Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

'Buy and Hold' showing $0 in investment performance tab

On the Investing Performance tab, there is an option to select "Buy and Hold" in the "Growth of $10,000" chart...this has been working for me pretty reliably, up until a few weeks ago. Now, when I select this option, the Buy and Hold line is stuck at $0 across the entire graph.

Any ideas why this is happening, or how to fix? I have about 7 different investment accounts, and it doesn't matter what combination of accounts or analysis period I select, Buy and Hold is now just always $0.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To produce the Buy and Hold results, Quicken needs to successfully pull the performance data from a third-party service provider.  At this time, the service appears to be unavailable.  
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Buy and Hold is not working for me either, and below the chart there is a line of text that says "Buy and hold external data unavailable"
    QWin Premier subscription
  • OpaBear
    OpaBear Member
    I am having this issue as well and really miss this feature. Any idea when it may be resolved?
  • Quicken SangeethaS
    Quicken SangeethaS Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    Hi all, We identified this issue and are working with our vendor to fix it as we speak. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • OpaBear
    OpaBear Member
    This has only partially resolved my own personal issue: There are some 30 "unavailable securities" across my accounts (ETFs) that were previously factored into the Buy&Hold calculations, but now are reported as "unavailable". The Buy&Hold calculations in my case, since the fix, are now about 5 percentage points off.
  • Jay Gourley
    Jay Gourley Member ✭✭
    Someone please tell me what the "buy and hold" graph with a settable percentage is? This thread is the closest thing I can find to documentation on it.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone please tell me what the "buy and hold" graph with a settable percentage is? This thread is the closest thing I can find to documentation on it.
    If you haven't already, you may want to review the built-in documentation on the subject: press F1

This discussion has been closed.