options on Fidelity.  It isn't unusual for me to have 10 or more options transactions a day.  QM does a very poor job with options.  I can easily spend 20-30 minutes fixing things.  

I'm wondering if anyone that trades options frequently has experience with both QM and QW and can comment on whether going back to QW is something that might help me with this issue.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Going back to QW will be very painful since the Mac to Win conversion is very flawed and will require a lot of work to get it straightened out.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    splasher said:

Going back to QW will be very painful since the Mac to Win conversion is very flawed and will require a lot of work to get it straightened out.

In short, transaction categorization has a tendency to get badly scrambled and investment data does not get imported by QWin (even though they are exported by QMac).

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)