Move transactiosn between investment accounts on Quicken for Mac 2020

Options
hkvh
hkvh Member
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I am trying to backfill historical transactions into a brokerage account since the Web Connect will only backfill transactions from two years. I have the account's historical transactions imported into a new brokerage account through a QFX import and now wish to move them into the active broker account. I have done this all the time for checking and savings accounts by just dragging the transactions (or duplicating and then dragging), but it appears that Quicken doesn't allow the most of the transactions to be moved (the not allowed symbol appears over the mouse when you try to drag them and nothing happens). Interestingly, I can still move some transactions between the two brokerage accounts like transfers from the bank, so it's really only transactions that are buying / selling assets or reporting a dividend that it won't let me move.

There is this article in the help https://www.quicken.com/support/move-transactions-between-quicken-accounts for how to move transactions between brokerage account for PC but there doesn't seem to be a similar option on Mac?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The ability to drag and drop transactions between one investment account and another was just implemented in version 6.2.1 released in late May 2021.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    You can only move shares from one investment account to another using the Move Shares function. You will not be able to move transactions.

Do you happen to have QM2007? If you do, one trick that could work theoretically is to import ALL QFX data into a file and single account in QM2007. QMac has the ability to import multiple QM2007 files into one QMac file (this will create new accounts in QMac). Of course, if you do not have QM2007, this idea is moot.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The ability to drag and drop transactions between one investment account and another was just implemented in version 6.2.1 released in late May 2021.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.