Just converted from Windows...where is the "scheduled transaction group" feature?

I just transferred to Quicken for Mac from Quicken for Windows. I have found where I can create single scheduled transactions, but where can I create "scheduled transaction groups"? This feature was a major benefit to using Quicken Windows.

If it is such that this feature doesn't exist in Mac, what is the best way to manage numerous, repeated transactions? The UI seems to show the scheduled (single) transactions at the top of the register, leaving little room for actually viewing the register. I can hide them completely, but then they're hidden (obviously... :) ).

Would appreciate any input other users can provide.

Best Answers

Answers

• pquimby@
    pquimby@ Member
    Thanks for both of your comments.

And another question...

None of the scheduled transactions contained within my "groups" in Quicken for Windows were transferred over when I moved to Quicken for Mac. Therefore, I'm having to manually re-create numerous scheduled transactions in Mac.

Any thoughts on how to transfer the scheduled transactions that are contained in Windows transaction groups?

Thanks again for the comments/tips/info.
    Pam
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The migration is an automated process with no options, so there is no control. SInce groups do not existing QMac, I guess the developers did not implement migrating them and splitting them. The only thing I can suggest is that you see if you can ungroup them in QWin before migrating.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I don't know how many scheduled transactions you have, but you might spend more time trying to change things in Windows and then re-importing into Quicken Mac than it would take to just re-create your scheduled transactions. It's inconvenient, to be sure, but it's just a one-time inconvenience.

In case you're note aware, the easiest way to set up your recurring transactions is probably to find the latest existing payment for each Payee, and Control (right) click on the transaction; in the pop-up menu, you can select Schedule Selected Transaction and set your schedule.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.