Quicken not downloading dividend reinvestments from Fidelity [edited]

divina12253858divina12253858 Member ✭✭
edited December 4 in Investing (Windows)
I have a Fidelity Account with Direct Connect. I have no problem downloading transactions like a Stock transaction or ATM withdraws. But when it comes to dividend reinvestment those transactions are left out. I called Fidelity they say its Quicken I call Quicken they say its Fidelity does anyone have information on this and even better how to fix it. I did account reset nothing. I did account delerte same problem persist.

Answers

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Fidelity customer also ... and I download reinvestment transactions all of the time.
    NOW, at year-end where there are multiple reasons for the funds paid at one time (Interest, Div, LTCG, STCG, etc), Fidelity will download each of those transactions individually ... and then a single BUY for the total amount.  Is that what you're seeing?
    OR, are those funds paid not downloading at all.
    ALSO, What Q product are your running?  And what BUILD of Q?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • divina12253858divina12253858 Member ✭✭
    The funds are paid and reinvested but not downloading at all.
  • divina12253858divina12253858 Member ✭✭
    I'm using the latest version of Quicken for windows
    I'm using the latest version of Quicken for windows
    This doesn't answer my question.  Please do HELP, About Quicken and report what you find there.
    The funds are paid and reinvested but not downloading at all.
    Have you looked at your OFX Log to see what's being downloaded?  Because for your Direct Connect method of downloading, Fidelity is ENTIRELY responsible for the content of the download.
    SO, do HELP, Log Files, OFX Log.  Save the file to your desktop and open with NotePad or WordPad (NOT MS Word).
    Go to the bottom of the file and search UP for the security name or symbol.