What Version of Quicken (Mac/Win) Does "How Do I ..." Help Page Apply?

Options
Quicken has a number of "How Do I ..." help pages, but I can't tell whether the page applies to the Mac or Windows version of Quicken. For example, Google search brought up the following Help page on recording income. Most of the help page likely applies to both versions, but there is a section called "Transfer Account (Optional)" that does not appear in my Quicken Mac.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-record-income-dividend-interest-or-capital-gain
Quicken Mac Subscription

Best Answer

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Unfortunately, even with all the progress on and demand for  the Mac version, Quicken culture is STILL Windows centric. This is hugely reflected in the knowledge base and help pages. It has been a long-standing issue that they do not clearly ID to what platform their info applies. At one point they did, then for some strange reason they removed a lot of it.

You can usually safely assume that any info you come across applies ONLY to the Windows version unless it explicitly states that it applies to QMac or has some tag ro label (usually at the top).

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Answers

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Unfortunately, even with all the progress on and demand for  the Mac version, Quicken culture is STILL Windows centric. This is hugely reflected in the knowledge base and help pages. It has been a long-standing issue that they do not clearly ID to what platform their info applies. At one point they did, then for some strange reason they removed a lot of it.

You can usually safely assume that any info you come across applies ONLY to the Windows version unless it explicitly states that it applies to QMac or has some tag ro label (usually at the top).

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Yes, unfortunately a lot of the articles on the Quicken website don't specify platform and/or product version/year, so the help is less helpful than it should be.

In this case, yes, that appears to be Windows-specific information.

For Quicken Mac, if you receive a dividend for one security and have the proceeds transferred to another account (such as an IRA distribution that's deposited into your non-IRA brokerage account), you need to record the Dividend as one transaction and then a Payment/Deposit transaction to transfer the cash proceed to the other account.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • User251646
    User251646 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you @smayer97 and @jacobs
    Quicken Mac Subscription
This discussion has been closed.