Where do my backup data files reside? (Q Mac)

QuickPeter
QuickPeter Member ✭✭✭
Following on from advice given to me in the last few days by jacobs and RickO about “Changing the "Type" of a Security”,I’m trying to figure out where my backup data files reside.

I’ve found some information on the following link:

Quicken Mac FAQ: Default location of Data File created/stored for Quicken 2015/2016+ for Mac:https://qlc.intuit.com/replies/2453982

When I click it I get the warning message in the attachment.

I don’t really want to proceed when I see warnings like that, do you agree?

QuickPeter
Quicken for Mac 2017 Version 4.8.5 (Build 48.20176.100)

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @QuickPeter I'm not where you found the link you posted, but it is a very old link to the community forum two generations ago. When I Google the topic title, Google correctly provides the link on this current forum for that article:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7227506/quicken-mac-faq-default-location-of-data-file-created-stored-for-quicken-2015-2016-for-mac

But for what you're looking for, it's summarized in what @RickO wrote above in two sentences.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • QuickPeter
    QuickPeter Member ✭✭✭
    RickO, got it thanks!
    That sure is a long path to the default location isn't it?
    The Menu command is easy - once someone tells you! Thanks.

When I've located my latest backup in Finder, how do I then use it in Quicken?

I'm going to try to merge security accounts mentioned in an earlier post. jacobs quite rightly advised me to make a backup before I tried to do that.

QuickPeter
  • QuickPeter
    QuickPeter Member ✭✭✭
    jacobs, many thanks for investigating that for me.

You're right, RickO has given me exactly what I'm looking for. Great.

QuickPeter
  • QuickPeter
    QuickPeter Member ✭✭✭
    RickO, many thanks for that advice on restoring a backup file. I'll work carefully through it soon.
    In the meantime, I've noticed that the default location only seems to give me the automatic backups? Please see screen-shot (I'm not sure this worked for me? Where abouts do I drag and drop the screen-shot?)

Where are the backups I manually make from time-to-time held i.e. Menu/File/Save a backup ?

QuickPeter
  • QuickPeter
    QuickPeter Member ✭✭✭
    RickO, thanks for your patience!
    I'll try the drag and drop right now.

That's better - got it. Thanks again.

QuickPeter
  • QuickPeter
    QuickPeter Member ✭✭✭
    RickO, yes when I save manually I save "Save As: "PS Finances 2019--9-10",
    "Where" "Backups"

But how do I navigate in Finder to those "Backups" ? :-(

QuickPeter
  • QuickPeter
    QuickPeter Member ✭✭✭
    RickO, forgive me! You told me the answer to that on 5 September:

"The default location is /Users/(username)/Library/Application Support/Quicken/Backups "

Oh boy!

QuickPeter
  • QuickPeter
    QuickPeter Member ✭✭✭
    I just wanted jacobs to know how useful and illuminating that link he gave us on 5 September.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7227506/quicken-mac-faq-default-location-of-data-file-created-stored-for-quicken-2015-2016-for-mac

I'm steadily working my way through the link trying to educate myself. So far, so good!

I tried to leave a 'like' for smayer97 but of course the discussion was marked "This discussion has been closed." No matter, I hope smayer97 sees this anyway.

Do we really believe he's still using QM2007? :-)

QuickPeter
  • jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Glad to be of help! 👍

And yes, smayer97 still uses Quicken 2007 -- exclusively! He's still holding on hopefully for more features from Quicken 2007 to make their way into modern Quicken Mac.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • QuickPeter
    QuickPeter Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks jacobs for that confirmation about smayer97 and Quicken 2007
    I feel quite smug now that I'm using Quicken 2017! :-)
This discussion has been closed.