Increase Invoice Quantity Character Limit [edited]

i use the invoice to bill a company for the bushels we have hauled when i put in the quanity 1536.25 it will show 1536.2. my invoice is not the correct total
5 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• ScooterlamScooterlam SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,   Yes, seems like there is a limit!   You could break up the number into 2 invoice lines -  one line for the whole number and one line for the fractional part.   That seems to work....as a workaround....See image.

If you have a suggestion for a "numbers limit", you could state what you need and ask to have this thread turned into an idea.

Scott
    2019QW HBR

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are correct. There are limits to the number of digits you can enter both in QTY and RATE in the Customer Invoice  (and Vendor Invoice, too).
    • QTY 6 digits, including decimal point: 123456 or 1234.5 or 123.45
    • RATE 8 digits, including decimal point
    IIRC, this was discussed at least once before, several years ago, but nothing was ever changed by Quicken.
    Maybe I can talk the Community Moderator into converting this discussion into an Idea post.
    Let's get this to the attention of the programmers. Eventually, they may decide to implement this request in a future version of Quicken.
    And while they're working on that ...
    let's make the Customer Invoice entry dialog resizable so that one can widen the dialog box and make individual columns wider. They're too small!

• BillBill Member ✭✭
    Further to this, the qty field is limited to two decimal places. I would like to see at least five or more digits so that the values in Quicken match the values on the actual invoice, which I prepare separately. Maybe I wouldn't have to prepare the invoice separately if Quicken supported this. The value is a quantity, not a price in dollars and cents. As it is I now have to leave the quantity blank and put the value in the text of the description so that Quicken doesn't try to recalculate the rate or the amount.

@Scooterlam, the workaround you suggested does work for MRTRUCKING's case but not for mine. Furthermore it doesn't look very good to be presented to the customer that way.