Create account groups (5 Merged Vote)

Options
2»

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Michael A Reed,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your request.

Your idea has been merged into this already active Idea thread regarding the same request.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• @Mike
    @Mike Member
    Options

I would like to add to the request to provide user defined account groups, especially in investments. I would like to be able to separate my wife's accounts from my accounts and in addition I'm holding some trust accounts for my son and nieces (to be inherited from my father) So it would nice to see how each group is doing (different investment goals), my accounts, my wife's, and my fathers. Thanks

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

A suggestion:

For ease of net worth, tax, and performance tracking and reporting you should have a different Quicken data file for each tax entity.

Assuming you and your wife file jointly, that would be one file, plus one for your father and one for each trust.

If you are just concerned with investment performance tracking and you want to keep everything in one file, you can create a separate Investing > Portfolio view for each group of accounts.

QWin Premier subscription
  • rpeirce
    rpeirce Member
    Options

I would also like to add to the request for customized account group, particularly for the Net Worth Reporting and the .csv download of the Net Worth report. I am a Quicken Business & Personal user of over 20 years. Even though Quicken is designed for personal use, there are times when a truly professional balance sheet is required to give to third parties. The one produced by Quicken does not fulfill that need.