Increase Invoice Quantity Character Limit [edited]

MPTRUCKING
MPTRUCKING Member
i use the invoice to bill a company for the bushels we have hauled when i put in the quanity 1536.25 it will show 1536.2. my invoice is not the correct total
13 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Hi,   Yes, seems like there is a limit!   You could break up the number into 2 invoice lines -  one line for the whole number and one line for the fractional part.   That seems to work....as a workaround....See image.

If you have a suggestion for a "numbers limit", you could state what you need and ask to have this thread turned into an idea.

Scott
    2019QW HBR

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are correct. There are limits to the number of digits you can enter both in QTY and RATE in the Customer Invoice  (and Vendor Invoice, too).
    • QTY 6 digits, including decimal point: 123456 or 1234.5 or 123.45
    • RATE 8 digits, including decimal point
    IIRC, this was discussed at least once before, several years ago, but nothing was ever changed by Quicken.
    Maybe I can talk the Community Moderator into converting this discussion into an Idea post.
    Let's get this to the attention of the programmers. Eventually, they may decide to implement this request in a future version of Quicken.
    And while they're working on that ...
    let's make the Customer Invoice entry dialog resizable so that one can widen the dialog box and make individual columns wider. They're too small!

• Bill49
    Bill49 Member ✭✭
    Further to this, the qty field is limited to two decimal places. I would like to see at least five or more digits so that the values in Quicken match the values on the actual invoice, which I prepare separately. Maybe I wouldn't have to prepare the invoice separately if Quicken supported this. The value is a quantity, not a price in dollars and cents. As it is I now have to leave the quantity blank and put the value in the text of the description so that Quicken doesn't try to recalculate the rate or the amount.

@Scooterlam, the workaround you suggested does work for MRTRUCKING's case but not for mine. Furthermore it doesn't look very good to be presented to the customer that way.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please get this to the attention of the programmers, to implement this request in a not too future version of Quicken.
  • KMCO
    KMCO Member
    This problem still has not been resolved after 2 years. Please fix Quicken Community Support Team. It really effects the usefulness of your product.
  • PBiller
    PBiller Member

My business charges a commission based on the receipts generated by clients. If the client earns $19,768.33 and we charge 5% of that, the quantity field needs to accept 19,768.33. But the quantity field is limited to 6 characters. I have to workaround it by putting 19000 on one line and 768.33 on a second line. This is really quite silly.

Expand the invoice quantity field to accept much larger numbers, please.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Still no action by the programmers …

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

My apologies. I must have missed your comment and nobody else in this Community has seen fit to come up with a response.

If you flip the numbers around in Qty and Rate, as shown below, you can correctly enter and calculate your commission charge.

Hope that helps.