Will I be able to post any checks and deposits when I am away from WiFi?

Options
I travel with my laptop and are often away from WiFi or other internet access. What will I be able to do with Quicken 2020 on a Win 10 machine? In other words I am asking if the software is useable on the laptop alone and when I return to the home/office the transfer of data can be completed.

Best Answer

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The program lives on whatever machine(s) you install it on.  If you take your laptop with you and make changes to your Quicken data file, you simply transfer that file over to your desktop machine.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quick_FAZ said:
    I travel with my laptop and are often away from WiFi or other internet access. What will I be able to do with Quicken 2020 on a Win 10 machine? In other words I am asking if the software is useable on the laptop alone and when I return to the home/office the transfer of data can be completed.
    To clarify... is the laptop your only place for installing Quicken...
    Not sure what you mean by ....
    --> when I return to the home/office the transfer of data can be completed.
    The software is installed and lives on the laptop - the data is also stored on the laptop in a data file - the QDF file.  The only involvement of any "outside" elements is the optional usage of the Quicken cloud to sync with the Quicken Mobile App and the Quicken on the Web browser website..... all else is totally contained on your stand along laptop.
    BUT.... if you are downloading any transactions from any banks/brokerages, of course you would need Internet Access - and when made avail - Quicken would download the latest transactions as requested.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.