Is there anyway to bounce between Quicken for Mac and Quicken for Windows managing the same portfoli

I am trying to help manage my parents accounts. I use Quicken for Mac and my parents use Quicken for Windows. Is there a way that I can reconcile, or make updates to their accounts on my Mac, then back it up in a .QDF format for they can run a backup off of it? Or is there a place to convert my .quickenbackup to .QDF and visa versa? I would really like to be able to help my folks with out having to go get another computer.

Best Answers

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but no.  The file formats between QWin and QMac are completely different.
    Have you looked into running a VM on your Mac ... and running QWin there?  You could bring in your parents current  QWin file, manage it as needed and then send it back to them.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    And if you think you will both be making entries in their data file that won't work sending it back and forth.  It will get out of sync and someone will make entries in the wrong file.  It will be too easy to get messed up.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.