Quicken mobile sync option is missing and when I click on "Mobile & Web" the app freezes.

Quicken mobile sync option is missing and when I click on "Mobile & Web" the app freezes. Windows just did a major OS upgrade.

Best Answer

Answers

  • alanw2005alanw2005 Member ✭✭
    The app also freezes if I click on "Help". "About Quicken".
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install and update.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken. To update Quicken, I recommend you download and apply the Mondo Patch: https://www.quicken.com/support/patching-updates-windows

    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • alanw2005alanw2005 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for trying to help. I deleted Quicken, cleaned the uninstall and followed all instructions. Still the same problem. Quicken freezes when I click Quicken Mobile and Web. I am certain this issued is caused by the latest Windows 10 update. Quicken needs to update their software to work with the latest version of Windows 10
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @alanw2005

    I'm sorry to hear that issues persist and appreciate your posting back with the updated information.

    If you haven't already, please check if the Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature has been activated.  Steps to locate and manage this feature are available here.

    If the Windows Defender feature is not turned on, please try to go to the Edit menu in the upper left corner of Quicken and select Preferences.

    In the Preferences window, click "Quicken ID, Sync & Alert" from the lower left side and on the right side of the window is there a blue "Get Started" button under the Sync and Alerts section?

    Please let us know, thank you.

    Sarah
  • alanw2005alanw2005 Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Sarah said:
    > Hello @alanw2005
    >
    > I'm sorry to hear that issues persist and appreciate your posting back with the updated information.
    >
    > If you haven't already, please check if the Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature has been activated.  Steps to locate and manage this feature are available here.
    >
    > If the Windows Defender feature is not turned on, please try to go to the Edit menu in the upper left corner of Quicken and select Preferences.
    >
    > In the Preferences window, click "Quicken ID, Sync & Alert" from the lower left side and on the right side of the window is there a blue "Get Started" button under the Sync and Alerts section?
    >
    > Please let us know, thank you.
    >
    > Sarah

    Thanks for this Sarah. Great suggestions. I don't use Windows Defender. Instead I use ESET. I did turn off ESET and tried to go to "Mobile and Web" and the program froze.

    I do have a "Get Started" button. When I select this option it takes me to "Mobile and Web" and the computer then freezes. To be clear it is Quicken that freezes. My computer is still operable.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @alanw2005

    Thank you for trying and posting back with that additional information :)

    We should be able to resolve this, please go back to the Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts section and on the right side of the window click the blue link that says "Sign in as a different user".

    A new window will open, asking if you are sure, type yes in the box at the bottom and click OK.

    Quicken should now refresh and show a blank Quicken ID sign-in window, when it does, please close and re-open Quicken, then sign in with the same Quicken ID and password that you are currently using.

    After signing in, you should be asked about syncing to the Mobile & Web, select "Don't Sync to Mobile" and proceed through registration until you can see your data file again.

    (If you do not receive the prompt about syncing to Mobile & Web, please pause here and post back to let me know)

    We should now be able to reset up the mobile sync, please go to the Mobile & Web tab and click on the big Get Started button to select the accounts you would like to sync.

    Please let me know how it goes, thanks again!

    Sarah
  • alanw2005alanw2005 Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Sarah said:
    > Hi @alanw2005
    >
    > Thank you for trying and posting back with that additional information :)
    >
    > We should be able to resolve this, please go back to the Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts section and on the right side of the window click the blue link that says "Sign in as a different user".
    >
    > A new window will open, asking if you are sure, type yes in the box at the bottom and click OK.
    >
    > Quicken should now refresh and show a blank Quicken ID sign-in window, when it does, please close and re-open Quicken, then sign in with the same Quicken ID and password that you are currently using.
    >
    > After signing in, you should be asked about syncing to the Mobile & Web, select "Don't Sync to Mobile" and proceed through registration until you can see your data file again.
    >
    > (If you do not receive the prompt about syncing to Mobile & Web, please pause here and post back to let me know)
    >
    > We should now be able to reset up the mobile sync, please go to the Mobile & Web tab and click on the big Get Started button to select the accounts you would like to sync.
    >
    > Please let me know how it goes, thanks again!
    >
    > Sarah

    Thanks Sarah. Tried this. Mobile & Web still freezes when I try to open it.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @alanw2005, just to be clear.  When you said that you "deleted Quicken, cleaned the uninstall and followed all instructions" did you use QCleanUI?
    Only QCleanUI can properly, and completely,  remove Q prior to a re-install.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • alanw2005alanw2005 Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > @alanw2005, just to be clear.  When you said that you "deleted Quicken, cleaned the uninstall and followed all instructions" did you use QCleanUI?Only QCleanUI can properly, and completely,  remove Q prior to a re-install.

    Yes I used QCleanUI.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    alanw2005 said:
    > @Quicken Sarah said:
    > Hi @alanw2005
    >

    Thanks Sarah. Tried this. Mobile & Web still freezes when I try to open it.
    Hi @alanw2005 

    I'm sorry to hear that the freezing is persisting and appreciate your posting back with the updated information.

    Please go back into the Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts - does it now show a link to reset the cloud data or do you still see the "Get Started" button?

    Please let us know, thanks again.

    Sarah
  • alanw2005alanw2005 Member ✭✭
    Hi Sarah, thanks for your continued interest in trying to help me. All I see is a get started button.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you use a VPN?
    Are you located outside the U.S. and Canada?
    Are you connected through a corporate firewall or is your Antivirus software blocking Quicken from establishing Internet connections?
  • alanw2005alanw2005 Member ✭✭
    After months of not working I am happy that with the latest Quicken Windows update that I got today, the mobile app is now syncing. Thank you all who tried to help. I was just about to cancel my subscription. Thank you Quicken for fixing this. What was the issue?
  • alanw2005alanw2005 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    This was my original thread:

    [removed self-referencing link]
This discussion has been closed.